D16 Group Punchbox released

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
pjeudy

23 Jun 2016

Punchbox.png
Punchbox.png (407.05 KiB) Viewed 3566 times
http://d16.pl/punchbox

Key features
Sound source
Up to 4 generators, operating in parallel, activated/deactivated independently
Click - Sample-based, produces Kick accent
Tops - Sample-based, produces e.g. hihats, percussion and noise
Tools - Sample-based, produces almost full Kicks without sub
Kick - Sample-based or Synth-based, produces the Kick's body. 4 synthesis engines for Synth Mode to select from:
909 Kick model
808 Kick model
606 Kick model
Sine wave based Kick model
Audio-to-effect send per generator
1 voice of polyphony
Optional MIDI velocity sensitivity and pitch tracking
Built-in effect rack
5 high-quality algorithms operating in series, may be independently turned on/off and reordered by drag'n'drop
Equalizer
Bit Crusher
Distortion
Filter
Limiter
Controllable connection point in the effect chain for the generators’ direct output (Mixdown after)
Samples and presets
Vast factory content designed by CFA-Sound and Sounds of Revolution
800 presets
1100 samples
Suitably tagged
Tag-based Preset and Sample browsers
Preview option
User may import own samples
7 preset categories (hierarchically ordered)
Global / Master presets
909 Synth engine
808 Synth engine
606 Synth engine
Sine Synth engine
Bitcrusher Effect
Distortion Effect
MIDI Learn option
Flexible Randomizer
Direct Export function (export your final kick as WAV file)

My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Gorgon

23 Jun 2016

79. Yeah right. I'll wait for the sale.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

pjeudy

23 Jun 2016

Gorgon wrote:79. Yeah right. I'll wait for the sale.
do you find that too expensive? or it's not worth it do to testing? genuinely interested.
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

Gorgon

23 Jun 2016

pjeudy wrote:
do you find that too expensive? or it's not worth it do to testing? genuinely interested.
I'm not going to pay 79 for a kickdrum.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

pjeudy

23 Jun 2016

Gorgon wrote:
pjeudy wrote:
I'm not going to pay 79 for a kickdrum.
I bought Sonic Academy KICK 2 for around $70...every time I'v use that device I'm pleased that it exist! I understand that it's just a preference. I also use samples...haven't used D16 punchbox yet but the Demo is sitting on my drive now.

Gorgon

24 Jun 2016

Ohh, my introductory price is 59! Now that's something worth considering. Gonna check out the demo tonight.

kuhliloach

24 Jun 2016

For some reason the Punchbox isn't appearing in the shop; all I see is Devastor 2 and Decimort 2.

TheMiles

24 Jun 2016

kuhliloach wrote:For some reason the Punchbox isn't appearing in the shop; all I see is Devastor 2 and Decimort 2.
I believe it has been released as a VST, not as a RE... Maybe sometime later we will get that in Reason, too

Dave909

24 Jun 2016

Gorgon wrote:Ohh, my introductory price is 59! Now that's something worth considering. Gonna check out the demo tonight.
Lol and 20 more was out of the question?

Gorgon

24 Jun 2016

TheMiles wrote:
kuhliloach wrote:For some reason the Punchbox isn't appearing in the shop; all I see is Devastor 2 and Decimort 2.
I believe it has been released as a VST, not as a RE... Maybe sometime later we will get that in Reason, too
I wouldn't put money on that.

Gorgon

24 Jun 2016

Dave909 wrote:
Gorgon wrote:Ohh, my introductory price is 59! Now that's something worth considering. Gonna check out the demo tonight.
Yes.

Dave909

24 Jun 2016

Gorgon wrote:
Dave909 wrote:
Yes.
Thats sad, lol

Gorgon

24 Jun 2016

Dave909 wrote:
Gorgon wrote:
Dave909 wrote:
Yes.
Thats sad, lol
Is it? Really? Well, that explains PH selling all the overpriced RE's.

Dave909

25 Jun 2016

Gorgon wrote:
Dave909 wrote:
Gorgon wrote:
Dave909 wrote:
Yes.
Thats sad, lol
Is it? Really? Well, that explains PH selling all the overpriced RE's.
It is. If you are willing to pay 60 you clearly want the plugin so if you want it and 60 sounds good then 80 isnt far off. I mean like if i want a plugin because it will add something to my capabilities 20 isnt gonna keep me from it :)

And lets be honest. How cool would it be to have it in Reason? It has a bunch of great effects too. I would pay 79 for the rack extension version.

decibel

25 Jun 2016

Dave909 wrote:
It is. If you are willing to pay 60 you clearly want the plugin so if you want it and 60 sounds good then 80 isnt far off. I mean like if i want a plugin because it will add something to my capabilities 20 isnt gonna keep me from it :)

And lets be honest. How cool would it be to have it in Reason? It has a bunch of great effects too.
i want nostromo, stringwerks and a few other things, but cant really afford them right now, if the were just $20 cheaper i would happily deprive myself of other day to day necessity's for the next month or so ;) but as they are now have to block them out, hey dont exist until im super cashed up or they go on sale lol

*the $20 difference hardly covers the difference in exchange rate anyway (aus $ sucks balls) , so i would kind of be paying full price anyway even with a discount like that

Gorgon

25 Jun 2016

Dave909 wrote:And lets be honest. How cool would it be to have it in Reason? It has a bunch of great effects too. I would pay 79 for the rack extension version.
Not going to happen.

Dave909

25 Jun 2016

Gorgon wrote:
Dave909 wrote:And lets be honest. How cool would it be to have it in Reason? It has a bunch of great effects too. I would pay 79 for the rack extension version.
Not going to happen.
Oh so you got insider knowledge?

Gorgon

26 Jun 2016

Dave909 wrote:
Gorgon wrote:
Not going to happen.
No, I have a functioning brain.

Dave909

26 Jun 2016

Gorgon wrote:
Dave909 wrote:
Gorgon wrote:
Not going to happen.
No, I have a functioning brain.
Lol, then getting your hands on 20 euro's shouldn't be too hard

kuhliloach

26 Jun 2016

I can confirm this still is not in the shop but Devastor 2 and Decimort 2 are both currently on sale.

pjeudy

26 Jun 2016

Ok...enough playing games....time to try this device out !!!!!

tibah

26 Jun 2016

kuhliloach wrote:I can confirm this still is not in the shop but Devastor 2 and Decimort 2 are both currently on sale.
Please follow this thread more intensely. It's a plug-in release, not a RE. That's why this thread is in "Hardware and Other Software".

pjeudy

26 Jun 2016

First impressions Using HS8 minitors
Graphics UI:
1.I like the old rusty look, nice detail when you Move the individuals components it reveals the inner circuits. :thumbs_up:
Punchbox inside.png
Punchbox inside.png (618.96 KiB) Viewed 3381 times
But the cool visuals comes at a price, if it wasn't for the hardware look they where aiming for, this device would be a lot smaller then what it is...and it's huge. I've looked but, can't find a resize option anywhere....but it's really nice to look at!

2. FX Devices:
They sound absolutely fantastic.Filter,bit crusher,EQ,limiter and distortion all sound good and have a nice amount of parameters to sculpt your sound.
Obviously you can import ad export your own Sample Kicks. Also when using the sign generator you can Tune your Kick to any key you want as it has a Frequency/note display.
I wish it had a True solo mode to quickly isolate a module when creating your sound. As it stands now, you basically have to mute all other Module in order to isolate the one that you are interested in and then turn the rest on and off as you need to get a closer listen to that particular module. Again , it's not the end of the world but would be cool to have.

I've only spent a few minutes with it...but I can tell you this will not be coming to REASON anytime soon in it's current form if at all :-(
Compared to KICK 2 D16 punchbox is way more future rich and will enable you to create a wider variety of Kicks , more so then Sonic Academy KICK 2 In my opinion. But I I love about SA K2 is the visual feedback and the speed you can create some cool kicks if your not in the mood getting deep into Synthesizing a kick drum. Other then that D16 punch looks and sounds great.

Dante

26 Jun 2016

Dave909 wrote:
All purchases will have a cut-off price - a price below which you would buy and above which you would not buy.

musicman

26 Jul 2017

I've just purchased Punchbox after demo'ing it for a few days. Great sounds right out of the box which helps when I'm feeling lazy and need inspiration which in itself is worth the £65 :puf_bigsmile:

• Information