Harrison Mixbus 3.1 is out with new GUI

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Gulale

09 Feb 2016

• External controller support
Generic MIDI controller
Motorized Fader controllers
iOS and Android tablet control

• More look&feel interface control and customization

• Favorite plug-in list and more plug-in management tools

• Pre & Post Fader plug-ins

• Expanded monitoring section
Gulale aka Bereket

gak

09 Feb 2016

Always been interested, but no demo: Not likely. Too many complaints about crashing with 3rd party plugs....which they just happen to make a nice disclaimer about "some" don't work ;) Plausible deniability. (BTW, did a double-take with the last word being underlined. I wonder if the spell check needs a look? )

Gulale

09 Feb 2016

I actually love it and have no problem with it since I use it for mixing purpose only. It doesn't support multi channel output for VSTi using AU on mac but I believe it supports on windows. Plus the DSP power to run Mixbus by itself is huge adding virtual instrument is not my wish. I prefer to use Studio one 3 for that. About stability, every update is an improvement. If users have a great idea and ask for it, the developers will bring it. They seriously listen. It is perfectly stable on my computer. Considering I don't use or install crack stuff and me updating all my drivers up to date also might contributed a lot for stability I guess. It is just my assumption I don't know about people's system.

Some plugins might not save their setting i.e. waves doubler tap delay I think didn't recall my setting if I remember correctly. I'm not exaggerating but at least I sit and mix songs for up to 6 or 7 hours continuously and mixbus has never disappointed me. Keep in mind it has also auto backup every 5 minute or whenever you mad a huge change like adding plugins or something. Cause just in case it crashes it will bring the back up.

I understand the Demo thing is really a deal breaker. I wouldn't even advice no one to buy it if their budget is tight. I spend that amount of money on a single plugin or booze easily and money was not an issue when I bought Mixbus. I just considered it as if I paid for the trial. And I'm glad I did.
Gulale aka Bereket

gak

09 Feb 2016

That's what I'd use it for. As good as reason is with stemming it would be sweet.

But what if I want to reamp and the amp sim doesn't work? Or if I'd like to use one of my missed vsts?

Anyways, it's no use whining about it because nothing is going to change. But there are some things I'd like to do sometimes in vst land than I can't do with reason. Always a fatal flaw though.

Ahornberg

10 Feb 2016

Im on Win 8.1 and editing audio in Mixbus is still a nightmare ... the more tracks I have in a song the slower it works.

Gulale

10 Feb 2016

Ahornberg wrote:Im on Win 8.1 and editing audio in Mixbus is still a nightmare ... the more tracks I have in a song the slower it works.
Amazing how our perception is deferent, Audio editing is where mixbus is shines actually. all you need is activating the smart tools and it changes the behaviour. G and D key will do the rest. Mixbus TouchOSC on my tablet now my workflow has been even faster. Punch in and out looping rewind man just perfect.

for me the night mare part is if I want to use it as a VSTi host. I wouldn't even advice anybody to do that.

Gulale aka Bereket

Ahornberg

10 Feb 2016

Gulale wrote:
Ahornberg wrote:Im on Win 8.1 and editing audio in Mixbus is still a nightmare ... the more tracks I have in a song the slower it works.
Amazing how our perception is deferent, Audio editing is where mixbus is shines actually. all you need is activating the smart tools and it changes the behaviour. G and D key will do the rest. Mixbus TouchOSC on my tablet now my workflow has been even faster. Punch in and out looping rewind man just perfect.

for me the night mare part is if I want to use it as a VSTi host. I wouldn't even advice anybody to do that.

Maybe my problem is WIndows-related. For example, I drag a point in an automation line and it takes a second until the GUI reflects my movement.

And yes, some VSTs do crash Mixbus.

• Information