Has anyone used Editor Keys for Reason?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
StephenMotz

17 Apr 2017

I'm interested in either a dedicated reason keyboard, or stickers for my keyboard. I'm a PC user, and I can't find custom stickers for my keyboard, but I keep running into the Editor Keys keyboard as an option. Does anyone else have any experience with this thing?

https://www.editorskeys.com/products/au ... -keyboard/

joeyluck

17 Apr 2017

I don't. But I've been looking at the labeled, silicone keyboard protectors. I think Editor Keys and KBcovers only offer them for Mac. And maybe they are the same company or associated? The covers look almost identical.

Would be cheaper getting an Apple keyboard and a keyboard cover for it. Could even afford multiple keyboard covers if you have other apps you use...

joeyluck

17 Apr 2017

Through KB Covers, for the entire keyboard (and looks to be the same 'Editor Keys' keyboard based on images), this one offers options:

http://kbcovers.com/reason-keyboard/

A little cheaper even with backlight, but the option to have without backlight for much less...

StephenMotz

17 Apr 2017

joeyluck wrote:Through KB Covers, for the entire keyboard (and looks to be the same 'Editor Keys' keyboard based on images), this one offers options:

A little cheaper even with backlight, but the option to have without backlight for much less...
Yeah, I was looking at the wireless option without the backlight because it's cheaper, but I can't decide how badly I want the backlight option. I like to work in a well lit environment by default to reduce eye strain.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

joeyluck

17 Apr 2017

StephenMotz wrote:
joeyluck wrote:Through KB Covers, for the entire keyboard (and looks to be the same 'Editor Keys' keyboard based on images), this one offers options:

Yeah, I was looking at the wireless option without the backlight because it's cheaper, but I can't decide how badly I want the backlight option. I like to work in a well lit environment by default to reduce eye strain.

Well sounds like you might not need the backlight. Just get a desk lamp/Littlite/booklight type thing for when you need it ;)

Looking at it, I'm not even sure how much of the keyboard's labels you can see with the backlight?

Jmax

19 Apr 2017

I have the Editor Keys for Reason, actually won it.

It is quite handy with all the labels and back lit. However, the build quality is less to be desired. It doesn't even have the standard pull out clips on the back to prop up the keyboard. So it lies completely flat. The keys also seem just average. Also it is wired, so another chord in your way. I don't use mine at all. Just seems as though they've taking a very basic keyboard and modified it.

StephenMotz

19 Apr 2017

Jmax wrote:I have the Editor Keys for Reason, actually won it.

It is quite handy with all the labels and back lit. However, the build quality is less to be desired. It doesn't even have the standard pull out clips on the back to prop up the keyboard. So it lies completely flat. The keys also seem just average. Also it is wired, so another chord in your way. I don't use mine at all. Just seems as though they've taking a very basic keyboard and modified it.
Thanks for the response. This makes me think that the cheaper, wireless, non-lit version might be a better buy in the end. I just really want to use the mouse as little as possible since my day job makes me use one a lot. Being able to easily control most of reason with a keyboard while I have my bass slung over my shoulder sounds very appealing!

ejanuska

24 Apr 2017

I had one of the keyboards for reason.
The spacebar was shit, there was some funny business with NUM LOCK or something that wasn't working for me. It looked cool in the dark until I realized I had all the keyboard shortcuts memorized already.
Sold it at $retail/2

raymondh

24 Apr 2017

I have an EditorsKeys keyboard. I really like the appearance and the labelling, but I don't like the keyboard much. It's too small.

• Information