How long until we have real time audio slicing in Reason? Akai & Ableton have it already

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
mreese80

23 Dec 2015

How long until we have real time audio slicing in Reason? Akai & Ableton have it already. Props are so damn slow for everything. Slow replying to customers but quick to reply if its pointing the blame at us. I use this all the time in the MPC Software. Ableton dropped this in 9.5 2 months after i sent them a video about real time audio slicing. they told me on twitter they were going to look into it. than they had it available but only for push 2. i told them they needed this to also be available in the software for those who don't have push. 2 weeks later they tweeted me a max for live device that allowed me to do this in ableton. not saying it had anything to do my request but this is how they treat their customers. They don't ignore or blame us all the time.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

phasys

23 Dec 2015

mreese80 wrote:How long until we have real time audio slicing in Reason? Akai & Ableton have it already. Props are so damn slow for everything. Slow replying to customers but quick to reply if its pointing the blame at us. I use this all the time in the MPC Software. Ableton dropped this in 9.5 2 months after i sent them a video about real time audio slicing. they told me on twitter they were going to look into it. than they had it available but only for push 2. i told them they needed this to also be available in the software for those who don't have push. 2 weeks later they tweeted me a max for live device that allowed me to do this in ableton. not saying it had anything to do my request but this is how they treat their customers. They don't ignore or blame us all the time.
What exactly do you mean by "realtime audio slicing"?

mreese80

23 Dec 2015

phasys wrote:
mreese80 wrote:How long until we have real time audio slicing in Reason? Akai & Ableton have it already. Props are so damn slow for everything. Slow replying to customers but quick to reply if its pointing the blame at us. I use this all the time in the MPC Software. Ableton dropped this in 9.5 2 months after i sent them a video about real time audio slicing. they told me on twitter they were going to look into it. than they had it available but only for push 2. i told them they needed this to also be available in the software for those who don't have push. 2 weeks later they tweeted me a max for live device that allowed me to do this in ableton. not saying it had anything to do my request but this is how they treat their customers. They don't ignore or blame us all the time.
What exactly do you mean by "realtime audio slicing"?
this. Akai MPC v1.8 | Lazy Chop | Live Beat | MPC Renaissance | MPC Studio
via @YouTube
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

TheMiles

23 Dec 2015

Allthough I am perfectly fine with Reasons Slicing abilities, this Feature definitely rocks. Its perfect for live usage and fast custom slicing. Productionwise I don't think it does make a big difference. Load a sample in Reason and it will automaticaly slice it for you. Fine tune the slices, remove and add some and you're finished. This is usually a matter of a few seconds to a minute or two if you have large samples. This said, real time slicing still is a cool feature :)

mreese80

23 Dec 2015

TheMiles wrote:Allthough I am perfectly fine with Reasons Slicing abilities, this Feature definitely rocks. Its perfect for live usage and fast custom slicing. Productionwise I don't think it does make a big difference. Load a sample in Reason and it will automaticaly slice it for you. Fine tune the slices, remove and add some and you're finished. This is usually a matter of a few seconds to a minute or two if you have large samples. This said, real time slicing still is a cool feature :)
this makes a big difference. slicing audio in real time as its playing. this is also in ableton. which i also have. when you try it you will see man.

phasys

24 Dec 2015

TheMiles wrote:Allthough I am perfectly fine with Reasons Slicing abilities, this Feature definitely rocks. Its perfect for live usage and fast custom slicing. Productionwise I don't think it does make a big difference. Load a sample in Reason and it will automaticaly slice it for you. Fine tune the slices, remove and add some and you're finished. This is usually a matter of a few seconds to a minute or two if you have large samples. This said, real time slicing still is a cool feature :)
The fact that Reason doesn't even offer sensitivity for the slicing shows how much Props care about their users. Even Renoise has that. "Well if you want that, you need to buy Recycle". Uhuh.

submonsterz

24 Dec 2015

How long did people wait for audio and midi out ?
And look what they gave you after all that time lol.
I'd say grow a beard get a walking frame and wait for it to come by the time most of the new advances are deemed what people might actually want in reason you'll need the frame to hold ya self up as you'll probally be tripping over your beard and to fragile to dance.

mreese80

24 Dec 2015

phasys wrote:
The fact that Reason doesn't even offer sensitivity for the slicing shows how much Props care about their users. Even Renoise has that. "Well if you want that, you need to buy Recycle". Uhuh.
I never could figure out recycle man. i have that wack ass shit. they say its recycle inside of reason. but that shit was so easy to use. double click and boom. i always thought it was so lame that you had to have recycle at first to edit samples. and you are right about the sensitivity on the slicing.

submonsterz

24 Dec 2015

mreese80 wrote:
phasys wrote:
I never could figure out recycle man. i have that wack ass shit. they say its recycle inside of reason. but that shit was so easy to use. double click and boom. i always thought it was so lame that you had to have recycle at first to edit samples. and you are right about the sensitivity on the slicing.
I wouldn't worry too much on recycle any how and it's sensitivity setting it's not the best at zero crossing transient detecting I found anyhow .

mreese80

24 Dec 2015

submonsterz wrote:
mreese80 wrote:
phasys wrote:
I wouldn't worry too much on recycle any how and it's sensitivity setting it's not the best at zero crossing transient detecting I found anyhow .
i dont need it. i can do all that in reason. and if i cant do it in there i can jump in another daw.

phasys

24 Dec 2015

Reason ...

submonsterz

24 Dec 2015

phasys wrote:Reason ...
You do know that comment will probally spawn a heap of them stupid kiddy cat pics thanks lol :D :lol:

Ostermilk

25 Dec 2015

Yeah! Kiddy cat pics - ... I get it. Hilarious, ROFLMAO.

So, if I say Reason smells of poopy farts can I join this gang too?

There's some lofty, cutting edge debate going on here I can tell.

lol...I said 'cutting edge' (on a thread about slicing)...see what I did there?

submonsterz

25 Dec 2015

Ostermilk wrote:Yeah! Kiddy cat pics - ... I get it. Hilarious, ROFLMAO.

Yes very sharp Mr milk.
You carved a solid entrance into the thread for yourself.
By the have a happy chrimbo you and your fam.
I'll have a great day here at home in bah humbug land it's my style :).

phasys

25 Dec 2015

floris_dj.jpg
floris_dj.jpg (71.76 KiB) Viewed 1317 times
Not a Reason ..., but a Roland ...!

submonsterz

25 Dec 2015

phasys wrote:
Not a Reason ..., but a Roland ...!
My two see that and said Ahh Christmas dinner :).
IMG-20140429-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20140429-WA0004.jpg (202.76 KiB) Viewed 1315 times
IMG-20140429-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20140429-WA0003.jpg (129.21 KiB) Viewed 1315 times

Ostermilk

25 Dec 2015

submonsterz wrote:
Ostermilk wrote:Yeah! Kiddy cat pics - ... I get it. Hilarious, ROFLMAO.

Yes very sharp Mr milk.
You carved a solid entrance into the thread for yourself.
By the have a happy chrimbo you and your fam.
I'll have a great day here at home in bah humbug land it's my style :).
;)

Back right at you.

All the best to you and yours too...

Btw I'm the Ebeneezer geezer at home my kids always refer to me as the Grinch so apparently it's my style too.

Just 2 excruciating hours of Downton Abbey for me to navigate and we can all get back to bloody normal...YAY!!!

:lol:

mreese80

02 Jan 2016

I'm still waiting for real time audio slicing...lol

• Information