Remotemap for Behringer BCR2000

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
dallasknight

26 Feb 2017

I can't view the link of supported RE's unfortunately

Are any of Lectric Panda's RE's supported? primarily the PSQ1684?

electrofux

07 Mar 2017

Can we actually find the codec file in the Reason Installation somewhere?

Catblack

07 Mar 2017

electrofux wrote:Can we actually find the codec file in the Reason Installation somewhere?
This thread is about a replacement remotemap. The codec itself is (on windows) in the install directory with the Reason program as one of the old legacy encrypted codecs.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

electrofux

07 Mar 2017

Catblack wrote:
electrofux wrote:Can we actually find the codec file in the Reason Installation somewhere?
This thread is about a replacement remotemap. The codec itself is (on windows) in the install directory with the Reason program as one of the old legacy encrypted codecs.
There you go, found it, thx. But looks like it is encrypted :/

Catblack

07 Mar 2017

electrofux wrote:
Catblack wrote:
There you go, found it, thx. But looks like it is encrypted :/
That's what makes this Remotemap so amazing to me; that Oenkenstein has managed to extend the default one as far as he has.

I suppose one could decode the sysex that the encrypted codec sends the device. There's a yahoo group for the bcr2000 which has an amazing amount of reverse engineered documentation on it. But this works pretty well -- which is why I'm working on getting the rest of the devices into it.

Damn.

dallasknight

15 May 2017

Hello

Thanks for you for sharing the remote map

The file does not exist anymore in the link

Is is possible to reupload?

I would be very grateful

Thankyou

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

15 May 2017

dallasknight wrote:Hello

I would be very grateful

Thankyou
In the first post in this thread, I have changed the links to the list of supported Rack Extensions and the link to the .zip file, which contains the BCR2000.remotemap.
Or: Download .zip file: http://www.oenkenstein.nl/uploadmap/BCR2000.zip
Last edited by Oenkenstein on 14 Aug 2017, edited 1 time in total.

dallasknight

16 May 2017

Oenkenstein wrote:
dallasknight wrote:Hello

I would be very grateful

Thankyou
In the first post in this thread, I have changed the links to the list of supported Rack Extensions and the link to the .zip file, which contains the BCR2000.remotemap.
Or: Download .zip file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bcj54vh23nwys ... 0.zip?dl=0

You might get a message from the Dropbox website that 'this .zip file can not be previewed', but after a few seconds a 'Download' button will appear.
That's great, thanks so much for this!

theshoemaker

18 May 2017

On MacOS you can use the User directory, which is "~/Library/" ... same as given in the first post, for user generated content.
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

Innerst

03 Aug 2017

The Legend from Synapse is not remote mapping on my system. It used to work back in June but when arriving back from holidays it no longer maps to the BCR.

I know the .remotemap is in effect because my Orbis synth works OK. All the stock devices also seem to work fine.

Can anyone check if their Legend is correctly remote mapping to the BCR2000?

artotaku

03 Aug 2017

First check the manufacturer name in the remotemap file. Depending on your version of Legend it should either be
"Synapse Audio" or "Synapse Audio Software". I was under the impression that they changed the name at a certain version of the RE.

so

Code: Select all

Scope	Synapse Audio	com.synapseAudioSoftware.Legend
or

Code: Select all

Scope	Synapse Audio Software	com.synapseAudioSoftware.Legend
Now, with Reason 9.5 you can easily see which manufacturer name is used by a RE by exporting the Remotable Items with "Export Device Remote Info"

Innerst

03 Aug 2017

Thank you artotaku, my dear Legend is alive again :D

djsmex

04 Aug 2017

Hi, this is great work and I'll like to invite you to share it on my new www.reasonremoter.uk site. My aim is to get remote authors and reason users together to share great midi control maps. It's all free, many thanks

Catblack

05 Aug 2017

djsmex wrote:
04 Aug 2017
Hi, this is great work and I'll like to invite you to share it on my new www.reasonremoter.uk site. My aim is to get remote authors and reason users together to share great midi control maps. It's all free, many thanks
Could not download from your site. Getting a forbidden error.

Damn.

ReasonUser

09 Aug 2017

Oenkenstein wrote:
15 May 2017

Or: Download .zip file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bcj54vh23nwys ... 0.zip?dl=0

You might get a message from the Dropbox website that 'this .zip file can not be previewed', but after a few seconds a 'Download' button will appear.
Oenkenstein - I've yet to buy the bcr2000, but it's next on my list. Is your SSL map similar to the one mentioned in this blog?
http://www.jaexx.com/blog/reason-using- ... nel-strip/
Also, that bcr2000_front.jpg image where you showed the functionality has since disappeared. Do you still have that?

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

09 Aug 2017

ReasonUser wrote:
09 Aug 2017
Oenkenstein wrote:
15 May 2017

Or: Download .zip file: http://www.oenkenstein.nl/uploadmap/BCR2000.zip
Oenkenstein - I've yet to buy the bcr2000, but it's next on my list. Is your SSL map similar to the one mentioned in this blog?
http://www.jaexx.com/blog/reason-using- ... nel-strip/
Also, that bcr2000_front.jpg image where you showed the functionality has since disappeared. Do you still have that?
The BCR2000 remote map does not contain the mapping as described in the great article on jaexx.com. It uses the default mapping done by the Props. I have reposted the missing picture as requested in the original post on page 1 of this thread. It got lost due to server changes at Dropbox.
Last edited by Oenkenstein on 14 Aug 2017, edited 1 time in total.

ReasonUser

10 Aug 2017

Oenkenstein wrote:
09 Aug 2017

The BCR2000 remote map does not contain the mapping as described in the great article on jaexx.com. It uses the default mapping done by the Props. I have reposted the missing picture as requested in the original post on page 1 of this thread. It got lost due to server changes at Dropbox.
Wow - Any reason why someone wouldn't add MJ's SSL layout to your remote map? I guess you lose the transport controls, and the patch +/- buttons, but you gain complete control of the SSL for each channel.

Will all of your remote maps still work as intended if I added MJ's SSL functionality in?

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

11 Aug 2017

His mapping is not implemented, because the BCR2000 remote map is made to support solely Rack Extensions.

I have not tested whether my remote map is still working when MJ's SSL mixer layout is implemented, but think it would not corrupt anything. It is a bit cumbersome process, but you can make two remote maps for the BCR2000 and swap them prior starting Reason, just to be sure.
ReasonUser wrote:
10 Aug 2017
Oenkenstein wrote:
09 Aug 2017

Wow - Any reason why someone wouldn't add MJ's SSL layout to your remote map? I guess you lose the transport controls, and the patch +/- buttons, but you gain complete control of the SSL for each channel.

Will all of your remote maps still work as intended if I added MJ's SSL functionality in?

ReasonUser

12 Aug 2017

Oenkenstein wrote:
11 Aug 2017
His mapping is not implemented, because the BCR2000 remote map is made to support solely Rack Extensions.

I have not tested whether my remote map is still working when MJ's SSL mixer layout is implemented, but think it would not corrupt anything. It is a bit cumbersome process, but you can make two remote maps for the BCR2000 and swap them prior starting Reason, just to be sure.
Interesting. I thought all core devices (like subtractor) were also fully mapped. But perhaps I don't fully understand how remote maps work. Anyway, I've ordered the bcr2000 and I'm expecting it this week.

I see propellerheads have done their own mapping for core devices. But are they configured well? Can I override them to my taste and still switch between tracks/devices? Guess I'll find out soon enough!

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

14 Aug 2017

djsmex wrote:
04 Aug 2017
Great job on sharing remote maps. Are there any steps for me to perform to participate and add the Behringer BCR2000 remote map? Or do you already have all the files and information needed?

Cheers!

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

14 Aug 2017

Edin_16 wrote:
12 Aug 2017
Hello Guys,
thanks for your work! Since today I own a BCR200, too and I can map inside reason every parameter without problems. The thing is, instruments like subtractor or predator have more knobs than the bcr2000. I need to change the preset to map 2 or more functions on one knob of the bcr2000
Problem: I ONLY can change Presets when reason is not running. The moment reason starts the preset get stucked in the one which is choosen before I start reason. I downloaded the map but I cant change the Presets when reason starts, too. What should I do to have the ability to change this presets on my bcr2000 in reason when it is running?
First make sure your BCR2000 is updated to firmware version 1.10 and is assigned as a control surface in the Control Surfaces tab of the Preferences.
When is the controller is not listed, do not perform an Autodetect surfaces, but add the BCR2000 by hand:
1. Press on Add.
2. Choose Behringer as manufacturer and set the Model to BCR2000.
3. Click on Find and move an item on the BCR2000 and click on Choose.
4. Set the MIDI Out port to BCR2000 and click on OK.
BCR2000ControlSurfaceSetup.jpg
BCR2000ControlSurfaceSetup.jpg (92.24 KiB) Viewed 5719 times
Download the BCR2000 remote map and follow the instructions as described in the first post of this thread. Now you can control all Reason native devices and all the Rack Extensions mentioned in the BCR2000 remote map list.

When you want to assign a rotary or a button on a native device not covered by the default mapping Props gave us, you can use Edit Remote Override Mapping.
BCR2000ControlSurface.jpg
BCR2000ControlSurface.jpg (125.1 KiB) Viewed 5719 times
The mapping will then be stored in the Reason song or template. To make a mapping permanent and independent from a Reason song, you will have to change the mapping in the BCR2000.remotemap.

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

14 Aug 2017

ReasonUser wrote:
12 Aug 2017
Oenkenstein wrote:
11 Aug 2017

Interesting. I thought all core devices (like subtractor) were also fully mapped. But perhaps I don't fully understand how remote maps work. Anyway, I've ordered the bcr2000 and I'm expecting it this week.

I see propellerheads have done their own mapping for core devices. But are they configured well? Can I override them to my taste and still switch between tracks/devices? Guess I'll find out soon enough!
Cool. Congrats on purchasing the BCR2000! Yes, all native devices in Reason are also supported in the BCR2000 remote map, but some devices are not fully mapped, like the Subtractor. To add or change controllable items you can rely on Remote Override. In my opinion Props has done a great job assigning knobs and buttons to their default remote map, even for the SSL mixer. It just takes some effort to memorize which rotary or button does what.

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

14 Aug 2017

To answer a post from Feb. 2017. The following RE''s from Panda are supported:
Lectric Panda LLC Fritz Granular Engine
Lectric Panda LLC Janitor CV Shaper
Lectric Panda LLC Scope Signal Monitor
Lectric Panda LLC Shape LFO Editor
Lectric Panda LLC Spektrum Signal Monitor

The PSQ1684 sequencer is not supported. Yet.

I have been neglecting this thread for a long time. Due to illness and being very to busy developing Rack Extensions. I hope to find some spare time again and update the remote map with Rack Extensions released after January, 5th, 2017. I have updated some links in a few posts today. Kuddos to Catblack and Artotaku for providing info and keeping this thread alive.

djsmex

14 Aug 2017

Catblack wrote:
05 Aug 2017
djsmex wrote:
04 Aug 2017
Could not download from your site. Getting a forbidden error.
All fixed now, thanks for letting us know.

djsmex

14 Aug 2017

Oenkenstein wrote:
14 Aug 2017
djsmex wrote:
04 Aug 2017
Great job on sharing remote maps. Are there any steps for me to perform to participate and add the Behringer BCR2000 remote map? Or do you already have all the files and information needed?

Cheers!
Hi, you can join the site for free as a author and post your remote files so they will appear in the downloads/shop or I can add the link you've posted here on the free resources section of the downloads page. Happy either way, just let us know.

best, John

• Information