Figure gets Abelton link!

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
T.G.

28 Jul 2016

Wahey!
I've been harping on about this, and so pleased that it's happened.
Next stop reason 9 with ableton link ... ?
let's hope so!

riemac

28 Jul 2016

What would be the benefit of having Link in Reason?

adfielding

28 Jul 2016

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Ableton were only interested in keeping Link in Live on the desktop-front... which, when you think about it, makes sense for them. Could be mis-remembering, though.

dioxide

28 Jul 2016

riemac wrote:What would be the benefit of having Link in Reason?
Solid sync. From my experiments with two copies of Live, Link keeps perfect time. MIDI sync via two USB connections is pretty poor most of the time.

dioxide

28 Jul 2016

adfielding wrote:I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Ableton were only interested in keeping Link in Live on the desktop-front... which, when you think about it, makes sense for them. Could be mis-remembering, though.
Yes it does as it gives them an advantage over other DAWs. I'd love to see it in Reason though.

tiker01

28 Jul 2016

I thik PH could make their own sync based on the same principle. I would love to jam on Figure in time with Reason(s) or two Reason projects. I am not sure if how can one use Link if Reason is Rewired into Ableton? Maybe until a better solution that is the way forward.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

dioxide

28 Jul 2016

tiker01 wrote:I thik PH could make their own sync based on the same principle. I would love to jam on Figure in time with Reason(s) or two Reason projects. I am not sure if how can one use Link if Reason is Rewired into Ableton? Maybe until a better solution that is the way forward.
Audio is rock solid for timing compared to USB MIDI Clock and I have synced external gear using (Gate) Clock In by running a square wave into the CV jack. It's fun to clock external modular style gear this way but it would be amazing if Reason could slave to an audio clock signal so you could control the tempo of Reason from a modular (for instance). This would also allow you to sync two copies of Reason using just an audio cable.

This wouldn't help much with iOS though, so maybe a Bluetooth solution like Link is better. I trust an audio cable over Bluetooth or Wifi in a live situation though!

tiker01

28 Jul 2016

dioxide wrote:
tiker01 wrote:I thik PH could make their own sync based on the same principle. I would love to jam on Figure in time with Reason(s) or two Reason projects. I am not sure if how can one use Link if Reason is Rewired into Ableton? Maybe until a better solution that is the way forward.
Audio is rock solid for timing compared to USB MIDI Clock and I have synced external gear using (Gate) Clock In by running a square wave into the CV jack. It's fun to clock external modular style gear this way but it would be amazing if Reason could slave to an audio clock signal so you could control the tempo of Reason from a modular (for instance). This would also allow you to sync two copies of Reason using just an audio cable.

This wouldn't help much with iOS though, so maybe a Bluetooth solution like Link is better. I trust an audio cable over Bluetooth or Wifi in a live situation though!
If they decide to implement some sort of sinc I hope it will support various methods. I wouldn`t mind one through ethernet cables and wifi so I can sync it with my iPad. They could also support USB so one can connect to computer or iOS device.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

• Information