Best news ever

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Gulale

31 Aug 2016

I just found it from Harrison forum

https://www.patreon.com/airwindows

Gulale aka Bereket

jonheal

31 Aug 2016

What a great guy!!!
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

tiker01

31 Aug 2016

We should let him know about Re.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Gulale

31 Aug 2016

jonheal wrote:What a great guy!!!
I know. I said what! check out this plugin which is already out.
Gulale aka Bereket

Gulale

31 Aug 2016

tiker01 wrote:We should let him know about Re.
Nah even if it is possible, PH don't allow that. If something is good and valuable, they need a cut. By any means make money out of it.
Gulale aka Bereket

selig
RE Developer

31 Aug 2016

Gulale wrote:
tiker01 wrote:We should let him know about Re.
Nah even if it is possible, PH don't allow that. If something is good and valuable, they need a cut. By any means make money out of it.
Thank God for this approach!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

joeyluck

31 Aug 2016

Maybe I've completely missed the point...? I'm not sure I get the whole 'looking out for the poor hobbyist musician; protect them from the blood-sucking developers' angle... Developers are people too! ;) I know more awful musicians/recording artists that crack software than I know dishonest or crappy developers. So, musicians can suck it up. That said, I'd much rather support an initiative that supports hard working developers.

kuhliloach

31 Aug 2016

Oh goodie! Wait, but, I don't use VST's. And I don't need any more plug-ins! Still, I like that guy.

*heads back into RE shop.

Gulale

01 Sep 2016

joeyluck wrote:Maybe I've completely missed the point...? I'm not sure I get the whole 'looking out for the poor hobbyist musician; protect them from the blood-sucking developers' angle... Developers are people too! ;) I know more awful musicians/recording artists that crack software than I know dishonest or crappy developers. So, musicians can suck it up. That said, I'd much rather support an initiative that supports hard working developers.
No you have not missed the point joeyluck. However, from my understanding it is not about hating developers. But developers are abusing their authority or knowledge for the sake of money. You will ask them to add one feature they will take forever to come up when they do they will ask you unforgiving price just because you don't have option or you like their product. They make you suffer for liking their product rather than support each other and go hand in hand. If that doesn't work they put astronomical price tag. And the aim is not to sell it the aim is to sell it when it is on sale still with a much lucrative profit. Expensive in the first place! still expensive on sale. Expensive for the majority of the people. So I support him for what he stands and also I support for those who ask fair amount of cash for their product.

I have no hate against those who sell plugins but the painful journey that I go with them is irritating. You buy their product and keep asking for improvement which will never come. You will be treated like a fool for being a user.

Bless Man
Gulale aka Bereket

selig
RE Developer

06 Sep 2016

Gulale wrote:
joeyluck wrote:Maybe I've completely missed the point...? I'm not sure I get the whole 'looking out for the poor hobbyist musician; protect them from the blood-sucking developers' angle... Developers are people too! ;) I know more awful musicians/recording artists that crack software than I know dishonest or crappy developers. So, musicians can suck it up. That said, I'd much rather support an initiative that supports hard working developers.
No you have not missed the point joeyluck. However, from my understanding it is not about hating developers. But developers are abusing their authority or knowledge for the sake of money. You will ask them to add one feature they will take forever to come up when they do they will ask you unforgiving price just because you don't have option or you like their product. They make you suffer for liking their product rather than support each other and go hand in hand. If that doesn't work they put astronomical price tag. And the aim is not to sell it the aim is to sell it when it is on sale still with a much lucrative profit. Expensive in the first place! still expensive on sale. Expensive for the majority of the people. So I support him for what he stands and also I support for those who ask fair amount of cash for their product.

I have no hate against those who sell plugins but the painful journey that I go with them is irritating. You buy their product and keep asking for improvement which will never come. You will be treated like a fool for being a user.

Bless Man
I can understand your points, but there's the other side too. Being a developer can suck too. It's expensive, a time sink, little reward for your work but lots of complaints! As soon as you're finished, folks always ask for more features (imaging releasing a record and getting all these feature suggestions for the next "version"). No matter where you price your product, according to someone it's too expensive. Put it on sale and someone will complain they just purchased it a full price. Don't put it on sale and you're being an unresponsive jerk.

But I will say that for a vast majority, if not all of us…
We do not price things to punish our customers. We do not ask you to suffer for our products. We are not abusing our power (what power?) for the sake of money. We do not sit around and listen to suggestions only to laugh and dismiss them out of hand. We do not treat our customers as "fools".

Also remember - there is no "fair" price that everyone can agree on. For every action/decision we developers make, there are those who support it and those who reject it. The goal is to hit the target in the middle where you will have the MOST happy customers. Sadly there will always be unhappy customers, even if your product is free!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

FlowerSoldier

07 Sep 2016

Godamn - this is a Good Man. Unfortunately, I'm afraid he may have an over-inflated opinion of humanity. Deep down I don't believe he will hit his goal if only for the fact that people place more value on things they have to pay for. For example, what if Reason depended on the goodness of Patreon patrons...we'd all still be stuck in Reason 5.0. I think this is a man who knows how to do the right thing, but hasn't realized how self serving the average person is. The Avicci tutorial video where he's using a warez version of Sylenth springs to mind.

Hope I'm wrong because I really admire what he is trying to do.

I think Radiohead tried something like this once...that's why they never repeated the experiment.

Gulale

13 Sep 2016

He gave another new plugin

http://www.airwindows.com
Gulale aka Bereket

• Information