CRAZY deal at sonalksis.com right now

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Theo.M

11 Feb 2016

Guys.. they were the first dev many years back where plugins were considered to have made a big "leap in quality".. and they were $350 PER plugin.

And people payed it!

With the coupon FOCUS60, for the next 2 days, you can have EVERY plugin they ever made, mac/pc vst/au 32/64 bit, for $208 :shock:

I got it cause even though I don't like them all, it made sense money wise to just buy the bundle then adding each one i wanted to cart.

I think the 3 "one knob" plugins are very special, i think the GATE and COMP are wonderful, i think the EQ is "ok", I think the DYNAMIC EQ is fantastic, i think the stereo tool is great, i think the mastering limiters are no good, and are better used not on full mixes but on individual tracks for fx IF NEEDED, where they can be very useful.

So basically i think 80% of their catalog rocks, and you all know i have good taste in plugs. I also like that the comp has specific programming to NOT cause clicks or miss first attacks after stop or pause :) That's so cool.

Anyway, i wish i had told you guys about the sale sooner. i demoed every plugin (i have experience with them for many years but haven't owned them for a long time), for hours yesterday on a ton of music and it was a no brainer for me. the cpu is like barely a blip on any of them and they were stable as rock. Just wanted to pass this awesome deal info on before it expires soon! Cheers

http://www.sonalksis.com/studio1.htm
don't forget to put the coupon code in :D

Tincture

11 Feb 2016

Theo... it's you or a bot but bad things are happening in your name.... ... .. (432)

Theo.M

11 Feb 2016

Tincture wrote:Theo... it's you or a bot but bad things are happening in your name.... ... .. (432)

no they are not.. IT is Theo and i am not a bot, and nothing bad is happening in my name. Why are you following my posts and doing this? You also abused another person BADLY that made a post saying goodbye to reason. I hope you're ok as i have no clue what you are doing.

:(

EnochLight

13 Feb 2016

Theo.M wrote:Guys.. they were the first dev many years back where plugins were considered to have made a big "leap in quality".. and they were $350 PER plugin.

And people payed it!

With the coupon FOCUS60, for the next 2 days, you can have EVERY plugin they ever made, mac/pc vst/au 32/64 bit, for $208 :shock:

I got it cause even though I don't like them all, it made sense money wise to just buy the bundle then adding each one i wanted to cart.

I think the 3 "one knob" plugins are very special, i think the GATE and COMP are wonderful, i think the EQ is "ok", I think the DYNAMIC EQ is fantastic, i think the stereo tool is great, i think the mastering limiters are no good, and are better used not on full mixes but on individual tracks for fx IF NEEDED, where they can be very useful.

So basically i think 80% of their catalog rocks, and you all know i have good taste in plugs. I also like that the comp has specific programming to NOT cause clicks or miss first attacks after stop or pause :) That's so cool.

Anyway, i wish i had told you guys about the sale sooner. i demoed every plugin (i have experience with them for many years but haven't owned them for a long time), for hours yesterday on a ton of music and it was a no brainer for me. the cpu is like barely a blip on any of them and they were stable as rock. Just wanted to pass this awesome deal info on before it expires soon! Cheers

http://www.sonalksis.com/studio1.htm
don't forget to put the coupon code in :D
Wow - great deal!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

decibel

13 Feb 2016

i assume they do black friday deals ? (this is about $300 aud, and im dead broke currently)

O1B

14 Feb 2016

I think the 3 "one knob" plugins are very special
I concur, Theo. Grimeboxes.. Very nice results.

I also have Stereo Tools - and, of course FreeG.

Any value in Sonalksis' multi band plugs - over Fab's Saturn? or Melda MDynamic EQs?

Biolumin3sc3nt

15 Feb 2016

I absolutely love the creative filter - I use it in almost every project - thanx for the heads up Theo and good to see you back! I already have the bundle tho. Hopefully some other cats see the deal and pick em up

Theo.M

15 Feb 2016

O1B wrote:
I think the 3 "one knob" plugins are very special
I concur, Theo. Grimeboxes.. Very nice results.

I also have Stereo Tools - and, of course FreeG.

Any value in Sonalksis' multi band plugs - over Fab's Saturn? or Melda MDynamic EQs?
well saturn is something totally different as it's a multi band distortion. Sonalksis's multi band plugins are a compressor, EQ, and a limiter. For me, the dynamic EQ is the special one.. and i find it 100x easier (and prettier to be frank) to use than Melda's dynamic EQ (which is probably more powerful, but i get instant results with sonalksis). I have to be totally honest here, i just don't get along with melda plugins in general at all. Every single one of them without exception, seems like the programmer has tried to cram every mathematical feature in existence for that type of effect, and made it very annoying to use (again IMO). I also find all of them to be average in sound, in other words, they are good on paper but not in the real world.

O1B

16 Feb 2016

well saturn is something totally different as it's a multi band distortion. Sonalksis's multi band plugins are a compressor, EQ, and a limiter.
Turn off the Distortion/Saturation, and your left with a MB compressor and MB EQ. - very capable, in fact.
Sonalksis's multi band plugins are a compressor, EQ, and a limiter. For me, the dynamic EQ is the special one.. and i find it 100x easier (and prettier to be frank) to use than Melda's dynamic EQ (which is probably more powerful, but i get instant results with sonalksis).
Ill go with Power over looks on this one, but thanks for the heads up. Ive gotten used to designing my own MBEQ in reason, when not using Melda or Saturn's Modulation Section (Env Fol.) Melda sounds just fine to me. I hear you on the feature-richness, but MDynamicEQ is something special for me. The Filters on Melda's plugs are powerful Bass enhancers, for me.
I have to be totally honest here, i just don't get along with melda plugins in general at all. Every single one of them without exception, seems like the programmer has tried to cram every mathematical feature in existence for that type of effect, and made it very annoying to use (again IMO). I also find all of them to be average in sound, in other words, they are good on paper but not in the real world.
Dan Worrall would disagree. But, to each his own. Thanks, Theo.
http://www.platinumears.com/software.html
"I have an extensive range of state of the art software available in my control room,"
Melda Productions: Creative Bundle | MDynamicEQ

• Information