Nektar Panorama company Forgot Reason

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
iramrezso

21 Jun 2016

Hope they're going to come out with the update very soon as R9 has arrived :) They should support the new players.

freddykr

21 Jun 2016

Got a mail this morning, the update is out now :)

decibel

22 Jun 2016

PANORAMA & IMPACT UPDATE FOR REASON - AVAILABLE NOW
REASON 9 READY
Nektar DAW Integration is now not only compatible with Reason 9, but also includes mapping for the 3 new player devices included in Reason 9.
Note Echo, Scales and Chords as well as Dual Arpeggio are each custom mapped, giving the most complete real-time control experience possible. Impact and Panorama continue to support any Reason version from 5.0 and up.

REDRUM: STEPPING IT UP WITH PANORAMA
Taking advantage of new control options in the Reason Remote SDK, Panorama now allows full control of the ReDrum step sequencer.

As drums are triggered or selected using the pads, steps can be quickly edited using the LED buttons. If a step is active, the LED is illuminated, clearly indicating the sequence and state of each step.

If you own a Panorama (this feature is not available on Impact), here is how it works:
• Press the display button labelled [Steps] to toggle 'Enable Pattern Section' in Reason. 
• Press the display button labelled [Seq] causes the controls to remap as follows:
• LED buttons: select steps 1-8 in step bank for last triggered drum
• [SHIFT]+LED buttons: select drum without triggering.
• Encoders above the faders: Set velocity level (1 of 4) for steps 1-8 in selected step bank
• [Toggle/Mute] button: Hold to control steps 9-16 rather than 1-8 in the current step bank. Release to return to 1-8
• [Toggle/View]: view the step sequencer in the display
• Press [Instrument] to return to control ReDrum

STANDARD MAPPING TAKES NEKTAR SUPPORT TO 375 RACK EXTENSIONS
Standard mapping is a new approach that map the most important parameters of a device, such as for example filter cutoff, resonance and envelopes. Following a predefined layout, controls are mapped to the same parameters across RE’s making it easy to control devices when changing tracks.

GRAB A PARAMETER WHEN YOU NEED IT
When inspiration strikes, all other parameters on the device can be accessed quickly and easily through Nektar's nifty 'grab' feature - a temporary override for any control, with instant access to parameters on the active instrument.

Here is how you use the 'Grab' feature:
• Press and hold the [Shift] button
• Move the parameter (or multiple if you need more) in the Reason GUI.
• Release [Shift] and move the controls in Instrument mode you want the parameters assigned to.
Assignments cannot be recalled and are temporary overrides only.

CUSTOM vs STANDARD MAPPING
Standard mapping doesn’t replace the existing custom mapping for legacy devices but instead provides a uniform and faster way to generate mapping for new Rack Extensions.
This means that updates to the Nektar DAW Integration for Reason will be more frequent, ensuring Nektar hardware is able to control even relatively recent Rack Extensions.

gak

22 Jun 2016

Again, interesting. I don't have 9 but will be curious to know if they fixed my over one year standing bug.

iramrezso

22 Jun 2016

Installed the new driver, updated the firmware (still from 2014, that's strange), and no mapping for new players.

iramrezso

22 Jun 2016

iramrezso wrote:Installed the new driver, updated the firmware (still from 2014, that's strange), and no mapping for new players.
Nevermind. Accidentally I installed wrong driver :)
However the player handilng is buggy, it often does not recognize button presses on P4.

miscend

22 Jun 2016

I still don't know how this works. Someone should do a YouTube video about it.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

22 Jun 2016

The player's mapping I did last week during beta, on this thread here http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php ... &start=175

-008'

22 Jun 2016

After running new update, the earliest driver i can find is from 09/2015 :(

When i look, i even have two "fw" folders for the .bin, but they're both the same files/dates and stuff. I think I should probably uninstall everything and start from the new file...idk.
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

Arrant
Competition Winner

23 Jun 2016

Update not doing anything for me either, despite the new remote maps being in place , not the most reliable installer it seems.

kuhliloach

06 Jul 2016

I don't own any Nektar products but was considering it. *watches thread closely

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

06 Jul 2016

kuhliloach wrote:I don't own any Nektar products but was considering it. *watches thread closely
The Nektar controllers are the best Reason integrated products out there.

Nektar at the start was only focused on Reason, the updates were frequent, Nektar now focus of other markets.

However we have a thread on this site that keep the maps up to date by several people (They are a lot more integrated than the maps provided by Nektar, and they come out very quickly i.e. I have done the maps as I have been on the beta's for RE so the maps are available the day the RE is released, same happened for the players in R9). http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=7491466

I would not hesitate in buying another one if for some reason my one failed. Have read where a number of people have had very good support from Nektar when then controllers have failed...

kuhliloach

07 Jul 2016

Thanks Carly. They do look very nice. I'm looking at the P4.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

07 Jul 2016

kuhliloach wrote:Thanks Carly. They do look very nice. I'm looking at the P4.
That's what I own, went for the P4 due to space restrictions, one thing to note is it's quite a heavy keyboard for the size, not that I have had any issues, but my old M-audio I use to sit on lap every now and then, I won't do that if this one. :lol:

Stu

14 Jul 2016

Hello there! I've had a quick search and can't find any info. Hopefully someone will be able to tell me...
I'm still on Reason 7. Will I be able to use my P1 to program Redrum as described in the Nektar announcement, or will this only be available to me once I upgrade Reason?
Thanks in advance.
Simple sounds and easy thoughts

Wook

14 Jul 2016

GregHPSon wrote:I talked to the Nektar Rep @ Summer NAMM here in Nashville last year & I couldn't believe the way he talked about Propellerhead & Reason. I just felt obliged to defend them somewhat & he just kept on going off. Akward experience & I kinda upset me a little. Nonetheless it has jaded my view of Nektar.
Well, they are not the only manufacturer/software developer that have things to say about Propellerheads. There must be a reason for it. Just saying.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

14 Jul 2016

Stu wrote:Hello there! I've had a quick search and can't find any info. Hopefully someone will be able to tell me...
I'm still on Reason 7. Will I be able to use my P1 to program Redrum as described in the Nektar announcement, or will this only be available to me once I upgrade Reason?
Thanks in advance.
Not the answer you are looking for, I would say try it and see and let us know the outcome..

Stu

14 Jul 2016

Thanks, will do. I had another search and I believe Propellerhead introduced "extended Redrum remote support," (or something like that) in v8.2.
Simple sounds and easy thoughts

• Information