Recording via a mackie usb mixer

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Liam Prince

01 Jul 2016

Hi,
I'm setting up my studio again after a long break, I've had a custom PC built and I'm running reason 9.

I've connected my mackie mixer to the PC via usb and it's working fine for playback, my problem is, when I load an audio track to record my electric drumkit nothing is showing on the audio in, I get the option for stereo or mono but underneath no audio input is showing.

I've tried altering to different audio inputs in the preferences but nothing is working.
Any help and advise would be very welcome,

Cheers Liam.

tibah

01 Jul 2016

Edit -> Preferences -> Audio to get to your active input channels (and being able to enable them). This usually also opens a dedicated program, as I would guess the Mackie mixer has its own application, as most interfaces do as well. You should be able to find the issue in there.

Liam Prince

01 Jul 2016

I've set up the preferences, it shows as "codec usb", and I get playback perfectly, it's just the audio input which isn't being recognised.

tibah

01 Jul 2016

Is there a dedicated application/tool/program to use with that mixer? What kind of driver is this working on? ASIO?

Liam Prince

01 Jul 2016

I've searched the mackie manual, the model is profx8. It states that no drivers are required, I've used it before while recording into sound forge and didn't have an issues.

Liam Prince

02 Jul 2016

I found a solution on a question asked in a different forum, it said to download a driver called "asio4all" it's free and easy to find with a Google search. Worked straight away, the driver shows in the preferences and I can now record the signal from the mixer into reason.

• Information