Though not an RE - Any Opinions of IRIS 2?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
K1TTENM1TTEN

13 May 2016

I am writing here as this seems to be the most "alive" forum, anyone have any experience with IRIS 2? It is currently on sale for $49 for the next 14 minutes at http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid?src=3TP6EDA and so I figured I would ask if it is worth it?

selig
RE Developer

13 May 2016

But this is the RE forum, and we already have a forum specifically for "Hardware and Other Software". Among other things, putting it here will make it more difficult to find in the future…so I've moved it!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

K1TTENM1TTEN

13 May 2016

Actually, if you want to you can just delete this thread, the promotion is now over :-)

platzangst

14 May 2016

For what it's worth: I think if you are into experimental sound design, Iris would have been well worth 50 bucks or so. Iris basically allows you to draw a filter onto a spectrograph of a loaded sample, along with "magic wand" tools that can try to isolate bits of sound and harmonics. Drawing one thin line horizontally across your sample would be like making a narrow band-pass filter. A thin vertical line would act like a brief gate. But since the control is graphic-based, you can make as many lines or shapes going in different directions as you please. Combine that with other basic sampling features - looping, playback direction, and such - and it's possible to craft some unusual sounds.

• Information