Roland Rubix Series

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Thousand Ways

06 Jan 2017

I haven't yet seen any other reference to the Roland Rubix Series interfaces on ReasonTalk. Here's the link to the series on Roland's site:

https://www.roland.com/uk/search/?q=rub ... 0d3a216756

Rubix 22: 2 ins, 2 outs
Rubix 24: 2 ins, 4 outs
Rubix 44: no prizes for guessing that that has 4 ins, 4 outs

Presumably these will be compatible with Reason.

Ostermilk

06 Jan 2017

I've not seen any pricing on these yet.

I'm currently a Quad Capture (UA-55) user and these don't generate enough excitement for me to want to lose the digital SP/DIF I/O I already have and use a fair amount, so hopefully they are keenly priced in order to compete in this market sector which is already awash with good bargain priced units.

Class compliant on Mac and ASIO drivers on Windows they will be perfectly compatible with anything not just Reason.

HeavyViper

07 Jan 2018

I picked up a Rubix24 just before Christmas last year as a replacement for my Fast Track Duo, which was pretty busted. It was slightly more than a Scarlett MkII, so I figured "what the hell." So far it's seen some general low-latency use along with some guitar DI and vocal work, and I've yet to have it trip on anything. Though to be honest, it's just nice to have an interface that doesn't drop all output at random. :>

That said, it's having a bit of a rocky relationship with Reason. For the most part it's fine, but it is very sensitive to the DSP load. At lower buffer sizes, I get the crackles when the load is barely pushing 50%. Also, I can't adjust the buffer size within Reason's preferences; it needs to be adjusted via the Rubix's own ASIO control panel, which refers to a "USB Streaming Mode." Even worse, after changing this setting, Reason won't output any audio through the Rubix until I switch to another output device and swap back. Kinda bizarre!

As an aside, I use Reaper for more editing-heavy tasks, and that seems to play nice with the Rubix with no dramas. Buffer size/"streaming mode" still needs to be adjusted through the ASIO panel, though. Roland's driver does seem a bit quirky compared to other units on the market. Perhaps Reason is having a bit of trouble understanding its accent? :P
Sound Designer and Composer :reason: FM+PSG Chip Sorcerer
https://heavyviper.bandcamp.com

• Information