Propellerhead Reason controller?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
electrofux

04 Oct 2016

normen wrote:
jam-s wrote:Don't underestimate the ammount of skill and cost needed for some decent hardware design, normen. I think a hardware modding project for some existing (cheap) controller might be a better way.
Design? Thats what I suggested could be done in a community effort, hence not costing a cent but "only" time. As for skill, I see a lot of that around here. But hey, I don't want to force anything here. I did create a few hardware controllers in my life, like this one, its basically emulating the upper part of a mackie control:

Just recently i thought about building a controller and this is pretty much what i had in mind. I just would want to have two rows of led lit buttons. And very important high resolution encoders not the standard ones where you need to turn for ages or even dented ones.

As for a Reason Controller, this would imho only make sense if we had a clip launcher in Reason and or remotable Rack and Sequencer. If not there are already plenty of good controllers and most of the work lies in the Remote Codec anyways.

HepCat

04 Oct 2016

If we're talking live use, you need around 140 dials, 75 buttons, 50 sliders. This can be achieved for £300 max. (total), by buying cheap controllers brand new off eBay.

Thing is, you need control over many instruments simultaneously. Also, everybody's needs and setups differ, so there is no point in a dedicated Reason controller because it will never please even a tenth of users and will be way too expensive to meet my quoted requirements.

Make your own? For that qantity of controls, you face ruin.

Novation Automap? Maybe l'm missing something but it felt like a plague. I just used Remote Overrides. Guess you may need Automap to map scales perhaps?

No other way than several smaller controllers at a cheap retail price. Check out Akai's budget range.

If you don't want it for live performance, then you're justified in a dedicated Reason controller that can scroll banks and multifunction its controls and leap from instrument to instrument automapping itself correctly each time.

Noplan
Competition Winner

04 Oct 2016

you need around 140 dials, 75 buttons, 50 sliders
What are you doing? Seems a little bit too much for a live set.

HepCat

04 Oct 2016

Noplan wrote:
Well, you've got either Subtractor or Thor, then there's the various controls on several samplers, and then there's the FX units and mixers.

Yonatan

17 Dec 2016

Looking for a midi drum controller and practice. Either say a Roland TD1KV physical e-drum or more innovative Aerodrums.
Anyone tried them with Reason Drums (or say A-list drummers) or EZdrums?

fieldframe
RE Developer

19 Dec 2016

Anyone use the rsTouch Pro iPad app? I've been thinking about getting it but I never really used TouchOSC, so I'm not sure how much I'd use rsTouch.

Data_Shrine

19 Dec 2016

I have an Axiom 49 2nd, it works fine for me.
However, I always wondered if there was a way to save midi mapping for every instrument, independently of the Reason file itself. By that I mean, a way to make something like "macros" in Ableton. Like a separate file or instrument which would keep all my mappings for every instruments & RE. Combinators don't work for this because there are only 2 knobs.

If there is such a way, please enlighten me ! If not, Props should consider making this in a future update or version.

HepCat

23 Dec 2016

HepCat wrote:If we're talking live use, you need around 140 dials, 75 buttons, 50 sliders. This can be achieved for £300 max. (total), by buying cheap controllers brand new off eBay.

Thing is, you need control over many instruments simultaneously. Also, everybody's needs and setups differ, so there is no point in a dedicated Reason controller because it will never please even a tenth of users and will be way too expensive to meet my quoted requirements.

Make your own? For that qantity of controls, you face ruin.

Novation Automap? Maybe l'm missing something but it felt like a plague. I just used Remote Overrides. Guess you may need Automap to map scales perhaps?

No other way than several smaller controllers at a cheap retail price. Check out Akai's budget range.

If you don't want it for live performance, then you're justified in a dedicated Reason controller that can scroll banks and multifunction its controls and leap from instrument to instrument automapping itself correctly each time.

Hmm l think l need to rethink things (sadly, in hindsight, as l've already made my purchases grrrr)

Noplan wrote:

Right, in hindsight l've decided:

- Probably better to buy a Nektar Panorama P1 - it was made for Reason. Not really sure why this site doesn't just run ads for the Nektar plus a few of the other controllers mentioned on this thread. The Nektar P1 was designed with Reason in mind, although Reason 9 isn't officially supported, and the Nektar don't even officially support the P1 anymore :-/

- Still, l don't see how you can control, say OctoRex at the same time as FX, or even 2 rival OctoRexes, simultaneously. Is it possible? Perhaps buy 2 x Nektar P1? Could actually also save a lot of money and space that way, if you have a lot of DAWs to control simultaneously.

- As for my remarks about Novation AutoMap, just cos l don't understand it doesn't make it useless. I suspect it can be used to make the LEDs light up when you press a button. Otherwise you just have a totally dark controller (unless it's a controller designed with Reason in mind).

ejanuska wrote:I had a Nektar P1, sold it. Didn't like it.

Buy a used MASCHINE MK 1 without a license for the same price as a Nektar P1, maybe less, spend a couple bucks on MaschineR software ($36) to use the Maschine as a MIDI controller. MaschineR does the mapping for between Maschine and Reason. The Maschine software and license is not needed for MIDI controller mode. I ended up with a fully licensed Maschine MK1 for $150 and its cool.
I also tried Livid Base II but you never know what fader is doing what without looking through a pile of maps.
- Ejanuska said he didn't like his Nektar P1, but it would be interesting to know why
- Would also be interesting to know how the Maschine worked in practice, with Reason

normen wrote:... how about us ReasonTalk users get together to design a Reason controller? There should be enough design, electronics and software knowledge around here to pull this off. And with 3d printing services like shapeways, inexpensive PCB manufacturing, hardware platforms like the Raspberry, Arduino etc. it SHOULD be possible to create this with a reasonable price.
- If you want to design your own controller, it would have to be fairly compact, and be able to control multiple devices within Reason, or individual devices in multiple DAWs, simultaneously.

- You would also need a solution for when a device has more controls than the actual hardware controls will allow. Or even, when controlling 2 devices simultaneously, requires more controls than the actual hardware controls will allow.

- Everything that can be mapped in Reason, must be mapped automatically (?) - or at least make the mapping process easy. That includes mapping things like change bank on Matrix with just one button press or dial twist, rather than a button for each bank.

- You'll need a 8x8 pad grid too, l'd say, or at least 4 rows x 8 columns, in order to accommodate Ableton and suchlike. It would also make simultaneous multiple Octorexes easier.

- Need to clearly display on a large LED screen (or better, on little displays next to the controls themselves) what the current controls are mapped to.

- Need some way to save and export the total mapping regardless of how many different DAWs are simultaneously in the map.

Sounds like an unenviable task.

* If you can do all these things in 1 unit, it would be worth £500-£600 in my opinion. May need to throw in a 4 or 5 octave keyboard too, with pitchbend and modulation controllers, velocity control etc.

* If you can do all these things but it would mean buying 2 units, it would be worth £250 max in my opinion. No keyboard.

artotaku

23 Dec 2016

To not reinvent the wheel, let´s have a look at the Akai APC40 MK2 as a starting point.
I find it quite elaborated since it has a clip launch matrix as well as LED endless rotaries and a bunch of other buttons. This allows to control the Main Mixer, individual devices and some sequencing (via Step Sequencer devices such as Redrum or Thor).
Though designed for Ableton Live it has no Reason remote codec so I wrote my own. You can get quite far with it.

I think that a lot of effort goes into writing the Remote codec, beside designing and building the hardware.

So far (out of my head) what I´m missing from the APC40 is:
  • Add another 4 LED-endless-rotaries to each track/channel so we have 5 for each track/channel. The bank switching between Pan/Sends/User is cumbersome. I need direct access to Channel Send FX and filters of the Main Mixer.
  • Add a button under each of the LED-Rotaries to switch Send FX and filters on/off (example: Allen & Heath Xone K1)
  • Add a display to show the current value/parameter and name of the device in focus
  • Allow to daisy chain another (maybe smaller and less channel strips, example: Allen & Heath Xone K1) APC40 module to have another 4 or 8 tracks/channel we can control without switching pages and it is seen as one device from the Reason host
  • Include a special MIDI driver that allows to map computer keyboard shortcuts to execute actions in Reason (like creating a device). This is the way it is done by Nectar Panorama controllers AFAIK.
Of course this would increase the form factor of the controller so it´s not so portable anymore but makes the controller more accessible in studio and live context.

HepCat

23 Dec 2016

artotaku wrote:...
That is a nice controller. Somehow it's more expensive than the APC40, which can in fact be daisychained with an APC20 to make a new controller (there are videos on how it's done).

Anyway:
- No LED display.
- No changing labels on the controls, i.e. when you flit from device to device. In fact, these APCs have no displays at all, as you pointed out.

- Based on a point you raised: we need a controller that automatically recognises how many send FX you have on the go.

I think to make a really good controller, there'll need to be a paradigm shift. I mean, all buttons and some dials / sliders will have to be computer graphics, projected onto a transparent slate, changing in quantity and layout as per requirements on-the-fly. The physical dials / sliders (forget physical buttons) will be on the same slate.

Ideally we need something with ephemeral controls like that, projected onto a transparent slate. It can also be done in standard hardware format like we have today, but if so, it would need twice as many dials, and yeah, an 8x8 or 4x8 button grid. Perhaps twice as many sliders too. And auto changing electronic labels for each control.

ejanuska

24 Dec 2016

[quote="HepCat"
- Ejanuska said he didn't like his Nektar P1, but it would be interesting to know why
- Would also be interesting to know how the Maschine worked in practice, with Reason[/quote]

I found the Nektar required a lot of menu work that I didn't like.
I tried it for a few days but I was still reaching for the mouse, which was what I was trying to stop.
I couldn't seem to switch to different instruments and parameters as easy as I could with a mouse.

With Maschine first lets clear up some things for those who don't know.
The Maschine in MIDI controller mode is totally different than using Maschine with its native software in Maschine controller mode.
Maschine requires its software to work, its not a synth, just a custom hardware controller for NI software.
Using a Maschine in MIDI controller mode does not require any software but you will spend a very long time mapping and setting it up without MaschineR or something similar.

To use it in MIDI controller mode I used MaschineR software which does some mapping and labeling of controls in the Maschine hardware.
It's cumbersome and a learning curve, and I don't use it. I tried it but it got old.

To use Maschine and its software as a plug-in of course is not possible in Reason.
Normally this would lead to the tired old "wish-Reason-took-VST-plugins" complaint but I won't go there since its a bore.

There are other means of connecting these nearly disparate music creation tools but none of them really worked out for me. I wasted tons of time messing around with them.
My solution is create a loop or sample in one platform, convert to wav or similar compatible format, and drag it into the other environment.

Maschine using its software is great to create beats and loops, not so great at mixing and song arranging.
Reason is great at a lot of things but if you want to sit down and jam something out without messing around with a mouse and monitor Maschine is better.

HepCat

24 Dec 2016

ejanuska wrote:...
Interesting.

Perhaps what l settled on was a good idea after all.

That is:
3 x AKAI Midi Mix (approx. £64 each - l got a small discount)
2 x Worlde EasyControl (p. o. s. really, but it gives you 9 dials and 9 sliders for £36 per unit, but the xfader doesn't work. The buttons will not map to things that give multiple choices e.g. LFO dest, or even simple ON/OFF toggles - only good for triggering samples e.g. in OctoRex)
1 x Aka APC Mini (approx. £64)

Total cost: £328 inc. postage
For that cost, l feel like a prize turkey. But at least l have a simultaneous line to everything in my Reason setup and l can label every individual control albeit with a marker pen. My Reason setup includes 4 Octorexes, an NN19 and a Subtractor, and a booth area for everything, and even an on-the-fly assignable DJ mixer. Woot.

Still, £328 is too much, l wish there were a controller that could simultaneously do separate instruments in the same DAW or across separate DAWs, with automatic labelling for each control.

Catblack

24 Dec 2016

I have a launchpad Pro -- which has velocity sensitivity -- and I've made my own playing surface/notes layout for it. (Actually many layouts, as far as notes on a grid with lights, my codec is the ultimate.) But I don't have controls over dials and the like. I have a BCR2000 sitting next to it, and there's a wonderful remotemap on the forums here which has a lot of rack functionality. (The BCR2000 _codec_ is one of the few that are encrypted because it has a 'secret', now known, sysex programming language in it.)

I"m still wishing I had pitch and mod on the launchpad. But one of my diehard beliefs is that you will want velocity and pressure sensitivity on your pads. I want to take a flamethrower to all of the hardware manufacturers who make hardware that's just a glorified clip launcher for Ableton Live. (Yes, even Novation for putting out the RGB Launchpad mk2, which doesn't have the good playable pads like the Pro.)

I've actually got some hardware here I"m going to test for use with the Launchpad Pro -- a Raspberry Pi with a small touchscreen, a DJ Hero controlled by a wiimote, etc... I'm after sort of the same thing you are, but again, the BCR2000 has a lot of functionality with the remotemap that's in the forums here. Just no labels.

I think the Midi FIghter diy rigs are velocity and pressure sensitive. The raspberry Pi 3 is like $35, add $60 for a touchscreen, and $25 for a case for the two... and at that point you might want to have picked up an old push or maschine. (There _is_ a project that has hacked the screens for both on github, by the shaduzlabs guy who has a video of space invaders running on the push screen. But I don't think it would be easy to implement into a remote codec.)

The point about the pi is that I'm going to see about getting some parameter display going on it. Pretty low priority project for me, but I'm sure I'll spend an hour or two on it this next week.

I'd love to hear what you come up with, HepCat.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Catblack

24 Dec 2016

HepCat wrote:
ejanuska wrote:...
Interesting.

Perhaps what l settled on was a good idea after all.

That is:
3 x AKAI Midi Mix (approx. £64 each - l got a small discount)
2 x Worlde EasyControl (p. o. s. really, but it gives you 9 dials and 9 sliders for £36 per unit, but the xfader doesn't work. The buttons will not map to things that give multiple choices e.g. LFO dest, or even simple ON/OFF toggles - only good for triggering samples e.g. in OctoRex)
1 x Aka APC Mini (approx. £64)
Don't forget a USB hub for all of that.

I'd be very curious if the Worlde EasyControl has any midi output on that 'volume' fader. If it does, you can make Remote have it do anything you want. Also all of those on/off buttons could probably be assigned to anything you want, unless the hardware doesn't accept midi input for the light states. That is, if the buttons just toggle the lights on and off in the device with no way to set it via midi... that's lame.

Damn.

HepCat

24 Dec 2016

Catblack wrote:Don't forget a USB hub for all of that.

I'd be very curious if the Worlde EasyControl has any midi output on that 'volume' fader. If it does, you can make Remote have it do anything you want. Also all of those on/off buttons could probably be assigned to anything you want, unless the hardware doesn't accept midi input for the light states. That is, if the buttons just toggle the lights on and off in the device with no way to set it via midi... that's lame.
Hi there, unfortunately USB hubs are causing me problems in Ableton right now, l suspect it's because i have a hub plugged into a hub. Ableton is doing strange things. Perhaps l'm not understanding something. The learning curve with all DAWs seems enormous when you want to do anything remotely "live".

Anyway ... l'm unsure what you mean by MIDI output on the volume fader ... all the faders can map to software dials and faders in Reason, and even to software buttons that toggle between various states (e.g. LFO destination).

As for the buttons on the EasyControl, nope they only assign to "one press" buttons e.g. sample triggers on the OctoRex, that have only 1 state - which is "On". They cannot even map to 2-state buttons e.g. "On-Off". It really is a p. o. s. but a cheap-ish source for 9 faders + 9 dials.

As for lights, well, the buttons light up and then immediately switch off, with each button press. No permanent "on" lights.

As for the Akai controllers, their lights don't stay on either, and you can forget the mutlicoloured lights on the Akai APC Mini. I believe it would require something like Automap to set LED on/off and LED colour.

Catblack wrote:... that's lame.
:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

jam-s

24 Dec 2016

You could use midi-ox to write some custom mappings or more inteligent codec that transforms momentary buttons to toggle buttons on the easycontrol.

kuhliloach

24 Dec 2016

In 2016 nothing got my mind going more than reading about the Nektar P4. The Launchkey series also caught my eye, but I can't stop thinking about the idea of one super high quality motorized fader. It lead me to think about a nice big knob. To be fair I don't usually adjust any knobs or faders more than one at a time! What I do need multiples of is keys, and pads.

It seems what we need more of is proper "Official Support" by various companies for Reason, which the CEO's might be able to help us with via multiple beers.

I agree (with above) the Korg padKONTROL has the right feel. I'm also facing the fact that less than 88 keys may not do. All that said the P4 seems the most attractive. Also consider this: some of the new 88 key controllers with fully weighted keys are under $500 like Yamaha P71. Is it time to break things apart, or combine? (keys, pads, knobs, faders). I like fewer moving parts.

In a single-motorized-fader scenario like the P4 perhaps Reason could have a single-fader support mode with special functions, visually or otherwise.

mreese80

25 Dec 2016

Novation Impulse. Dope. That's what i have.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

QuantumHarmonics

25 Dec 2016

I'm currently using:

two nektar panorama p1's (Great stuff, even though two can act weird when booting your sequencer, i still love them)
akai mpd232 (Love it, great fun!)
akai apc mini (great value for money clip launcher , wanted the apc40 but i preferred 8*8 grid on this one)
mackie control universal (for detailed mixing, i love this one)
roli seaboard rise 49 (Best controller ever!)

Still waiting on full MPE support for the seaboard rise within reason, but until then it's also great when it is set to normal mode.

My main daw next to reason is Bitwig Studio, wich does support the apc mini and mpe protocol for the roli seaboard.

I used to have:

novation remote sl 37 (disliked the automap software and drivers itself)
nektar panorama p6 (I loved this one but sadly could not agree with the keybed on it and sadly only 12 drumpads, if not for that it was bloody perfect!)
m-audio axiom 49 (Nice keyboard, great build but did not do the extra's what i was looking for)

gak

26 Dec 2016

fieldframe wrote:Anyone use the rsTouch Pro iPad app? I've been thinking about getting it but I never really used TouchOSC, so I'm not sure how much I'd use rsTouch.
I've had mine since forever. It's good. Unfortunately it doesn't have every RE I own, but it's terrific for the the host and the RE's it does have.

BTW, if you haven't experienced the joy of ipad/touchscreen stuff, you don't know what you are missing. It's a whole new world.

HepCat

26 Dec 2016

gak wrote: BTW, if you haven't experienced the joy of ipad/touchscreen stuff, you don't know what you are missing. It's a whole new world.
Ahh yes, l see it all now.

A hard rectangular casing replete with about 24 physical dials + 16 physical sliders and a small complement of physical menu and transport buttons. The casing frames a 10" tablet PC, which changes its touchscreen display to match whatever DAW region you're pointed at right now, and even split screen for other regions you're not even pointed at right now. That is the "ephemeral display" l was talking about. With haptic feedback ofc.

That is the ideal controller, that can control multiple devices simuitaneously within the same DAW, or between 2 different DAWs, and every control is neatly labelled, even though the display constantly changes. Perfect!

[I've already seen something like this for the iPad, but without the permanent physical fixtures (dials, sliders) surrounding the iPad that is in the centre of it.]

Catblack

28 Dec 2016

I just ran across this beast tonight. I'm seeing it for sale for $70, The Samson Conspiracy The screen looks rubbish, and the encoders don't have any light rings around them to tell you what they are set at. Still it's a weird duck, but for $70... And the pads are velocity sensitive with aftertouch.
QuantumHarmonics wrote:I'm currently using:

roli seaboard rise 49 (Best controller ever!)
Jealous!

Damn.

electrofux

28 Dec 2016

I have tried so many hardwae controllers and written so many codecs but i feel like i found the best solution for me - and it is a bit, well, unusual.
I am using a Dopfer Pocket Control (16 endless encoders) - soon replaced by a Midifighter Twister, plus a launchpad mini and an Iphone as a display- they all come together in a single codec.

The Iphone shows me all available banks for a given device, all values for the 16 encoders and its names, arrange like on the hardware. And in case of the SSL Mixer-view 16 Channels at once or the Channelstrip.

On the Launchpad i can select different banks for the upper and lower row of 8 encoders independantly or select a Channel in the Mixer and activate any send or eq visually suported by a one pad vu meter (going from dim green to full red).

And with the Doepfer i tweak the currently selected stuff be it a Synth or the Mixer or the Mixer Channel or FX. It is all working together as if it were one device.

I could be using the Iphone/Ipad only instead of the Mini for switching banks and other button related stuff but i love to have the Iphone only as a display and have some tactile feeling with the Minis buttons.

I ususually need 8 Encoders and max 16 buttons to resemble all controls of a Reason Synth divided into banks of 8 (eg Thor uses 15 banks). So alot of buttons are needed if you dont want to use switches or leave out parameters. I also found it restraining to only have one bank available at a time which is why i divided the 16 controls into 2 different selectable banks so i have some kind of a modular setup. The first two rows and last two rows on the launchpad shows the two banks.

Aaand the most important thing is that i can use the remaining buttons on the Mini for important stuff like switching the instance of the controller. I use the round buttons to select additional virtual control surfaces which are locked eg to all 8 Send Effects (something i allways wanted to have quick access to), the Mixer, the selected device plus an additionally lockable surface and the Launchpad/Iphone nicely shows me what is currently selected. I also have a page with 32 Mutes and 32 VUMeter Pads.

it is an all in one setup (or better all in three) which I cannot realise with any other controller on the market.
The Akai could do it too but i doubt anyone can find a documentation of the Color/Sysex/Midi implementation if it exists. The Native Instruments Control series or Machine Jam could be cool too but the same applies.

However there is something very interesting on the way and that is this modular controller over at http://special-waves.com/.
I love that they have these two in one button controls aswell as pads. If that comes out i might build the stuff i want in a much smaller size.

P.S. that Samson thingy looks cool too. Surprisng to see it. However they talk about endless encoder but have caps for normal potis which is confusing. I will never use potis again. For me they dont make much sense when there are high quality encoders with rings available like on the Twister.

Catblack

28 Dec 2016

electrofux wrote:I have tried so many hardwae controllers and written so many codecs but i feel like i found the best solution for me - and it is a bit, well, unusual.
I am using a Dopfer Pocket Control (16 endless encoders) - soon replaced by a Midifighter Twister, plus a launchpad mini and an Iphone as a display- they all come together in a single codec.

The Iphone shows me all available banks for a given device, all values for the 16 encoders and its names, arrange like on the hardware. And in case of the SSL Mixer-view 16 Channels at once or the Channelstrip.

On the Launchpad i can select different banks for the upper and lower row of 8 encoders independantly or select a Channel in the Mixer and activate any send or eq visually suported by a one pad vu meter (going from dim green to full red).

And with the Doepfer i tweak the currently selected stuff be it a Synth or the Mixer or the Mixer Channel or FX. It is all working together as if it were one device.

I could be using the Iphone/Ipad only instead of the Mini for switching banks and other button related stuff but i love to have the Iphone only as a display and have some tactile feeling with the Minis buttons.

I ususually need 8 Encoders and max 16 buttons to resemble all controls of a Reason Synth divided into banks of 8 (eg Thor uses 15 banks). So alot of buttons are needed if you dont want to use switches or leave out parameters. I also found it restraining to only have one bank available at a time which is why i divided the 16 controls into 2 different selectable banks so i have some kind of a modular setup. The first two rows and last two rows on the launchpad shows the two banks.

Aaand the most important thing is that i can use the remaining buttons on the Mini for important stuff like switching the instance of the controller. I use the round buttons to select additional virtual control surfaces which are locked eg to all 8 Send Effects (something i allways wanted to have quick access to), the Mixer, the selected device plus an additionally lockable surface and the Launchpad/Iphone nicely shows me what is currently selected. I also have a page with 32 Mutes and 32 VUMeter Pads.
I'd love to see your setup in it's entirety. How you are grouping things is really interesting to me.

But what I'm really curios about is what you are using on your iphone to display things.

Damn.

electrofux

28 Dec 2016

Catblack wrote:
electrofux wrote:I have tried so many hardwae controllers and written so many codecs but i feel like i found the best solution for me - and it is a bit, well, unusual.

I'd love to see your setup in it's entirety. How you are grouping things is really interesting to me.

But what I'm really curios about is what you are using on your iphone to display things.
I want to make a video of the controller section and the Launchpad codec, just need to find the time and setup to record video.

I use Lemur on the Ipad Iphone. It is a bit tricky though to get text from Remote over to Lemur. Alot of en- and decoding of Sysex.
Lemur already comes with knobs, faders, vu meters and stuff which can be adressed with simple ccs. But you can also add custom Midi listening scripts which accept sysex. Then after decoding the data i set a couple of text fields to the received string and everything is named nicely and dynamically.

• Information