Access Virus Ti2 with Reason?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Snowpig

24 Apr 2017

Hello,

has someone experience in using the Ti2 within Reason? The Synth seems really interesting.

What RE is matching or possibly overachive the sound of the Ti2 alternativly?

Best regards

SP

dioxide

24 Apr 2017

I'm not sure, and I've not owned one myself. It might be worth demoing Antidote though. I'm not sure how close it is, but I think the name is a reference to the Virus. I'm not sure if it is an emulation but it is a good synth.

chk071

24 Apr 2017

dioxide wrote:I'm not sure, and I've not owned one myself. It might be worth demoing Antidote though. I'm not sure how close it is, but I think the name is a reference to the Virus.
IMO, not close at all. But then, no soft synth really is.
:reason: :rebirth:

decoder

24 Apr 2017

I have an old Virus B and the Antidote does come close with some of their patches.
If I'm not mistaken, Rob Papen designed some of the original Access Virus sounds so Predator is a great RE for that Virus type sound as well.
(I love all three... Its kinda like trying to pick a favorite child...) :puf_bigsmile:

fieldframe
RE Developer

24 Apr 2017

chk071 wrote:
dioxide wrote:I'm not sure, and I've not owned one myself. It might be worth demoing Antidote though. I'm not sure how close it is, but I think the name is a reference to the Virus.
Remember that the Virus is a soft synth too, just one with a hard-wired DSP. ;)

riemac

25 Apr 2017

Snowpig wrote:Hello,

has someone experience in using the Ti2 within Reason? The Synth seems really interesting.

What RE is matching or possibly overachive the sound of the Ti2 alternativly?

Best regards

SP
I would be interested in this as well. Is it possible to trigger the virus TI via EMI from Reason and controll it at the same time via the virus controll VST running in a VST-host (SaviHost)?
I'm on the fence if I should buy a virus TI. I still have my old virus a but doen't use it any more.

Jonathan10

25 Apr 2017

I have experience using Roland System 1 with Reason which is same concept as virus. You can use emi to control parameter ie send midi but it is a pain in the ass and you cant really take advantage of having the hardware unit. Hope this helps
:refill:

chk071

25 Apr 2017

fieldframe wrote:
chk071 wrote:
True. But, there is still no soft synth which comes close.

Gesendet von meinem D6503 mit Tapatalk

Snowpig

25 Apr 2017

Thank you all for your answers.

I'm reading in forums about integration problems.I'm not so interested to fight with the device. Nektar P1 was enough. Grrrr

The sound and knobs of the Ti2 are the things I'm after :-)

electrofux

25 Apr 2017

It is till incredibly cumbersome to integrate hardware into Reason.
You can get the Audio in via monitoring Audio Channels in Reason but then you have to compensate for the Input Latency thus delaying all other channels with the free delay RE. Thats what the Virus plugin is for in VST DAWs.
Midiwise you need the EMI but honestly i am not sure if it transmits more than the one via CV connected CC- have to look into the midi codec possibilities of the EMI. If it does it might be possible to integrate it midiwise.

You can however host the Virus Plugin in a rewired DAW which has its own complexities and limitations.

Snowpig

25 Apr 2017

electrofux wrote:It is till incredibly cumbersome to integrate hardware into Reason.
You can get the Audio in via monitoring Audio Channels in Reason but then you have to compensate for the Input Latency thus delaying all other channels with the free delay RE. Thats what the Virus plugin is for in VST DAWs.
Midiwise you need the EMI but honestly i am not sure if it transmits more than the one via CV connected CC- have to look into the midi codec possibilities of the EMI. If it does it might be possible to integrate it midiwise.

You can however host the Virus Plugin in a rewired DAW which has its own complexities and limitations.
Thanx electrofux! Every way seems not very comfortable. The rewired solution sounds interesting. Never tried this. My Logic X could be this rewired DAW?

Snowpig

27 Apr 2017

So - I did it. Found a very cheap Virus Ti and will test it.

I'll come back with feedback, if someone is interested.

riemac

27 Apr 2017

Snowpig wrote:So - I did it. Found a very cheap Virus Ti and will test it.

I'll come back with feedback, if someone is interested.
Yes, please give us a feedback how well the virus integration goes.

electrofux

28 Apr 2017

Here you go, VST support in the near future. Probably gonna buy a TI Snow too and a Digitakt ;-)

Goriila Texas

28 Apr 2017

fieldframe wrote:
chk071 wrote:
Doesn't matter no software can match hardware synths period.

chk071

28 Apr 2017

Well, point me to the soft synth which sounds like a Virus. I'm not aware of any. But then, i'm not aware of a hardware synth which sounds like Sylenth1 either. Maybe there's a confusion over "sounds alike" and "sounds better". No need to expect hardware snobbery behind every corner, especially when it comes from 100% in the box users.

fieldframe
RE Developer

28 Apr 2017

Goriila Texas wrote:
fieldframe wrote:
chk071 wrote:
Doesn't matter no software can match hardware synths period.
You're right. The ones and zeroes that come from a Motorola DSP are much fatter than the ones and zeroes that come from an Intel processor. Motorola logic gates are especially well-known for their deep, rich zeroes, which is why Access uses them exclusively.

Snowpig

29 Apr 2017

:lol:

Spryx

14 May 2017

I use a TI with Reason and love it. How is yours working out?
latest:

Meldaran

17 May 2017

Having some issues with bouncing or exporting but otherwise it's pretty stable with the Virus VST plugin loaded. Also missing is access to the other parts (2-16). Still it's a really good start. I wasn't expecting it to work that well right from the get-go tbh.

tumar

18 May 2017

Meldaran wrote: Also missing is access to the other parts (2-16).
Wait! Reason doesn't work with Virus parts, multiple midi inputs and audio outputs? Sounds dishearting...

• Information