Behringer BCR2000 problems on Win 10

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
electrofux

19 Apr 2017

Hi,

got me a shiny new PC a couple of days ago and everything is cool apart from the fact that my BCR-2000 seems to be having Problems.

I installed the latest drivers and got the current firmware but on opening Reason or selecting the Midi Ports in the preferences i get told that the Ports are in use by another Program which is odd in 3 ways:

1.) There is no other program running making use of Midi Ports, at least none that i know of (i am new to Win 10).
2.) The drivers should be multi client (at least they were on Win 7) so there shouldnt be a problem running two apps with the same Midi Port open. I was running Reason alongside BCManager just fine under Win 7.
3.) Why does it have issues with the BCR and not with any of my other Controllers?

Is there anybody with similar issue on WIn 10? I am at a total loss here.

Sim0n

19 Apr 2017

Hi, I've not had any issues on Win10 with mine. I won't be able to check which drivers i'm using until i get home though.

normen

19 Apr 2017

Sounds to me like the Behringer drivers aren't properly installed or used. Windows has internal generic USB-MIDI drivers that somewhat work for the BCR/BCF but cause lots of funny issues. I also have a BCR and BCF working no problem under Win10.

electrofux

19 Apr 2017

normen wrote:Sounds to me like the Behringer drivers aren't properly installed or used. Windows has internal generic USB-MIDI drivers that somewhat work for the BCR/BCF but cause lots of funny issues. I also have a BCR and BCF working no problem under Win10.
It shows as if it has properly installed, coming up as BControl under Audio- Video- and Gamecontrollers and telling me it is working flawless, lol.
If i plug it in without the drivers i get and exclamation mark under USB devices and dont get a Midi Port to chose.

Man, it was working so sweet under Win 7, especially the multi client support was awesome.

Is there any way to figure out what process takes hold of the Midi Ports?

Sim0n

19 Apr 2017

Its an easy one to miss but on the BCR itself is the green light lit up to show usb is working?

Gorgon

19 Apr 2017

I've had similar problems with my padKontrol. Turned out that it wouldn't work if the midi device number was 10 or higher. I used the Korg Uninstall tool to get rid of any unused or corrupted midi devices so it would install in the next available slot (under 10). That would usually fix it. You could give it a try I guess.

http://www.korguser.net/html/Installati ... Manual.HTM
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

Catblack

20 Apr 2017

I ran into problems but ended up just using a different midi interface and hooking my bcr2000 up with a midi cable.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

electrofux

20 Apr 2017

Well, well, after trying numerous advices, even changing some registry entries, it turned out while connecting stuff to my new computer, that i put the BCR on a hubs usb port. :thumbs_down:
After putting it into a proper one everything worked. :thumbs_up:

electrofux

25 Aug 2017

Do you by chance have it plugged into a usb hub instead of a proper usb port?

• Information