Mouse-over, knob controllers?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
SaveTheHuman5

Post 22 Oct 2018

Faastwalker wrote:
21 Oct 2018
I've noticed other one-knob over controllers have dedicated buttons/switches for changing between control types i.e. vertical, horizontal & circular controls in the software. How does this work with the Surface Dial & the Elephant software?
Right now you have to switch from one mode to other using the software menu, what for sure not is the good way to go! I mean, really non comfortable and slow way.
Some users request hotkeys in my forum, but well, not a good idea...………...you know move your hand form one side to other any time you want switch.

Version 1.4 come with 2 new features:

New Feature 1- A new mode work in both cases, this mode allow to move a knob or a slider, without switch. Vertical, horizontal and circular in one single mode. Anyway this mode is OK, for any software or VST use mouse in place feature, like Ableton Bitwig and any modern VST.
Reason not have mouse in place feature, so this mode, not is the best way to go for Reason users.

New feature 2- Elephant Extender
Hi!computer is a place with a lot of DIY spirit, and this extender is the first DIY project see the light.

The Elephant Extender is a little hardware addon for Elephant Software, the base of the project use 3 sanwa buttons 2.95U$ each:
https://www.focusattack.com/sanwa-obsfs ... ons-black/
Or you can go with a more nice buttons
https://www.focusattack.com/pushbuttons ... anwa/30mm/

Or also the 23mm versions:
https://www.focusattack.com/pushbuttons ... anwa/30mm/

Also you need one Arduino board (around 5U$ if you order from china) and 0 knowledge in coding or soldering (self powered by USB)
Buttons can be connected with terminals to the Arduino board with "Pin Wire Connector" and terminals.
I provide a simple software for load the software required to Arduino so users no need install Arduino tools or need special knowledge etc.

For users want go beyond and can spend just few extra bucks, well if you like DIY projects, you really love the first DIY project I launch soon.
Around Monday 29, I launch the first renders and all info in the web site.

..........and the case for mount all this?
Well.... dont worry, there is a lot of options, like.... print central body with 3d printer, buy that already printed, attach nice wood laterals, mount directly on you desktop, and a lot of crazy ideas I stay ensure the community start to show with pics.
I provide the 3d files, and links to obtain that ready printed. etc etc etc

Finally probably add extra feature what is a hybrid between FEATURE 1 AND 2

Oh! and subscription to Hi!computer is just 9.99U$, one time payment with access to Elephant, The Extender, Chameleon software and all upcoming software and DIY projects :puf_bigsmile:

Only one combo is better than Hi!computer combo :lol:

Faastwalker

Post 22 Oct 2018

Sounds good. Looking forward to seeing what people do with the Elephant Extender DIY projects.

SaveTheHuman5

Post 03 Nov 2018

Faastwalker wrote:
22 Oct 2018
Sounds good. Looking forward to seeing what people do with the Elephant Extender DIY projects.
:puf_bigsmile: DIY !

Last edited by SaveTheHuman5 on 05 Nov 2018, edited 2 times in total.

Faastwalker

Post 04 Nov 2018

SaveTheHuman5 wrote:
03 Nov 2018
Faastwalker wrote:
22 Oct 2018
:puf_bigsmile: DIY !

Awesome. No special knowledge required? So anyone should be able to do this. You just need to build or buy a suitable enclosure? Will you sell kits with the buttons as well? Very interesting & exciting development ;)

SaveTheHuman5

Post 05 Nov 2018

Yes, anyone be able to do this.
Yes, you can mount on your studio desktop, build your case, 3d print, imagine something cool like a simple piece of wood with some vintage or special look, etc, I provide more ideas about case/mount soon.
About kits, no I not provide KITS, but the reason is good. If I prepare kits for sell that result in a expensive KIT to a end user..... I have to order parts, manage stock, reshipping to users, add cost of guarantee.........bla bla bla............all that make this project expensive with no sense. :thumbs_down:

All info of the project will be available here, already publish some details, and next Monday I update again.

https://hi.computer/forum-community/diy/the-extender/

:puf_bigsmile:

Faastwalker

Post 06 Nov 2018

SaveTheHuman5 wrote:
05 Nov 2018
Yes, anyone be able to do this.
Yes, you can mount on your studio desktop, build your case, 3d print, imagine something cool like a simple piece of wood with some vintage or special look, etc, I provide more ideas about case/mount soon.
About kits, no I not provide KITS, but the reason is good. If I prepare kits for sell that result in a expensive KIT to a end user..... I have to order parts, manage stock, reshipping to users, add cost of guarantee.........bla bla bla............all that make this project expensive with no sense. :thumbs_down:

All info of the project will be available here, already publish some details, and next Monday I update again.

https://hi.computer/forum-community/diy/the-extender/

:puf_bigsmile:
Very cool. I have a friend at work who is building his own MIDI controller. He knows someone who built him an enclosure. So i might hit him up to make me one once I have dimensions & other requirements. Definitely want to give this a go.

Faastwalker

Post 13 Dec 2018

........ any news on DIY projects out there yet?

Interested to see what people do with this before diving in myself.

New years project for me? I hope so ;)

• Information