Add Ableton Push 2 or invest in more Rack Extensions??

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
James Bermingham

31 Aug 2016

I'm with Reason since Rebirth and love the software. Many years a keyboard player with vast musical experience so Reason is always a firm favourite with me.
However I've been watching a lot of Push2 video tutorials and it's looking very appealing and I feel like I'm gravitating towards a purchase. However I'm hoping it won't end up being a novelty and end up selling it 6 months down the line.

So the question is should I gamble and take the plunge and Buy Push2 or invest RE's??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marco Raaphorst

31 Aug 2016

I can not compare both. Push2 is a controller and RE is a plugin format.

jonheal

31 Aug 2016

You'll likely need additional software to take more full advantage of Push 2 in Reason. And even then, it's still probably a bit of a kluge.

If you also have Ableton Live, however ... :puf_smile:
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

Gorgon

01 Sep 2016

James Bermingham wrote:I'm with Reason since Rebirth and love the software. Many years a keyboard player with vast musical experience so Reason is always a firm favourite with me.
However I've been watching a lot of Push2 video tutorials and it's looking very appealing and I feel like I'm gravitating towards a purchase. However I'm hoping it won't end up being a novelty and end up selling it 6 months down the line.

So the question is should I gamble and take the plunge and Buy Push2 or invest RE's??
The Ableton Push is a piece of hardware that integrates very well with the Ableton sequencer. So if you want to learn how to use it and quickly get stuff done using Ableton, it's worth looking into. RE's are (usually) sound generators that can only be used in Reason.

So I guess you first have to decide what you actually want to accomplish and which platform you want to do that on.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

• Information