Mackie MR6 MK3 - Wow moment!

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
evolve187

12 Sep 2016

Hey I just wanted to share my thoughts on a new set of monitors I just picket up on the weekend - Mackie MR6 MK3.

For the last 15 years I've been using my trusty passive Tannoy - Reveal monitors, which I've always loved but WOW :shock: when I set up the new Mackie's I was amazed at the difference. The clarity was shockingly better. Better stereo imaging. Lower bass response yet nice and flat overall.

Had I been missing this sound for so long?!?... I guess I have. I could always hear a bit more in my headphones but thought that is what I should expect. I wonder if my Tannoys have worn out that much or if its the improved technology that makes the Mackies seem like I'm taking ear muffs off. (well not that drastic but you get the idea)

They are independently Bi-amplified with bass and treble adjustment switches. XLR, TRS and RCA connections.

Anyhow If you are in the market for new monitors, Check'em out!

I highly recommend them.
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

https://soundcloud.com/terry-wilson-music

O1B

13 Sep 2016

"Tannoys have worn out"…? Worn in is usually a Very God Thing..

Nice Price n Reviews on the MK5s. Pretty light though… At 12 lbs, maybe iso-brace them.
Versatile connectors …
Thanks for the heads up. I use a Bose SoundDock for a 2nd opinion but the Mk5s adds stereo imaging.

evolve187

14 Sep 2016

O1B wrote:"Tannoys have worn out"…? Worn in is usually a Very God Thing..

Nice Price n Reviews on the MK5s. Pretty light though… At 12 lbs, maybe iso-brace them.
Versatile connectors …
Thanks for the heads up. I use a Bose SoundDock for a 2nd opinion but the Mk5s adds stereo imaging.
Ya I hear what you are saying. there is always a break in period for new speakers. 30ish hours from what I've read. But I think there is a point in a speakers life when quality begins to degrade. the speakers lose their crispness if you will.

I wish I had a fresh pair of the same Tannoys to compare to my old ones...that'd be the only way to tell if there is degradation I think.

And the speakers are actually 16 lbs...maybe you were looking at the MK5's instead of the MK6 ;)
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

https://soundcloud.com/terry-wilson-music

• Information