Moog Model 15 app!

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
selig
RE Developer

06 May 2016

chimp_spanner wrote:One feature which is really nice - and would work fantastically in Reason - is double press a source, scroll, double press a destination. Dragging cables in Reason across multiple racks really is hassle. I know you can use the right click menu but with a lot of devices it can get really confusing. Would be great if you could double press Mod Env CV Out (or whatever), go to another device, double press a CV in and it's connected. Is it even worth sending a feature suggestion? :lol:
+1 to this suggestion - simple and elegant!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Olivier

06 May 2016

chimp_spanner wrote:One feature which is really nice - and would work fantastically in Reason - is double press a source, scroll, double press a destination. Dragging cables in Reason across multiple racks really is hassle. I know you can use the right click menu but with a lot of devices it can get really confusing. Would be great if you could double press Mod Env CV Out (or whatever), go to another device, double press a CV in and it's connected. Is it even worth sending a feature suggestion? :lol:
+1, Send it in :)
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

chimp_spanner

06 May 2016

Okay I did it! Also included long press to select custom cable colour.

Neo

06 May 2016

http://www.moogmusic.com/products/apps/model-15-app

Neo,

We currently do not have any releases on plan for Propellerhead Software. We have however, just released a new app for 64-bit iOS devices:
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

Benedict
Competition Winner

06 May 2016

Neo wrote: We have however, just released a new app for 64-bit iOS devices:
Ummm, duh! What a dumb and condescending response.

Thanks for asking and sharing tho.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Loque

07 May 2016

Neo wrote:http://www.moogmusic.com/products/apps/model-15-app

Neo,

We currently do not have any releases on plan for Propellerhead Software. We have however, just released a new app for 64-bit iOS devices:
As long as the hipster uber expensive device gets support... Thats the new Moog :thumbs_down:
Reason12, Win10

joeyluck

07 May 2016

Loque wrote:

Neo,

As long as the hipster uber expensive device gets support... Thats the new Moog :thumbs_down:
This will run on an iPod Touch.
Though, an iPad is probably more optimal.
It will run on an iPad Mini 2 which is only $269.

They really are incredible devices compared to other tablets. When you consider the design, the strengths of the OS, and the huge app market... Apple worked directly with Moog on helping to make things like this app possible.

Not sure how I have managed this long to still not have one (I always end up borrowing one for sound checks at theatres).

chimp_spanner

07 May 2016

Loque wrote:

Neo,

Completely OT but is your display pic a UT '99 character? Because I just dusted my copy off and have been playing all morning haha.

I mean...I picked up my Air 2 for £300, second hand. It now replaces my POD HD Pro (£600 when it was new), iOS ports of VST plugins are typically a fraction of the price, it's a drum machine, a granular sampler/synthesis engine, a field recorder, an audio editor, an outboard processor. The latency is great. The sound quality is awesome. It's fast. And so on and so on. If I was to buy all the things I have in app form separately it'd run up into the thousands.

Obviously with Apple stuff there's an element of premium pricing involved, because their brand is all about perceived value. And I do think that's kind of unfortunate. Maybe, in light of their recent profit losses, they'll have to come down off their perch a bit and get a bit more competitive. The time is fast approaching where just being an Apple product won't be good enough any more. And *if* Android ever gets anything approaching core-audio...then it's game over. Of course by that point I will have sunk so much into iOS apps, I probably couldn't leave even if I wanted to haha.

Loque

07 May 2016

chimp_spanner wrote:
Loque wrote:

Neo,

Completely OT but is your display pic a UT '99 character? Because I just dusted my copy off and have been playing all morning haha.

I mean...I picked up my Air 2 for £300, second hand. It now replaces my POD HD Pro (£600 when it was new), iOS ports of VST plugins are typically a fraction of the price, it's a drum machine, a granular sampler/synthesis engine, a field recorder, an audio editor, an outboard processor. The latency is great. The sound quality is awesome. It's fast. And so on and so on. If I was to buy all the things I have in app form separately it'd run up into the thousands.

Obviously with Apple stuff there's an element of premium pricing involved, because their brand is all about perceived value. And I do think that's kind of unfortunate. Maybe, in light of their recent profit losses, they'll have to come down off their perch a bit and get a bit more competitive. The time is fast approaching where just being an Apple product won't be good enough any more. And *if* Android ever gets anything approaching core-audio...then it's game over. Of course by that point I will have sunk so much into iOS apps, I probably couldn't leave even if I wanted to haha.
Yes it is... And i already sank enuf money for RE. No need to lose more in the Apple shop...
Reason12, Win10

chimp_spanner

07 May 2016

I mean if you don't personally need it, then that's fine. I don't see that I'm losing anything because there are things my iPad can do that Reason simply can't (there is no equivalent to Turnado, or Borderlands, or Sector, or Geoshred, etc. etc.) and they work brilliantly together.

But that's only my situation. If it's not what you need then it's not a problem - just don't buy it :) PolyModular and A-Series will get you pretty close to the Model 15 in the modular sense, but I guess it's the "Moog sound" that people are after.

All of that said I will stop buying apps for a while. Reason 9 is coming soon...right? :lol:

Faastwalker

08 May 2016

Just came across this video demoing a real Moog 15 modular.

Sounds so bloody good. If only I had a spare $10,000 just lying around!! :shock:

madmacman

09 May 2016

Faastwalker wrote: Sounds so bloody good. If only I had a spare $10,000 just lying around!! :shock:
There are some manufacturers who offer a "clone" model 15 for a lot less money.

"Club of the knobs" or "mos-lab" come to my mind. Just google it...

Faastwalker

10 May 2016

madmacman wrote:
Faastwalker wrote: Sounds so bloody good. If only I had a spare $10,000 just lying around!! :shock:
There are some manufacturers who offer a "clone" model 15 for a lot less money.

"Club of the knobs" or "mos-lab" come to my mind. Just google it...
Come to think of I've seen the Mos-Lab stuff before. But I didn't know they made a Model 15 clone. Very cool;

http://www.mos-lab.com/

Still out of my depth though. Maybe if my lotto numbers come up :(

• Information