Mbox 2 mini and Pro Tools 12 Windows

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
AttenuationHz

22 Jul 2016

So I have an mbox 2 mini and I am trying to find out if it works completely with windows. I was on to Avid support asking them and they could not give me an answer if it works doesn't work or even a hint that it might. Is there anybody that has both Mbox 2 Mini, Pro Tools 12 and windows 7 that can confirm that it does work because Avid are a bunch of money hungry sh!its and won't give me an answer. They don't even have 11 available on the store but low and behold a trial is available for PT 11 utter nonsense!!

I am using the trial version of PT11 at the minute but the performance I am getting with rewire is beyond a joke CPU peaks to 100% when playing a project that isn't even cpu intensive in the slightest. It is using 2 of my 8 cores!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

AttenuationHz

28 Jul 2016

I was using Reaper for a couple of days and had to put my fist in a wall cause Reaper's idea of routing is a little bit silly. Couldn't figure out how to route a midi keyboard to reason as a rewire device but then figured it out in a new project. I then went back to the project I couldn't figure it out in and did the same thing I did to get the midi to reaper midi in reaper to reason and audio back to reaper in the other project and same routing I did wouldn't work in the project I actually wanted to do it in. I started a new project did the same thing I did in the previous project I had the audio in and it wouldn't work again. Did anybody know this: There is no such thing as a mono channel in reaper!

So I swallowed what was left of my pride and purchased a 1 month subscription to Pro Tools 12 on the basis of 'if the problems in 11 were happening with 12, I could get refunded if tech support are unable to fix'.

So in true response to my own post YES the Mbox 2 mini works on my system with Pro Tools 12 with windows.

Rewire on the other hand not so much. I found that if I delete every Rack Extension in the Reason Project Pro Tools is okay with that and will actually make you believe your computers resources are fine. Reason ReWired to Pro Tools = BAD
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

• Information