Selling a Propellerhead Balance

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
squint

25 Aug 2016

Not sure if this is against the rules or not, but I'm selling a Props Balance here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/252512785167?

Assuming this is pretty rare now?

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

25 Aug 2016

squint wrote: Props Balance

Not as rare as finding a system it ever actually worked on ;)

kuhliloach

25 Aug 2016

It might be discontinued but its a great little interface! I've just plugged it in and had it work on a few different systems due to it being Class Compliant, so I didn't need to install special drivers. On Windows I did install the driver package with ASIO. Nice build and the pre-amps are just fine! Good luck with the sale.

Gorgon

26 Aug 2016

JiggeryPokery wrote:

Never had any problems with mine.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

30 Aug 2016

Gorgon wrote:
JiggeryPokery wrote:

Never had any problems with mine.
Joking aside, AFAIK, it was fine on Intel machines of the era.

The product however clearly had very limited testing as it was apparent from a previous thread (here or on PUF, I can't recall now) that it didn't work properly on AMD-based motherboards. Pretty much no effort was made after launch to ensure compatibility with AMD systems. From my own experience it didn't work on two different AMD laptops (an old Athlon and my current Turion). I understood from others that in more recent times it struggled on USB3 ports even on Intel machines, and since new laptops these days pretty much only have one or two USB3 ports, getting a Balance is a risky purchase. Balance was really just form over function. Beautifully designed, yes, but truly terrible post-release support.

Would be curious to know your setup ;)

Gorgon

30 Aug 2016

JiggeryPokery wrote: Joking aside, AFAIK, it was fine on Intel machines of the era.

*snip*

Would be curious to know your setup ;)
That might explain it. I avoid AMD like an STD. Not sure if I tested it on a USB 3 port yet, but I will and I will let you know.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

pushedbutton

30 Aug 2016

JiggeryPokery wrote:

What are you implying?
All I have to do to get mine working is power cycle it every time I boot up...unless I want to record something, then I've got to hit the phantom buttons a few dozen times and it's back in business, but other than that it's flawless. It's not at all picky about using usb3 ports, provided you plug it in fast enough and the 'L' shaped design makes it great for losing small objects under for weeks at a time. I'm entirely happy with my balance unit and I can't understand why anyone would want to sell one.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

• Information