Harrison Mixbus32C

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Gulale

28 Apr 2016

You know me I get you the latest news about Harrison Mixbus. This is the new Mixbus. You can call it Mixbus Pro
Gulale aka Bereket

gak

29 Apr 2016

Yeah, no demo for more than triple the price.

That's gonna be a "no" :lol:

Ahornberg

29 Apr 2016

Hm, I think it is again based on Ardour ...

Marco Raaphorst

29 Apr 2016

So this DAW sounds different? Haha :D

normen

29 Apr 2016

Marco Raaphorst wrote:So this DAW sounds different? Haha :D
Actually it does, which is the worrying thing ;)

Marco Raaphorst

29 Apr 2016

normen wrote:
Actually it does, which is the worrying thing ;)
:)

Gulale

29 Apr 2016

Ahornberg wrote:Hm, I think it is again based on Ardour ...
Yes it is based on Ardour I even managed to open previous project but it doesn't bring the EQ part to Mixbus32C. But EQing allover agin was a joy.
Gulale aka Bereket

Ahornberg

29 Apr 2016

Gulale wrote:
Yes it is based on Ardour I even managed to open previous project but it doesn't bring the EQ part to Mixbus32C. But EQing allover agin was a joy.
so I assume it will be as unstable as my actual Mixbus version on my windows-laptop :(

Gulale

29 Apr 2016

Ahornberg wrote:
Gulale wrote:
so I assume it will be as unstable as my actual Mixbus version on my windows-laptop :(
I don't even know which version of Mixbus you are using. Before this release, I have used Mixbus 3.3 and it was working like a charm. I use it in a daily bases and no problem. Keep in mind I mix with it I don't use MIDI. I have Logic and Studio one for that. It has been like 4 month since I had my crash with Mixbus. Oh I'm on Mac. Your version of Mixbus has to be Mixbus v3.3.67 by now.
Gulale aka Bereket

QVprod

29 Apr 2016

I know the EQ is different, and there are 4 additional buses and the circuitry is modeled. Is it that much of a noticeable improvement over the regular Mixbus?

Ahornberg

29 Apr 2016

Gulale wrote:
Ahornberg wrote:
Gulale wrote:
I don't even know which version of Mixbus you are using. Before this release, I have used Mixbus 3.3 and it was working like a charm. I use it in a daily bases and no problem. Keep in mind I mix with it I don't use MIDI. I have Logic and Studio one for that. It has been like 4 month since I had my crash with Mixbus. Oh I'm on Mac. Your version of Mixbus has to be Mixbus v3.3.67 by now.
I had troubles in every version from 3.1 to 3.3, especially with VST plugins and with my high sreen resolution of 3840 x 2160 px. Mixbus takes long to start up and has a slow screen response while editing automation lines. On the other hand I seldom had a real crash and I never lost any data on a crash because it seems to make backups very often.

Gulale

29 Apr 2016

QVprod wrote:I know the EQ is different, and there are 4 additional buses and the circuitry is modeled. Is it that much of a noticeable improvement over the regular Mixbus?
For me it has. without engaging the EQ the separation between instruments was noticeable and CPU also down by 20 percent so overall Mixbus doesn't stand Mixbus32C.
Gulale aka Bereket

Gulale

29 Apr 2016

Ahornberg wrote:
Gulale wrote:
Ahornberg wrote:
Gulale wrote:
I had troubles in every version from 3.1 to 3.3, especially with VST plugins and with my high sreen resolution of 3840 x 2160 px. Mixbus takes long to start up and has a slow screen response while editing automation lines. On the other hand I seldom had a real crash and I never lost any data on a crash because it seems to make backups very often.
Sorry to here your problem I'm on Mac and I have no problem of automation lines.
Gulale aka Bereket

Ahornberg

29 Apr 2016

Gulale wrote:
Ahornberg wrote:
Gulale wrote:
Ahornberg wrote:
Gulale wrote:
Sorry to here your problem I'm on Mac and I have no problem of automation lines.
But btw for what do you use the busses in Mixbus ... like FX sends or sike subgroups?

Gulale

29 Apr 2016

I use them for reverb and smack. After 12 busses and considerable DSP down I'm able to load 4 reverberate fusion IR without worrying too much. But in the past I had to be careful a lot like sending a bass through the master bus and applying the tape in the master. There was too much compromising and carefulness. Not anymore now since I have experience in limited 8 bus. Lets say in the past I used to put keys together but not now. I usually don't like stereo track so every time I get stereo I convert them to individual mono that way I can treat them differently. I don't use utility bus for that reason.
Gulale aka Bereket

gak

30 Apr 2016

Let's be honest for a couple (I know it's hard, but bear with me)

What is "rock solid" for some is "too buggy" for others. There are so many different controller/PC/vst/etc that it's nearly impossible to keep up with.

Recently have been flirting with tracktion. Good program, got ver7 for about 40 usd. But it's a nightmare compared to reason EVEN THOUGH I demoed it for weeks before buying. The more I learn and use, the more broken shit I find.

The point I'm making is that w/o a demo it's too hard to even know if it works for you at all. If your product is solid, make it like reason. Offer a 30 day demo/unrestricted demo. If it's the shizzle, people will buy it.....guaranteed.

Gulale

30 Apr 2016

Totally agree with you Gak some type of Demo is has to be a must. For me, I spend much more money for one Re than Mixbus as initial investment. I think it was 79USD well spent. I totally understand your point Demo is a must period. I think the reason why they don't bring demo is cause of the activation system. It is not dongle like others or online with internet verification. It is just on encrypted text file which you put on home folder. May be if they change the activation system they can give demo.
Gulale aka Bereket

Karim
Competition Winner

30 Apr 2016

It has a "sound" [emoji1]

Inviato dal mio GT-I9301I utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Ahornberg

30 Apr 2016

lemec wrote:
It has a "sound" [emoji1]

Inviato dal mio GT-I9301I utilizzando Tapatalk
you mean the tape saturation?