Anyone selling their ValhallaDSP Reverbs?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
K1TTENM1TTEN

23 Sep 2016

I am looking to buy the ValhallaDSP Reverbs (any or all of them really, they all sound great to me). I was wondering if anyone here was in the market to selling them to me?

zabukowski

23 Sep 2016

I can sell you Valhalla Room for $40 (i have many reverbs here, some of them must go :)

Tumble

24 Sep 2016

In case you didn't know - you'll receive SpaceModular if you buy a new license. It's a very nice little effect plugin.

K1TTENM1TTEN

24 Sep 2016

I didn't know about Space Modular. Does it matter which one I buy? Zabu, I'll message you about the Valhalla Room

K1TTENM1TTEN

25 Sep 2016

zabukowski wrote:I can sell you Valhalla Room for $40 (i have many reverbs here, some of them must go :)
PM sent :-)

K1TTENM1TTEN

26 Sep 2016

If anyone else has one they would like to sell, please let me know. I have money in hand for it! :-)

K1TTENM1TTEN

28 Sep 2016

Bump bump bumperoo. My transaction for Room was flawless with zabukowski :-)

Gulale

28 Sep 2016

just you know, las time pjudey has posted eventide room reverb to get it for free, so I advice you to do that. It is a very good reverb. it doesn't muddy up the whole spectrum and easy to dial any room tone. You know you need ilok though.
Gulale aka Bereket

K1TTENM1TTEN

28 Sep 2016

Gulale wrote:just you know, las time pjudey has posted eventide room reverb to get it for free, so I advice you to do that. It is a very good reverb. it doesn't muddy up the whole spectrum and easy to dial any room tone. You know you need ilok though.
Thanks for the heads up! I actually have Eventide's Studio Room 2016 plug-in (which may be what you are referring to), but honestly I am not a big fan of it. I have really come to love the way that Valhalla's reverbs sit in my mix, and it is just time for me to convert my trials into paid versions. Some people like the Valhalla stuff, while others find that they are there "too much" and more like an "effect" that doesn't sit well in a mix compared to a true room/plate emulation.

I definitely appreciate ya bringing that up though! And again, if anyone has a Valhalla reverb they would like to sell, I am certainly down to buy it. I can even throw in SoundToy's DevilLoc in the deal if need be. :-)

chk071

29 Sep 2016

Irrelevant to you, but, for me, the Valhalla verbs are a bit overhyped. I owned both Vintage Verb, and Room (actually still own Room), and both are pretty special in my eyes. Vintage Verb is very coloured, up to a point, where i had a hard time making it work for my sounds, because it was just too much, especially as i didn't even like the "colour", while Room obviously is extremely clean, up to a point where i'm wondering if it's not a bit too sterile, and clinical. Not directed at you, but, for someone who doesn't know the Valhalla verbs, and might be influenced by the hype around them, i can only recommend to demo them, thoroughly. They might work for you, but maybe they might not do anything for you too.

Personally, i MUCH prefer the Eventide reverbs. Both Ultra Reverb, and, especially, Blackhole really work for almost every sound i throw at them. In fact, i'm really in love with those reverbs. I only briefly tried Eventide Studio Room, but, if the algorithms in that one are similar to Ultra Reverb, then it should be a winner too. Reverbs for me are a very special, personal thing, kind of as special as synthesizers too, and if something doesn't work for you, then you will probably be very disapointed, so i only can recommend to demo thoroughly. In my experience, with the controls on a reverb plugin, you can only do what's possible within the limtations of sound, and character of the reverb of the plugin really, so it should sort of sound good out-of-the-box to you, or you have a problem.
:reason: :rebirth:

K1TTENM1TTEN

29 Sep 2016

Thanks for that chk071! To any ValhallaDSP owners out there, I will gladly buy your over-hyped ValhallaDSP reverb! :lol:

chk071

29 Sep 2016

:D

Just my opinion of course. Absolutely fair enough, if others opinions are quite the opposite of what i just stated. Actually i thought about selling you Valhalla Room, because i really hardly use it, and, for the clean stuff, i already have other stuff (TAL-Reverb-4 and TB-Reverb) which cover that area pretty well. How much would you want to spend on it?

Edit: Ah, shoot, just read the whole thread again, and saw that you already acquired it. Nevermind then. :)

K1TTENM1TTEN

29 Sep 2016

chk071 wrote::D

Just my opinion of course. Absolutely fair enough, if others opinions are quite the opposite of what i just stated. Actually i thought about selling you Valhalla Room, because i really hardly use it, and, for the clean stuff, i already have other stuff (TAL-Reverb-4 and TB-Reverb) which cover that area pretty well. How much would you want to spend on it?

Edit: Ah, shoot, just read the whole thread again, and saw that you already acquired it. Nevermind then. :)
Haha, well if you still had VintageVerb I would totally pick that up from ya, but from the sounds of it you already sold it :-)

chk071

29 Sep 2016

Would do, but it's gone unfortunately...

• Information