Novation SL MkII Automap Templates thread

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Catblack

12 Aug 2017

stp2015 wrote:
12 Aug 2017
I have written a little bit of code that automatically extends the automap control remotemap file with rack extensions. Happy to run it for you if you send me a zip with the remote info txt files of the rack extensions you want to control.
Does it enumerate the remotables in the remotemap? I'm curious as to how you are doing it.

I've just put up a github with the Remote Infos I've collected. Would you consider running your script on a large batch and adding to the repo there?
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7501348&p=346587#p346587
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

stp2015

12 Aug 2017

Yes, it does enumerate them. So you still have to arrange everything in a way you like it in Automap.

All remotables with less than 10 values get assigned to the Buttons, and all remotables with at least 10 values get assigned to the Pots. It is just a loop over all lines in the info text file.

I also extract the name of the device and the scope of course.

The easiest thing would be for you to send me a zip file as a PM on here with all the txt remote info files. I can then run the batch for you.

Catblack

27 Oct 2017

djsmex wrote:
04 Aug 2017
Hi, I've got a remotemap file for the automap & reason 9.5 with 430 REs at http://www.reasonremoter.uk but my question is how do you get automap to work with REs like Blamsoft Zero what has over 700 pot controls? I thought of using remotemap groups and setting the device name based on different sections of the RE but wondered if there is a better way.
I'm getting an error in the Automap remotemap:

Code: Select all

Failed to load control surface: Novation, Automap Control.
Map File Errors:
Line  12315: Remotable item name not 7 bit ASCII.
Seems like Reason 10 (or the Remotemap optimization in the last 9.5.2 update) doesn't like accented characters.

Code: Select all

Map	Device Name		"Déjà Vu Delay Station"
Going to file a bug report with Propellerhead, but you should probably update the remotemap on your site.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

djsmex

16 Nov 2017

thanks, the automap map has now been updated and now includes reason 10 devices, players & 442 REs, on www.reasonremoter.uk for free.

miscend

17 Aug 2018

Thanks for this thread, plenty of good info!

• Information