PANORAMA & IMPACT UPDATE FOR REASON

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
decibel

22 Jun 2016

might be time to dust off the old p6 ?

PANORAMA & IMPACT UPDATE FOR REASON - AVAILABLE NOW
REASON 9 READY
Nektar DAW Integration is now not only compatible with Reason 9, but also includes mapping for the 3 new player devices included in Reason 9.
Note Echo, Scales and Chords as well as Dual Arpeggio are each custom mapped, giving the most complete real-time control experience possible. Impact and Panorama continue to support any Reason version from 5.0 and up.

REDRUM: STEPPING IT UP WITH PANORAMA
Taking advantage of new control options in the Reason Remote SDK, Panorama now allows full control of the ReDrum step sequencer.

As drums are triggered or selected using the pads, steps can be quickly edited using the LED buttons. If a step is active, the LED is illuminated, clearly indicating the sequence and state of each step.

If you own a Panorama (this feature is not available on Impact), here is how it works:
• Press the display button labelled [Steps] to toggle 'Enable Pattern Section' in Reason. 
• Press the display button labelled [Seq] causes the controls to remap as follows:
• LED buttons: select steps 1-8 in step bank for last triggered drum
• [SHIFT]+LED buttons: select drum without triggering.
• Encoders above the faders: Set velocity level (1 of 4) for steps 1-8 in selected step bank
• [Toggle/Mute] button: Hold to control steps 9-16 rather than 1-8 in the current step bank. Release to return to 1-8
• [Toggle/View]: view the step sequencer in the display
• Press [Instrument] to return to control ReDrum

STANDARD MAPPING TAKES NEKTAR SUPPORT TO 375 RACK EXTENSIONS
Standard mapping is a new approach that map the most important parameters of a device, such as for example filter cutoff, resonance and envelopes. Following a predefined layout, controls are mapped to the same parameters across RE’s making it easy to control devices when changing tracks.

GRAB A PARAMETER WHEN YOU NEED IT
When inspiration strikes, all other parameters on the device can be accessed quickly and easily through Nektar's nifty 'grab' feature - a temporary override for any control, with instant access to parameters on the active instrument.

Here is how you use the 'Grab' feature:
• Press and hold the [Shift] button
• Move the parameter (or multiple if you need more) in the Reason GUI.
• Release [Shift] and move the controls in Instrument mode you want the parameters assigned to.
Assignments cannot be recalled and are temporary overrides only.

CUSTOM vs STANDARD MAPPING
Standard mapping doesn’t replace the existing custom mapping for legacy devices but instead provides a uniform and faster way to generate mapping for new Rack Extensions.
This means that updates to the Nektar DAW Integration for Reason will be more frequent, ensuring Nektar hardware is able to control even relatively recent Rack Extensions.

gak

22 Jun 2016

Interesting.

normen

22 Jun 2016

gak wrote:Interesting.
That avatar gives me pain, what the heck did they do to his right hand??? XD

orthodox
RE Developer

22 Jun 2016

normen wrote:That avatar gives me pain, what the heck did they do to his right hand??? XD
Probably reattached someone else's left hand in that place.

-008'

22 Jun 2016

shoowee... :)

Been waiting to see this, thanks a lot for posting!
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

iramrezso

22 Jun 2016

P4 is buggy by Players. It often does not recognizes some button presses. For example when navigating back to Scals&Chords from a different instrument, it ignores the "Chords" button. I have to press a different one (maybe "Add") twice to be able to use other buttons again.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

22 Jun 2016

iramrezso wrote:P4 is buggy by Players. It often does not recognizes some button presses. For example when navigating back to Scals&Chords from a different instrument, it ignores the "Chords" button. I have to press a different one (maybe "Add") twice to be able to use other buttons again.
I picked up some issues with that remotefile, thought it may have just been me.

We have a nektar person on this thread http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php ... &start=175 so feel free to comment there (not saying he is reading it, but you never know, once I get it confirmed what I'm seeing I will open a support call with them),
Note: also I did the player's mapping the other day which is on the same thread (plus we have mapped out a lot of RE's there and I think our mappings are a lot better than the ones they have just released).

iramrezso

22 Jun 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote: I picked up some issues with that remotefile, thought it may have just been me.

We have a nektar person on this thread http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php ... &start=175 so feel free to comment there (not saying he is reading it, but you never know, once I get it confirmed what I'm seeing I will open a support call with them),
Note: also I did the player's mapping the other day which is on the same thread (plus we have mapped out a lot of RE's there and I think our mappings are a lot better than the ones they have just released).
It's really a shame from Nektar.

TChandler

22 Jun 2016

Yes I see an issue with the scales and chords device support. This will be fixed in the next update. Thanks for spotting this. Please don't report bugs on this forum though, these bug reports need to be logged at www.nektartech.com/support to get them into our system.

dagwood

22 Jun 2016

TChandler wrote:Yes I see an issue with the scales and chords device support. This will be fixed in the next update.
Please tell me this update doesn't take until 2017..?

Darwin

22 Jun 2016

Where can I find the R9 update for my P4? I hate Nectars website, Its impossible to navigate it successfully
:question: Darwin

gak

22 Jun 2016

normen wrote:
gak wrote:Interesting.
That avatar gives me pain, what the heck did they do to his right hand??? XD
Looks fine to me.

Odd that that one was noticed when the others that were FAR more cryptic never got the time of day :lol:

That will be my goal the rest of the day, find normen a new avatar that is cryptic and doesn't give him a pain :o

gak

22 Jun 2016

There, back to complete confusion.

OverneathTheSkyBridg

24 Jun 2016

Does the Grab feature they describe work for anyone? Doesn't work for me..... in fact the only thing that does work is the Redrum Step Sequencer which I like.

• Information