PreSonus Help

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Jmax

05 Jul 2016

Any PreSonus Audiobox users in the house?

I've been using my Audiobox 44 VSL for the past 4 years. My first audio interface and for the most part love the thing. But oddly find it has a lot of latency. Midi pressed to the sound coming out.

My specs
AMD Phenon II X4 965 Processor 3.40 Ghz
16 GB Ram
Win 7, completely optimized for audio.

I run Reason 9, Studio One 3 and Ableton 9.

My buffer size is 512 latency (I can't adjust any fine details other then 512 256 etc within the Audiobox software or the DAW).
512 is pretty much the lowest I can go without getting some kind of crackling or popping sounds. I'd like to run at 256 especially to record but that's not happening.
I can run lighter sounds at 256 but if I load up any heavy Combinator's, Zero synths forget it. Or as soon as I have 8 to 10 Midi/Audio tracks in the project I get the pops.
My Kontakt plugins don't like 256 at all. 512 runs perfect.

I've heard the Presonus Audiobox runs at Usb 1.1 ? can anyone confirm this? Would this make things considerably slower?

There is also a Mixer/VSL knob on the Audiobox, I've always had it set to VSL.

Anyways, any help would be lovely. Also any recommendations on other interface's that fit my specs well. I'm a pianist, but recording at 512 can be a little chore.
IMG_5650.JPG
IMG_5650.JPG (552.56 KiB) Viewed 563 times
J

Gulale

08 Jul 2016

I believe you can open a ticket inside your account @presonus website. they will get back to you with in a day or two.

You haven't specified you either on mac or pc. What was your troubleshooting?
Gulale aka Bereket

• Information