PreSonus Faderport

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Distue

21 Jan 2017

Dear Reason Community,

I am pretty new to Music Production, DAWs, and Reason. Please be nice ;)

After getting very enthusicastic about making music with Reason and upgrading my very humble hobby home studio, I was looking for a fader which is useful, low cost and requires little space on the desk, so I came across the PreSonus Faderport, which would have all the features I was looking for. Unfortunately, I decided to buy it thinking that it will be reasonable to set this controller up with Reason 9. I guess this was a fail, as I came across some posts where people are really getting frustrated and are struggeling.

Therefore I would like to ask you guys:
- Is there any chance the Faderport can work
- Do you know of a tutorial how to do that
- or should I sell this controller.

Thank you very much,
D~

Distue

22 Jan 2017

So apparently Faderport only supports HUI protocol which Reason does not, therefore incompatible .... this sucks.

Goriila Texas

22 Jan 2017

Yeah Im using my maschine studio to control transport and volume etc..very handy. Mackie control and mmc buttons are the only thing you can control in Reason.

fieldframe
RE Developer

22 Jan 2017

Presonus advertises the big 8-channel Faderport board as supporting the Mackie Control protocol, but yeah, they make no mention of MC on the single-channel version. A shame; I'd been thinking about getting one too.

artotaku

23 Jan 2017

There is no official Remote Codec available for this controller within Reason.

Also, it seems that there is no MIDI implementation documentation publically available by the manufacturer, but I guess it is standard MIDI CC/MMC compatible etc.

Of course, this can be found out by intercepting MIDI messages with a MIDI monitor tool such as MIDI OX.

You could also try if some of the control elements of the controller are recognized when you use the generic MIDI keyboard control Surface and Remote Overrides Mode in Reason. The generic MIDI keyboard control codec supports MIDI CCs 0 - 127 so if the FaderPort is MIDI compatible you´d get a minimal integration.

At the end it would require that you or someone else implements a remote codec or extends an existing codec (e. g. generic MIDI keyboard control codec) to get it running. Actually, this is the task of the manufacturer which supports - according to the manual - all sorts of DAWs but not Reason.

O1B

19 Oct 2017

https://www.presonus.com/products/FaderPort-16

Faders
16 100 mm long-throw, touch-sensitive, motorized faders
Dual-servo motorized drive belt system for fast and quiet operation
Ultra-smooth feel and lightning fast
Heavy-duty construction
Resolution: 10-bit, 1,024 steps

Buttons and Knobs,...
https://www.presonus.com/products/Fader ... tech-specs

• Information