Lexicon Alpha and Reason

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Taff

29 Sep 2016

I'm cutting and pasting bits of this from another thread.

Reason doesn't recognise my Lexicon Alpha for some strange reason?

Could this be why?
WINDOWS 10 OPERATING SYSTEM NOTIFICATION
The correct operation of the full, public release of Windows 10 is not yet verified by our development and test departments. As a result, support for Windows 10 is not currently offered for Lexicon digital hardware, software applications, or third-party proprietary software used with our products. We cannot confirm a date for providing support for Windows 10, but note that full software testing and verification is underway.

To keep your system working normally with the affected products, Lexicon strongly recommends waiting before upgrading your operating system to Windows 10 until full software testing and verification has been completed.
Though this was happening before I upgraded to Win 10 I'm sure.

Here's a screen shot;

Can anyone offer any help or advice?

Taff

30 Sep 2016

Is it worth asking the Props direct?

soroc sosta

01 Oct 2016

Damn that sux, man!

Alpha works perfect on 7 ... perhaps Lexicon has a new driver to accommodate Win10...

Sedan Love

01 Oct 2016

Is there any way to install the driver (if you haven't already done so) and then use Win 10's option to use the compatibility mode to Win 7 or earlier?
Right click the program/shortcut and scroll down to Properties then Compatibility?
May not work but just a thought.
I have Reason 7 / Win 10 and an Alpha that I stopped using because for some reason it somehow emits a buzzing sound (every minute or two) to my speakers. I will try sometime over the weekend to set it up and see if Reason recognizes it. I still have the installation disc. May be a couple of days before I can get back to you - the missus has work for me this weekend :)

Taff

01 Oct 2016

Many thanks to both CrunkNationEnt and Sedan Love, I'll try your suggestion Sedan Love.

Sedan Love

02 Oct 2016

Sorry Taff- I just tried with my Alpha and I get an error message stating that the audio driver has stopped working. Must be Win 10 then.
I found the driver location but could not use the compatibility mode.

Taff

03 Oct 2016

Cheers mate

I can run it using the generic ASIO4ALL driver, so all good.

• Information