Are there mixing consoles that integrate with Reason?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
fotizimo

01 May 2017

Hey there,

I am looking to purchase a Behringer QX1202USB as part of my strategy of integrating my growing line of Korg Volca's into my Reason workflow, and was wondering if there was a midi protocol or something that allowed Reason to see/control a mixer such as this? This mixer is a USB audio interface and would be seen by the computer as an audio interface, but I am not sure if Reason has the ability to control mixers such as this?

My question is, are there any mixing consoles that Reason can integrate with almost like control surface like the Nectar line of devices?
Fotizimo @ Instagram
:reason: on Surface Pro 4
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini
Arturia SparkLE Spark Codec for Reason

QuantumHarmonics

01 May 2017

I use the Mackie Control Universal to mix on the SSL in reason and nektar panorama P1 for all the rest.
Mackie control for it's motorized faders and nektar for it's unrivalled integration with reason.

QVprod

01 May 2017

The Behringer QX1202USB is just an analog mixer with a built in 2 channel audio interface. There's nothing for Reason to communicate with. Nothing goes as deep as the Nektar controllers, but digital mixers with motorized faders generally have mackie control enabled for controlling daws. You won't get much control from that beyond the mixer though.

Best integration you can get for the cheapest is to buy a Behringer U-PHORIA UMC1820 and a Nektar P1

fotizimo

01 May 2017

Yeah, I realized how bad a question this was after posting. I should know better than to think the Behringer device would have integration. I appreciate you all taking it easy on me and not calling out an obviously stupid question.
Fotizimo @ Instagram
:reason: on Surface Pro 4
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini
Arturia SparkLE Spark Codec for Reason

QVprod

01 May 2017

People here have varying levels of knowledge. Simpler questions than this one have been asked.

fieldframe
RE Developer

01 May 2017

There are some Behringer products that do have deep integration with Reason, namely the X-Touch and X-Touch Compact, which use the Mackie Control protocol. They are known to work well, albeit with a few glitches such as the level clip LED not resetting.

There are also the Behringer Mötor keyboards, which use the same Mackie Control protocol, though I haven't heard how well they work yet.

I own a Nektar Panorama P4, though, and can highly recommend it. I was completely surprised how well the "catch" feature works with the non-motorized faders, to the point that I don't use the single motorized fader as much as I thought I would.

• Information