Roland TR-8 and Reason 9 - 2 questions

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Bonkhead

28 Jun 2016

I'm searching the webs for all usefull info, due to lack of a proper manual. I have 2 question concerning using the Tr-8 as a soundcard:

(1) - I use Reason 9 as my daw and everything is setup up fine and works. I get audio from Reason through the TR-8 and i can record the TR-8 on audio channels. But can i mute the TR-8 internally so i only hear the Tr-8 via Reason (and the added fx) without hearing the dry TR-8 blasting through the TR-8's output ?

(2) - I want to use my Gigaport usb audiocard to split the tr8's drums to my analog mixer, but Reason 9 doesn't allow me to choose two different soundcards for inputs and outputs. does anyone have another idea to route the tr-8 usb soundcard inputs to another usb soundcards outputs ?

FATCheese

04 Jul 2016

Question about your first question: How did you set your TR8 up? Cause through USB connection you can manipulate all audio channels on the TR8 without the TR8 blasting also the dry signal.
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/realfatcheese

And remember, blessed are the cheesemakers, and any manufacturers of dairy-based music !

Hell yeah E., you're a "cheesius".

panox80

04 Jul 2016

make an aggregate device to use tr8 and your soundcard togheter

• Information