Keystation Mini 32

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
chimp_spanner

15 Mar 2017

Just wanted to give this a quick recommendation! I recently got the Korg Nano Key/Pad and Control and honestly, was super disappointed with all three. So, back they go. The M-Audio Keystation 32 is small enough to sit in front of my qwerty, responsive enough to do real playing and even has an assignable data knob which, in all likelihood, will remain mapped to cc74 ;) Worth a buy it you're looking for a compact keyboard to use with Reason! And only 40 bucks!

Moonchild25

14 Aug 2017

did you get it working with reason, for some reason it isn't finding the key station in my control devices section.

O1B

15 Aug 2017

Can you add any - something specific about your experience?
Not calling you a liar, but your story shows no evidence of you ever owning the machines. There is absolutely Nothing to go on. Pretty bad advice, I'd say.

What happened.....? ... Not, 'Just,' Clarese.
chimp_spanner wrote:
15 Mar 2017
Just wanted to give this a quick recommendation! I recently got the Korg Nano Key/Pad and Control and honestly, was super disappointed with all three. So, back they go. The M-Audio Keystation 32 is small enough to sit in front of my qwerty, responsive enough to do real playing and even has an assignable data knob which, in all likelihood, will remain mapped to cc74 ;) Worth a buy it you're looking for a compact keyboard to use with Reason! And only 40 bucks!

aeox
Competition Winner

15 Aug 2017

I own one as well, although it was my very first midi keyboard. I've got nothing to compare it to.

Feels great to me.

chimp_spanner

20 Aug 2017

O1B wrote:
15 Aug 2017
Can you add any - something specific about your experience?
Not calling you a liar, but your story shows no evidence of you ever owning the machines. There is absolutely Nothing to go on. Pretty bad advice, I'd say.

What happened.....? ... Not, 'Just,' Clarese.
chimp_spanner wrote:
15 Mar 2017
Nano Key: feels like playing on a QWERTY keyboard. Clicky clacky keys. Entirely unmusical.

Nano Pad: body/casing of unit was bent/warped so pads were super quiet on account of most of the energy being absorbed into the casing as opposed to making any solid contact. When I did remedy it by playing something underneath the unit, the pad response was still shit (many others have experienced this, often resorting to disassembling it and placing some kind of tape or strip in between the pads and the sensors to increase sensitivity).

Nano Kontrol: I actually still have this. It's actually pretty good with an iPad (specifically Gadget). And tbh it's sliders and knobs. Not much to go wrong. I still end up doing much the same with the controllers on my Oxygen 61 though. But I keep the NK2 anyway as a just in case.

Better? ;)

• Information