akai mpd32 vs m-audio trigger finger ?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
decibel

22 Dec 2015

does anybody here have hands on experience with both trigger finger pro and akai mpd32 ? im thinking of making a purchase in the next few days,
the mpd32 is only $29 more and ive read in multiple forums that there are issues with the trigger finger pro that the company has no intentions of correcting.
the trigger finger looks fun especially with the bundled software but obviously thats not much benefit for use with reason. so the main concerns for me would be the functionality, build quality & long term usability (ongoing driver updates) etc.

also are the pads as good on the TFP as the ones on the MPD32 ? , if im not mistaken the pads on the MPD can be upgraded but im curious if the stock pads are good to go straight out of the box ?

if TFP didnt have the other software (arsenal & airdrums) and was just purely for midi control would it rival or be better the the MPD32

both products seem to be good when watching youtube videos etc, but its been difficult to find any comparisons between the two products anywhere online, its really doing my head in lol and i really hope to buy the better product rather then regret my purchase a week later so if anybody here has any personal experience with both products i would love to hear your opinions ;)

decibel

22 Dec 2015

yeah that's definitely one feature to consider, all though to be honest im more likely to lay stuff down by tapping patterns straight into the sequencer. it could be fun though using with the included software

• Information