AES Los Angeles 2016

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
pjeudy

30 Sep 2016

D16 and Slate Digital offer you 23 delays in Repeater
Introducing
D16 Repeater Delay
Repeater is a dual delay powerhouse that features 23 unique authentically modeled delay units ranging from classic oil cans and plates to the most famous vintage digital designs.
And of course, it’s available along with dozens of other pro plugins in the Slate Digital Everything Bundle, which starts at only $14.99 Check out the Everything Bundle at slatedigital.com and also check out our friends D16 at d16.pl.

http://slatedigital.com/d16-repeater-delay/#overview
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

pjeudy

30 Sep 2016

Introducing Neutron - Coming in October

Earlier this month we released Neutrino, a free plug-in, that offered a glimpse into industry-first iZotope mixing technology. This October we’ll be revealing the entire story with the introduction of Neutron, a revolutionary new mixing plug-in that combines the latest innovations in analysis and metering with award-winning audio processing. We can’t wait to release Neutron but for now get a sneak preview by watching the video.

Tune in October 6th at 7PM EDT for the live webinar

You can also sign up for a special webinar on October 6th at 7PM EDT, hosted by iZotope’s own Jonathan Wyner and Matthew Hines, Neutron’s Product Manager. They’ll give you an in-depth look at Neutron and we’ll also be answering questions live.

P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

pjeudy

30 Sep 2016

Solid State Logic Nucleus² Next Generation DAW Controller, Audio Interface & Studio Monitoring Box

https://macprovid.vo.llnwd.net/o43/hub/ ... erhead.jpg

CLICK FOR LAGER IMAGE ---> https://macprovid.vo.llnwd.net/o43/hub/ ... erhead.jpg

At AES LA 2016 (Booth# 221) Solid State Logic is proud to announce the introduction of Nucleus², a new version of SSL’s hugely successful professional DAW controller, audio interface and studio monitoring hub.
Since release in 2010 Nucleus has been hugely successful and won TEC, Sound on Sound and MIPA awards. It is recognised as a unique proposition for professional in-the-box producers who require outstanding multi-DAW control, SSL console grade mic pre’s, DAW I/O and studio monitoring. Nucleus2 responds to customer requests with the addition of talkback, main/mini monitor switching, a change to Dante connectivity and a new cool white look.

Few other control surfaces feel as good under the fingers as the original Nucleus, and five years down the line SSL felt it was time to add some features that customers have requested to make Nucleus² an even better fit for the professional in-the-box studio. A key addition is a Talkback input with adjustable gain that feeds the headphone output. A large TALK button is added near the transport controls and the talk circuit can trigger a switchable -20dB DIM in the monitor outputs if desired. Another popular request was the addition of a second set of speaker outputs and a ‘MINI’ monitor button in the centre section for comparing mixes on different systems.
The USB soundcard in Nucleus has been replaced with a new SSL Dante ‘Network I/O’ audio interface. Dante is a professional audio networking technology that uses standard Ethernet to connect devices to computers. In a personal studio where direct connectivity to a DAW computer is required, Dante is a simple ‘single Ethernet cable’ alternative to Thunderbolt or USB, with latency of only 4ms when used with the supplied Dante Virtual Soundcard software running on your DAW computer. In a larger multi-space facility Dante is a state of the art audio over IP audio networking technology that facilitates low latency audio sharing between multiple computers. Dante enables users to combine audio devices from a wide range of audio manufacturers on a network and share audio between them.

Nucleus² retains all of the good things from the original Nucleus; high-quality motorised faders, metal chassis, big weighty jog wheel, heavy duty transport buttons, control of three DAWs simultaneously, and that assembled-with-love-in-the-UK glow. Nucleus² is a complete solution for the professional in the box producer – someone whose world is centred around multiple projects, recall, fast workflow, and creative inspiration. It has all the tools needed to turn your computer into a hands-on mixing machine, without letting technology get in the way of ideas. Simply add a laptop for a fully mobile SSL rig.

CLICK FOR LARGER REAR IMAGE ---> https://macprovid.vo.llnwd.net/o43/hub/ ... _back2.jpg

pjeudy

30 Sep 2016

pjeudy

30 Sep 2016

The FG-Stress is an official recreation of the Empirical Labs Distressor. It's in its last stages of development and is coming soon to Slate Digital!

The Distressor is one of the most iconic studio compressors in the pro audio business. When it was first introduced in the 90’s, it was one of the most innovative concepts the industry had ever seen. It could sound like so many other classic compressors, but at the same time, it was also unique with it’s own musical character. You cannot go into a professional recording studio without seeing a Distressor sitting in the racks. And because of this incredible prestige, the Distressor has also been one of Slate Digital’s most customer requested plugin emulations.

The Slate Digital DSP team, led by our cofounder Fabrice Gabriel, worked hard to ensure that every single detail of the hardware was perfectly recreated, from the subtle harmonic tones to the precise timing characteristics, and even it’s special modes like the Opto mode and Nuke mode.

The FG-Stress, like its hardware counterpart, is capable of an extremely wide variety of tones that will work on all kinds of material. You can get this wonderful processor along with thousands of dollars worth of other great pro audio plugins in the Slate Digital Everything Bundle starting at only $14.99, or buy it in the Slate Digital Webshop. So don’t stress about plugin compression, and happy mixing.

COMING SOON to the Everything Bundle

Learn More At:
http://www.slatedigital.com

Slate VerbSuite Classics - Not Just A Reverb, Every Reverb!

pjeudy

01 Oct 2016

Classic Color
In our quest to capture unique tones and colors from the world of hardware, we dug deep into the Soundtoys gear museum and found a little known gem: the Siemens W295b. It impressed us so much that it became the the inspiration for our first EQ. Sie-Q faithfully captures the hardware’s smooth curves, airy highs and ease of use, allowing you to get the tone you want fast, without a lot of hassle.

Of course, in classic Soundtoys tradition, we’ve also carefully modeled its saturation character so you can hit it hard and get the real analog vibe of the hardware. The magic of this classic piece is now in your hands, and in your mix.

Great Highs
The stand out feature of Sie-Q, like the original, is its amazing high end. It adds space and air, and feels perfect on any track, no matter how much you boost. Turn up the High knob to breathe life into vocals, or pull it back on bright acoustic guitars and cymbals to create a silky sheen. Sie-Q is also a fantastic addition to your master bus–just a touch of the High band can add life and openness. , Is your mix sounding a little too digital? Combining Sie-Q and Decapitator in the Soundtoys Effect Rack is the perfect remedy.

EQ with IQ
Like the original, Sie-Q is an EQ that’s hard to make sound bad. One of the things we love so much about the W295b is that even though it’s over half a century old, the design is as intelligent today as it was back in the 60s. When you use it, it just feels like all the hard work has been done for you.

Designed for broadcast, its frequencies and curves were carefully chosen to keep things sounding good no matter what. And this clever design translates perfectly to tracking and mixing records, too. From full mixes, to sub mixes, to vocals and guitars, to drums and percussion this EQ helps you find the sweetness with no hassle.

Facts
Get airy top end with the super-smooth High band

Accentuate or tame mid-range details with the switched Mid band

Carve out some space or add rich bass with the Low band

Push the Drive control to recreate the color of the original EQ

pjeudy

01 Oct 2016

The announcements are coming thick and fast from AES this year. Waves is the latest brand to announce a new product. The Waves Abbey Road Vinyl plugin is designed to give your music the vintage warmth of vinyl records played on classic turntables and needles: a precise model of Abbey Road Studios’ vinyl cutting and mastering gear.

Love Your Vinyl?
There are few things in music that capture the emotion of diehard fans more than vinyl. The retro feel of a record, combined with the analog warmth of its sound, makes vinyl a beautiful nostalgic statement. Designed in collaboration with Abbey Road Studios, this plugin faithfully captures every stage of the vinyl production and playback process: you can choose between the sound of a pure acetate (lacquer) cut or the print master vinyl pressing from the factory; play the records on two distinct turntable types with a choice of three classic cartridges; and even add the TG12410 mastering console on the path into the vinyl lathe.

For added authenticity and creativity, Abbey Road Vinyl even lets you move the location of the tone arm across the record, changing the frequency response and distortion like in the real world. You can also add vinyl noise and crackle, apply a gradual slow-down/stop turntable effect, and add wow and flutter effects for extra analog warmth.

Waves Abbey Road Vinyl Features
Add authentic vintage vinyl sound to your tracks
Precise model of the classic vinyl mastering gear at Abbey Road Studios
Choose between a pure acetate cut or the print master pressing from the factory, played back on different turntables and needles
Add noise and crackle
Control tone arm location for variable frequency response/distortion
Add wow and flutter
Control and shape phase distortion
Apply slow-down/stop turntable mechanism
Last edited by pjeudy on 03 Oct 2016, edited 2 times in total.

pjeudy

01 Oct 2016

Whether you are mixing live at the venue or working on a live recording in the studio, Waves Primary Source Expander will help you raise the levels of vocal and instrument mics without creating feedback, without amplifying extraneous background noise – and without losing the natural ambience of your location.

At the heart of this plugin is a precision expander, tailored especially for melodic sources such as vocals, guitars, strings, brass, woodwinds and more. PSE works like a fader that smoothly attenuates the channel’s level when the source goes below a certain threshold. You determine both the threshold and the amount of attenuation.

With just a few simple controls, PSE is a highly effective tool that you can, for the most part, set and forget, ensuring that you mics are as loud and noise-free as they can be.

Waves Primary Source Expander features

Reduces feedback and stage or background noise.
Smoothly attenuates levels when source drops below user-defined threshold.
User-friendly GUI for quick operation – set and forget.
Internal and external sidechain with HP/LP filters.
Ability to control release time.
Availability and pricing TBA.

More information: Waves Audio

pjeudy

01 Oct 2016

pjeudy

01 Oct 2016

pjeudy

03 Oct 2016

OCTOBER 3 2016 Finally a video :
Waves Abbey Road Vinyl plugin - Gearslutz @ AES 2016

JerrelTheKing

06 Oct 2016

That Izotope Neutron really might be a game changer for the industry. I'm about to trial it.. Slate and Sound Toys always put out fantastic plugs..

• Information