Zoom H4n Pro

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Yonatan

04 Jun 2016

Bringing these outside gives a scifi look or that you work for the environmental department or the secret service. Never dare bringing to a consert if wanna be discrete.

stratatonic

06 Jun 2016

joeyluck wrote:
stratatonic wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
stratatonic wrote:Wasn't the original H4n already "pro"? I thought it sounded pretty damn good...
The preamps were updated to the ones found on the H5 and H6. So, they are in fact quieter. But yes, it has been used on many pro sets from my experience. Great recorders. This one just got a little better. If you are in the market for one, I still recommend the H5 over the H4n Pro. Unless 4-track recording and built-in effects is something of more interest. The H5 can do overdubs, it's just not as straight forward as the H4n's MTR mode.
Interesting that they are "reverting" back to an earlier model...Maybe a lot of photo/videographers are still using the H4n?...The updates here do look pretty impressive. I'll stick with my amateur H4n though until it breaks...:)
Yeah there still seems to be a market for it. Some folks would rather save $50 to not have things like the interchangeable mic capsule system. And the H4n is such a popular model name.

Speaking of breaking, that's a plus I see with the H5; the user can replace the mics if needed without replacing the entire unit.
The battery life of the old model was excellent as well. Hopefully that continues as well.

• Information