Anyone use an Akai MPD 232 with reason 8.3 (win)?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
gak

07 Mar 2016

Just curious.

Please post thoughts if.

gak

08 Mar 2016

So that's a no?

:lol:

The TFP has some very odd issues that are clearly never going to be corrected. It's fine, but I saw a finger drummer using this and thought it was interesting. Problem is not many others seem to be reviewing it and I don't know if it's because it sucks, is too expensive for what it is, or people are tired of talking about controllers :?

okeribok

15 Jul 2016

Mpd 232 seems interesting, but it's all I. The software. Simply mapping in an editor is not enough. It needs to map intelligently and automatically to multiple devices, while also being partly fixed to the mixer. Since every hardware manufacturer appears to be in love with Ableton, I feel us reason users are being neglected.

Having said that, I think that novation circuit could be very useful as a reason controller. And it is more than averagely hackable. One could built an interesting control scheme via webmidi if one only had one of these devices...

Back on topic: mpd 232 is plenty expensive. I suggest mpd 218 and something like a used remote sl zero, launchcontrol or beHringer x mini on the side. Same price or cheaper, you get to discover akai-reason inter operabolity plus another controller that probably offers more bang for the buck than the extra sliders and sequencer on the 232. Let us know what you find ;-)

• Information