Problem with Control Surface

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
thewwe

28 Dec 2015

Hello, I am new here, I have a problem and i really need your help guys.

I'm using Reason 8.1 Windows 7, as i keyboard i am using a Casio, and i just bought a Control Surface , a SAMSON Graphite MF8.

So i set in Prefference as a MIDI Control Keyboard my Casio and as a MIDI Control Surface the Samson.

I created something with a Combinator, and i try to use my faders for volumes and my knoobs for I don't know yet what (maybe reverbs).

But there's a problem: I set one of the fader mapping one of the volume, and when i want to set one of the other faders to another volume it says that the Peech Wheel it's already used and it asked me if i want to replace the faders remotes.

How do i set Reason to accept one of my fader for a volume, and the other faders for the others volumes?

Sorry for my english guys.
Looking forward for your answers!

thewwe

29 Dec 2015

I'm sorry for double post, but does anyone knows the answer for my problem?

normen

29 Dec 2015

Register it as a "multichannel control surface", looks like your control surface puts out the same controller but on a different channel.

thewwe

29 Dec 2015

I already tried this, it wont allow me to move the pitchbend wheel from the remote.

so i set my keyboard as a MIDI control keyboard, and my Samson as a MIDI MUltichannel control surface.
It's weird because if i set the knoobs it works, but not the pitchbend.

normen

29 Dec 2015

Maybe the putch wheel spits out random messages and you inadvertedly assigned it instead of the controller you wanted?

thewwe

29 Dec 2015

So it's like if i move one of the pitch it is assigned as Pitch Wheel not as a CC##. Everything is good, but if i do the same again to another pitchbend, it is assiged as pitch wheel as well (if i set as a midi control surface).

If i set as midi multichannel control surface, and i want to move the fader, it didnt recognize the fader, and set a random Ch Cc00, but the fader still doesnt work.
Not the same problem for knoobs..

• Information