Akai MPC Renaissance & Reason

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Riverman

10 May 2016

Is anyone using the Akai Renaissance and Reason together? Do they play well?
The fact that it's an audio interface is pretty good... Can you control Reason with it?
Thanks in advance.
"Time is a sort of river of passing events, and strong is its current;
no sooner is a thing brought to sight than it is swept by and another takes its place,
and this too will be swept away." - Marcus Aurelius

OverneathTheSkyBridg

21 May 2016

Yes, you can use it and it's little brother MPC Studio as a MIDI controller in Reason. The catch is you have to have the MPC Software running to do it which isn't a big deal seeing as it's pretty lightweight. You set you MPC Ren/Studio into "Other" mode and it allows you to map the pads and a variety of the buttons. It's also great that you can map 8 different banks of the 16 pads giving you 128 total pad mappings.

MPC Software is way ahead of Reason as far as sampling and beat programming is concerned. I've barely used Redrum or Kong since I got an MPC Studio, and I use it in tandem with Reason as a MIDI sync slave with it's audio running through separate audio ports as an audio loopback.

mreese80

21 May 2016

Riverman wrote:Is anyone using the Akai Renaissance and Reason together? Do they play well?
The fact that it's an audio interface is pretty good... Can you control Reason with it?
Thanks in advance.

Yes you can. I use my ren to control the kong.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

Riverman

24 Jun 2016

mreese80 wrote:
Riverman wrote:Is anyone using the Akai Renaissance and Reason together? Do they play well?
Thanks in advance.

Yes you can. I use my ren to control the kong.
Thanks
no sooner is a thing brought to sight than it is swept by and another takes its place,

Riverman

24 Jun 2016

OverneathTheSkyBridg wrote:Yes, you can use it and it's little brother MPC Studio as a MIDI controller in Reason. The catch is you have to have the MPC Software running to do it which isn't a big deal seeing as it's pretty lightweight. You set you MPC Ren/Studio into "Other" mode and it allows you to map the pads and a variety of the buttons. It's also great that you can map 8 different banks of the 16 pads giving you 128 total pad mappings.

MPC Software is way ahead of Reason as far as sampling and beat programming is concerned. I've barely used Redrum or Kong since I got an MPC Studio, and I use it in tandem with Reason as a MIDI sync slave with it's audio running through separate audio ports as an audio loopback.
Oh wow! Thanks

• Information