Roland LEGENDARY SERIES

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Neo

11 Mar 2017

I abandoned VSTs last lifetime ago.. Though I would love to have this (as a RE!) minus the subscription thing... err. Thought id share anyway.

https://www.rolandcloud.com/4-0-release
Attachments
landing_JUPITER-8_PlugOut.png
landing_JUPITER-8_PlugOut.png (278.83 KiB) Viewed 3112 times
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

chk071

12 Mar 2017

Obviously, they're already CPU hogs as VST's. Don't want to know how they're as RE's...
:reason: :rebirth:

Lizard

12 Mar 2017

Yeah...... but for $20 a month you get access you about 12 or so cool plugs like the below...... with more added every month..... and after 12 months you get to keep one as part of the loyalty program. I don't see Roland jumping into the Re market but you never know. If VST is your thing though and you would appreciate authentic software versions of the Roland line this could turn out to be a good thing. I'm considering it. Right now your can try free for a month I think.

Creativemind

12 Mar 2017

Beautiful looking vst's there by Roland.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Lizard

13 Mar 2017

I could see myself joining for $20 a month. End of the 12 months is $240 and I'd get to keep one of my choice. Pricey for one but you get to use all the rest. Each 12 months you get a new one. I'm also hoping that they keep on their promise that new ones will be added monthly. If that's so in short time you could have all the classics at your fingertips for not much money. Devices created by their owners ensures attention to detail. I'd expect to see the 303 and 808 in short time. I'm hoping to see a JX-3P and the D-50 as well as the Fantom library. Maybe even the classic drum modules or V Drum series. Perhaps Boss effects? I really interested to see how far they go with this.
Last edited by Lizard on 13 Mar 2017, edited 1 time in total.

riemac

13 Mar 2017

I'm wondering if they will release a JP-8000 or JP-8080? I would really like that.
It is not an analog synth and maybe not in the focus of the legendary series. But because of it's digital nature it could be a 100% model.

16BitBear

13 Mar 2017

So what is supposed to happen after signing up for the public beta? I did so, but my account is empty. There are no plugins nor an application to install plugins anywhere to be found in my account.

Lizard

13 Mar 2017

DJBuddhaBear wrote:So what is supposed to happen after signing up for the public beta? I did so, but my account is empty. There are no plugins nor an application to install plugins anywhere to be found in my account.

Well..... I'm not sure as I am not signed up myself but go to the below link. There one of these for each device it appears and in the downloads section there is a button that says "sign up to download" for each version there is and what you need. Once you go there you either sign up or sign in. That should be it I think.

https://www.rolandcloud.com/instruments ... y/juno-106

16BitBear

13 Mar 2017

Lizard wrote:
DJBuddhaBear wrote:So what is supposed to happen after signing up for the public beta? I did so, but my account is empty. There are no plugins nor an application to install plugins anywhere to be found in my account.

Well..... I'm not sure as I am not signed up myself but go to the below link. There one of these for each device it appears and in the downloads section there is a button that says "sign up to download" for each version there is and what you need. Once you go there you either sign up or sign in. That should be it I think.

Thank you. I guess I expected that the installers or a single installer would be in my actual user account. I am downloading and installing now to check them out. :thumbs_up:

Lizard

13 Mar 2017

DJBuddhaBear wrote:
Lizard wrote:

Thank you. I guess I expected that the installers or a single installer would be in my actual user account. I am downloading and installing now to check them out. :thumbs_up:
Cool! Let us know if they are killer or not. I signed up but am away from my studio for a bit. It looks like early adopters get it at $19.95 but after the beta it goes to $29.95. Also.... there's a $39.95 subscription coming soon. Wonder what that's all about.

16BitBear

13 Mar 2017

I have started the download and install process. Some are a bit large especially the sampled instruments. I tried to add credit card information to my account to lock in the $19.95 beta sub price but the site won't accept the information. I put in a support ticket to find out what is up with that.

chk071

13 Mar 2017

riemac wrote:I'm wondering if they will release a JP-8000 or JP-8080? I would really like that.
It is not an analog synth and maybe not in the focus of the legendary series. But because of it's digital nature it could be a 100% model.
Would like that too. Even though I truely wonder how well such a synth would stack up against the latest, or even earlier, wave of soft synths. For example, I recently purchased Sylenth1, and had kind of a "aha" moment, because it has a punch and grittiness only few of my other soft synths possesses. Not sure if hardware synths like the JP-8K don't mainly live from their legendary status these days.

Mobiler Beitrag
:reason: :rebirth:

16BitBear

13 Mar 2017

Lizard wrote:
DJBuddhaBear wrote:
Lizard wrote:

Cool! Let us know if they are killer or not. I signed up but am away from my studio for a bit. It looks like early adopters get it at $19.95 but after the beta it goes to $29.95. Also.... there's a $39.95 subscription coming soon. Wonder what that's all about.
OK, I installed some and am testing them out. I did not install the Aria, Flavr, or Tera. I am not interested in those particular soft-synths. I installed all of the Legendary instruments - Jupiter-8, Juno-106, SH-101, System 100, SH-2, and Promars. I also installed the Anthology instruments - 1985 I & II and 1987.

I started with the Anthologies for testing. They are excellent sampled instruments but they are samples. You can not tweak the sounds beyond some very limited modulation and playback. But it is damned nice to finally have some authentic and legal D-50 samples from Roland. So if you want just the basic presets that came with the D-50 and what the other instrument is, then yes, they are very nice. I hope that they actually make a D-50 VST. If they do so, I will be in pig heaven!!

Now we move to the legendary. I owned a Jupiter-8 at one time, and I have used Arturia's version of it for a few years now. I have never really thought that the Arturia recreated the sound very well. It was rather thin and lacked especially in the low end. I could make do and with Waves Pumper on each track, that did help 'fatten' the sound up. The Jupiter-8 from Roland is awesome in my estimation. The low end is back. It just has that 'sound'. The filters are great. The Juno-106 is equally as good. I also had the hardware synth but I don't own the Tal soft-synth version to compare the two.

The remaing synths - SH-2, System 100, Promars, and SH-101 all sound great as well. I particularly like the Promars even though I have never really played with one before. I was getting some nice Krautrock, Berlin school sounds out of it very easily. I got some nice acid bass lines going on the SH-101.

Overall, I am quite pleased. I don't really like the onboard effects, and I will likely just keep them off most of the time. I ran the Promars through Blackhole and was in heaven! :puf_bigsmile:

If the subscription does indeed pay off one VST per year, then despite my reservation about the subscription model in general, for the types of music I make, these are must haves. I, too, would love to see some of these as RE's in Reason!

Lizard

23 Mar 2017

Pot just got sweeter with the release of 4.1. Now they have added the Roland Sound Canvas and R-Mix software to the available product. :geek:

Karim
Competition Winner

24 Mar 2017

Creativemind wrote:Beautiful looking vst's there by Roland.
And they sounds really good as they appear, I guarantee,although we boast the latest beast branded Blamsoft
.... which it is a bombshell! :thumbs_up:
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Creativemind

24 Mar 2017

I would love all these synthesizers vst's. I know the Roland SH-101 is nice (sounding) and the System 100 but the others on their look well nice graphically and I'm sure they sound equally as good.
Attachments
System-100.JPG
System-100.JPG (76.43 KiB) Viewed 2808 times
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Jonathan10

20 Apr 2017

I have the Roland system 1 plugout which comes with the vst. The System 1 would work so perfectly as a rack extension. Roland will not do because readon makes them split sales with them. Reason needs to rethink that model it will dissuade so many developers ultimately causing them to loose money because people get impatient with the platform.
:refill:

• Information