Had to reinstall! Need help!

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
nathanbaldwin

10 Sep 2016

Long story short... after 1.5 hr phone session w an Apple Genius, we decided I need to create a new user on my mac and move all my files there to fix an issue within the user I've been on. 2nd, I needed to reinstall El Cap in order to fix a system wide issue I was having.

SO I did it without thinking about Reason, so I didn't know to deauthorize Reason from my computer first. (I'm running it with offline authorization and without an ignition key). SO, as I'm trying to get everything back in order... Reason is asking me to authorize the computer again, but it thinks it's on a different computer and it's asking me to go back and deauthorize the "other" computer first - which I obviously can't.

WHAT DO I DO?!

The worst part is, I'm the middle of a project for a client and I'm dead in the water until I get Reason running again!

Thanks for your help!

Olivier

10 Sep 2016

Have you tried running with internet verification or is it an offline computer ?
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

pushedbutton

10 Sep 2016

You'll have to use online authorisation until it's resolved.
Send an email to support and they should probably resolve it during european office hours.
If you're totally stuck try setting up a wifi tether to share your smartphones internet connectivity.
If your mac doesn't have wifi you can buy usb dongles that you can put a sim card in.
Or get a really long ethernet cable.
In short, you need to get online.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

nathanbaldwin

10 Sep 2016

Thanks for the quick response guys! I hadn't tried internet verification yet because I didn't want to accidentally screw myself any further before getting advice.

I'll try Internet Verification now and let you guys know what happens...

Boom! That worked! Thanks guys!

pushedbutton

10 Sep 2016

Glad it worked, don't be a stranger. This place is full of helpful people. :)
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

• Information