Eleven Rack by Pro-Tools (Your Thoughts)

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Rice

26 Apr 2016

Hello everyone,

I am wondering if any of you own and use the Eleven Rack by Pro-Tools and also would love to know your opinions (good and bad) about it. I am considering purchasing it and I value your opinion more than those from the Pro-Tools site.

Thanks in advance!

bama

26 Apr 2016

Hi,
I own one, and I'm quite happy with it.
It came with Protools 10 and 11 which I don't use, cause Reason (7) does everything I need it to do.
It's easy to dial up the sounds I like (it had the latest expansion pack), once you've played around with everything to get the hang of things, and there's a standalone editor available for your PC or Mac.
It's pretty much a "one box does it all" kind of gadget.
I find most patches to be loaded with too much FX, but that's true of most guitar amp sims.
Take those back a bit, and you're good to go.
There's ample options in the way of amp, and cabinet choices,although I am thinking about sending the output through an AMT Pangaea. But that's just me, you get more than decent sounds with just what the unit offers.
If you don't want Protools it's available without for a good price, and Inthink you get more than your money's worth.
Don't wait around for the next update though, because on the Forums the opinion is mostly that it's not very high on the priority list, and it may, or may not come along.
I say, for the price you have to pay, it a great sounding unit, go get one, I believe you won't regret it.

Cheers,

Klaus

Rice

26 Apr 2016

Klaus,

Thank you for your thorough review of the Eleven Rack. I've been curious since it was introduced and wanted "real world" feedback from real users.

Thanks again

• Information