My UAD-Licenses for Reason package

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
mataya

26 Apr 2016

Hi,

I'm done with my UAD-2 platform and would like to sell my plugin licenses. It's hard to sell those so I was thinking, maybe it would be best to try to exchange it for something I plan to buy anyway.
So if someone is interested I would like to exchange all of my licenses for Reason with plenty of Rack extensions...because I have a lot of UAD licenses. Worth around 5000euro.
I would also be interested in lower Reason value if you're willing to pay the value difference.

Let me know if you're intereseted.

I've attached a list of my plugin licenses from my UAD account.
uads.jpg
uads.jpg (230.06 KiB) Viewed 1504 times

Alkua

26 Apr 2016

That's a really good collection of plugins. Just for curiosity, why you want to get rid of your plugins and jump into Reason?

mataya

26 Apr 2016

I don't like where UAD is going with their plugins anymore and the prices too. To many third party developers and the hardware is again getting behind plugins. Quad is not really cheap and you can loose all that power with just a few preamp emulators. In other words, it's getting pretty expensive for me and you can get similar stuff from slate, eventide, softube etc.
And I want reason because I like where they'r going, plus I want to make some music with it, because it's like no other software around.

Hope someone want's this deal.

Tx
M

MarkTarlton

26 Apr 2016

it's not allowed to trade RE's so your best bet is to sell your UAD stuff since you can, and than buy this package...it comes with a ton of goodies! although I personally prefer the sound of UAD plug ins I think you can make that decision yourself :)

https://shop.propellerheads.se/bundle/reason-all-rigs/

mataya

26 Apr 2016

Crap! I did not know that you can't transfer licenses for Reason. To bad. Looks like I'm really going to have to sold it first, which seemed like impossible so far.
Anyway, I'll keep trying.

Sorry that this had to be my first post here. It seems like a really nice and helpful community here. Hope I'll have more time to explore the boards.

Thanks guys.

mataya

26 Apr 2016

Just wanted to add that I agree that UAD plugs are the best around, but also they are not the only choice today if you want excellent quality for working with sound.
Waves are great if you want crazy tools(example. it's really hard to find a compressor with 1sec attack time...c1 has it...try to find another vst plug :))
Slate, sound toys, U-he, Eventide, plugin alliance...all great plugs and there are more of course.
Great thing about Reason is that more and more of those quality stuff has become available in reason without the need for rewire.
And also, Reason just seem like a package that is changing "internally" and getting better all the time, without making a user/owner having to worry about those changes effecting their work. For example, UAD just stopped supporting Roland and you can't do anything about it. Also, I've tried Reason and it's so music friendly that I just feel like anything is possible when I start making music with it. Everything feels so logical and "real world" like.
I'm also an owner of FLstudio and it's great that they have lifetime upgrade policy for example, but they changed the platform so much that it became unusable for me from version 12. I also own Nuendo for post production in picture that I do on my day job, but Reason is something completely different when making electronic music and I like it that way.

tx
M

normen

26 Apr 2016

mataya wrote:UAD just stopped supporting Roland and you can't do anything about it.
Its rather looks like Roland stopped supporting Uaudio :)

Otherwise yeah, if you want meticulous emulations of analog gear theres basically no way around Uaudio but by now the ratio of DSP use vs actual improvements in emulation is becoming a bit ridiculous. Sure they might get a wee bit closer to the original but omg, on my Quad Apollo I can run 8 instances of the new Neve 88RS channel strip - I can run 96(!) of the original one.. And even back then loads of experienced engineers said they can basically not make out any difference... So yeah.. Still their science in doing this is the best out there. They cooperate closely with Stanfort University to drive it even further.

If you want "perfect" digital audio processing plugins (not analog emulations) then theres no way around Sonnox plugins. Apart from a few specialty plugins like Drumagog, Drum Leveler and Vocal Rider I basically only use UAD and Sonnox plugins these days for mixing.

As for creative use of plugins and synths/samples while not unnecessarily straining you CPU Reason is the perfect playground. Apart from a few orchestral "VST's" (AUS in my case) I am solely using Reason to create sounds / music and already sold a few customers to using Reason. Its flexibility is just beyond anything else out there.

Dante

26 Apr 2016

@Mataya, you could do what I do. Use Reason for mixing, and UAD - DSP for mastering. This way your plugins on DSP (UAD) Are fixed with no need to buy any more, and future investment all towards Reason RE's. I run 4 stock mastering plugs on DSP (Scope) - eg Mid-side EQ, enhancer, multiband comp, brickwall limiter- but mixing is all Reason SSL. Then run the whole system (Reason and DSP) at 96KHz.

You get the best of both worlds, the cost effectiveness of REs and the awesome sound of DSP. And don have to worry about instance counts on DSP.

Get that up and running as a system, and you wont regret it !

mataya

27 Apr 2016

I just saw Reason offering for 299US and I think I'm going to buy it and start collecting extension that I like.
If there's a person out there for my UAD offer, I hope he'll find me trough my adds. If not, I still own a great piece of software plugs for my work.

Once again guys, thanks.

M

mataya

27 Apr 2016

@Dante, I actually use my UAD stuff in audio post production, VO's, vocal groups in dubbing or mastering. But if you plan to mix with only UAD plugs, you better get lots of DSPs if you want to use some newer UAD stuff.

joeyluck

27 Apr 2016

mataya wrote:Crap! I did not know that you can't transfer licenses for Reason. To bad. Looks like I'm really going to have to sold it first, which seemed like impossible so far.
Anyway, I'll keep trying.

Sorry that this had to be my first post here. It seems like a really nice and helpful community here. Hope I'll have more time to explore the boards.

Thanks guys.
To be clear, you can transfer licenses for the Reason application.
You cannot however transfer licenses for Rack Extensions.

Rack Extensions are tied directly to your Propellerhead user account.
If you were to buy Reason and Rack Extensions and sell/transfer your Reason license, your Rack Extensions would still remain with your Propellerhead account indefinitely.

I am a fan of Reason. But understand that what you are able to do now with selling/trading your UAD plugin licenses you will not be able to do with your Rack Extensions. Just something to consider as you begin making investments in the format.

mataya

28 Apr 2016

Oh yes joeyluck, you've been very clear and I thank you.
Important thing to consider, you're absolutely right.

tx
M

O1B

03 May 2016

Levelers, Pultecs, Maxi-Limiters, Classic to Specialty EQs, Comps, Gates, De-essers, Reverbs, Chorus, Pitch Control...

Yep, Reason has all those. But I do have my eye on the All-Inclusive X32 for the final Mix n Master Stages.
Did you get the unit working, J-Luck? I haven't a clue.
And, it Looks like there's little experience with those devices on here:
http://reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 32#p253332
joeyluck wrote:I am trying to use an X32 at a theatre with Qlab.
I want to simply assign outputs of the X32 from Qlab.

joeyluck

03 May 2016

O1B wrote:Levelers, Pultecs, Maxi-Limiters, Classic to Specialty EQs, Comps, Gates, De-essers, Reverbs, Chorus, Pitch Control...

Yep, Reason has all those. But I do have my eye on the All-Inclusive X32 for the final Mix n Master Stages.
Did you get the unit working, J-Luck? I haven't a clue.
And, it Looks like there's little experience with those devices on here:
http://reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 32#p253332
joeyluck wrote:I am trying to use an X32 at a theatre with Qlab.
I want to simply assign outputs of the X32 from Qlab.
Yes Behringer was able to answer my question. Wasn't able to figure it out before tech rehearsal began, so used a FCA610 instead for the show. Will be able to use the X32 with QLab for the next show.

Gulale

09 May 2016

Actually most of the plugin that I'm watching can be acquired by purchasing UAD Octo satellite and that I will pay for about 1300 USD depending on the type of product. What type of UAD product you having? Apollo, Satellite which one? I will give you 600 to 700 and you can buy reason and whatever bundle you like.
Gulale aka Bereket

• Information