Nektar Panorama company Forgot Reason

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
gullum

05 Feb 2016

one thing to consider when deciding not to buy a Panorama, with nectar you get a controller that is mapped to 70-80% of all he's and and close to 100% of reason devises with any other you get a controller mapped to 0% of Reason

KEVMOVE02

05 Feb 2016

Call me an opportunist, but I hope to grab a P4 or P6 at bargain bin pricing. Having a controller that maps to most Reason devices out of the box makes the grunt work to map new devices tolerable. Besides, it is likely that someone somewhere has taken the time to make user defined maps. Time to hunt for a deal...

tiker01

05 Feb 2016

KEVMOVE02 wrote:Call me an opportunist, but I hope to grab a P4 or P6 at bargain bin pricing. Having a controller that maps to most Reason devices out of the box makes the grunt work to map new devices tolerable. Besides, it is likely that someone somewhere has taken the time to make user defined maps. Time to hunt for a deal...
Yes indeed. Your man is Lizard!

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

SA Studio

08 Feb 2016

After getting my P4.....Im a bit dissapointed. (not in the build quality, simply the updating the unit from out-of-the-box - see below)

EDIT: Only because it requires registering at the website before you can even download any drivers. After that, you need to do a Firmware update.

Best thing of all of this, is how great the support is at Nektar. If you have a problem, they will help you and respond internationally with in a matter of hours = Like proper customer care. I wouldn't doubt if Niels from Nektar is answering my emails while he sits and has a cup of tea somewhere, as prompt as the replies have been.

It's a friggin wonderful controller.

Lizard

09 Feb 2016

Customer support for Nektar is excellent. I had one issue where I had made a change somewhere in the setup that was making my controller act very odd. They had sent me instructions on how to reverse my errors which worked fine but they were even willing to have a telephone/skype call to rectify the issue and on a Saturday no less. It did not come to that but it made me feel good that they were willing to go that distance to solve my issue. It has been the best support experience I can remember.

AlienJunk

10 Feb 2016

I have been in touch with Nektar and they assure me that Reason users will be very happy with the developments they have been working on. So there's hope !

As for their customer service, it is nothing short of outstanding (even through I find their documentation crap). Their service level is consistently at complete odds with Propellerhead, who in my experience offer the worst service I have encountered, and simply try to blame the end user for any issues

So keep up the good work, Nektar !

iramrezso

11 Feb 2016

AlienJunk wrote:I have been in touch with Nektar and they assure me that Reason users will be very happy with the developments they have been working on. So there's hope !
[...]
Exciting :)

Wook

11 Feb 2016

I can testify about Nektar's outstanding customer service. Somewhere around Christmas I bought a keyboard stand for my Impact 88 LX and while adjusting the height of it, I was stupid and did it with the keyboard on it. Everything fell down and usb cable ripped out that little peg that holds usb connector in place. I contacted them to ask if it's possible to buy that part from them. I was so surprised when they told that they will send it to me for free. They sent the whole PCB from Los Angeles to Gothenburg, Sweden. No cost at all.

It's so rare to be treated like that by a company these days.

Lizard

11 Feb 2016

AlienJunk wrote:I have been in touch with Nektar and they assure me that Reason users will be very happy with the developments they have been working on. So there's hope !

As for their customer service, it is nothing short of outstanding (even through I find their documentation crap). Their service level is consistently at complete odds with Propellerhead, who in my experience offer the worst service I have encountered, and simply try to blame the end user for any issues

I had a short conversation with Nektar the other day and they conveyed similar sentiments. This is very relevant as the title of this thread indicates they forgot Reason which I don't think was exactly true. It seems as though there is some development on their side which sounds to me will improve the Nektar/Reason experience which I think we all can look forward to. I am very curious to see what they have come up with.

AlienJunk

12 Feb 2016

I actually mentioned this thread, and also you Lizard, to them, suggesting they might want to contract the work to you since you already have tirelessly worked on the maps. But they said all of that part is done. So it may be soon that we see an enhanced RE coverage.

Personally I agree with what someone else said. I didn't by Panorama (in my case P1) to map stuff myself, I just want to plug and play. Keeping a keen eye on Nektar for updates.

Lizard

12 Feb 2016

Thank for pimping my wares there AJ. it is appreciated. :thumbs_up: I've actually been talking with Justin at Nektar who has collected my maps. He asked if it would be ok if they used some of them which I was of course happy to oblige. How they get to the community is not of any concern to me. But I have no confirmation that they will use them. I'll continue to support at least the ones I have access to. If it helps speed the process and get quicker updates to the Nektar users makes me the happier. Thanks again.

-008'

12 Feb 2016

Lizard wrote:Thank for pimping my wares there AJ. it is appreciated. :thumbs_up: I've actually been talking with Justin at Nektar who has collected my maps. He asked if it would be ok if they used some of them which I was of course happy to oblige. How they get to the community is not of any concern to me. But I have no confirmation that they will use them. I'll continue to support at least the ones I have access to. If it helps speed the process and get quicker updates to the Nektar users makes me the happier. Thanks again.

Very grateful for your efforts Lizard! :)

I'll bet that your maps to Justin def. helped them speed up the process. I'll be glad to see their update.
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

EnochLight

12 Feb 2016

This is great news. There's not a day that goes by where I'm not satisfied with my P4. The only thing that would make me want to consider replacing it is if Nektar Tech ever released a new version with more motorized faders. I'm not concerned with the pads anymore as my TFP works excellent, and I love the onboard step sequencer that it comes with.

Looking forward to their update and seeing what they have in store for us Reasoners!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

arqui

12 Feb 2016

I think also that Nektar Panorama is the best Keyboard/controller for Reason, there is none that can compete with their integration.
I just want a commitment of more consecutive updates, and not have to wait another fifteen months on the horizon.
:thumbs_up: Good for Nektar !!! Thanks Lizard !!! :thumbs_up:
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

EnochLight

13 Feb 2016

Well, to be fair, what you get out of the box already works almost perfect with Reason 8. Short of just adding new RE support, there's not a lot that I can imagine I would want for Reason. Hopefully they'll surprise me with this forthcoming update, though!

Now, if they would only support PreSonus Studio One, I would be in nirvana.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

QVprod

13 Feb 2016

EnochLight wrote: Now, if they would only support PreSonus Studio One, I would be in nirvana.
Yes!, Presonus needs to get their act together so this can happen!

willowman

14 Feb 2016

Any mention of the dates of these updates mate ?
Jez: "How long can it take to come up with 3 minutes of music?" Hans: "6 minutes max"
Jez: "That's being generous. That's 2 minutes per minute"

iramrezso

27 May 2016

I guess that they're waiting for Reason 9 to be released. Maybe some new features in Reason that they're prepared to support.

willowman

27 May 2016

iramrezso wrote:I guess that they're waiting for Reason 9 to be released. Maybe some new features in Reason that they're prepared to support.
I messaged nektar recently via their facebook page

hi guys,are there any plans to update the drivers/firmware for the panorama p1 for reason users ?, I'm sure you are aware that propellerhead announced the release of reason 9 today and was wondering if any updates are planned for this release?, thanks in advance.

We do have an update for Reason users coming soon
Chat Conversation End
Jez: "How long can it take to come up with 3 minutes of music?" Hans: "6 minutes max"
Jez: "That's being generous. That's 2 minutes per minute"

iramrezso

27 May 2016

willowman wrote:
iramrezso wrote:I guess that they're waiting for Reason 9 to be released. Maybe some new features in Reason that they're prepared to support.
I messaged nektar recently via their facebook page

hi guys,are there any plans to update the drivers/firmware for the panorama p1 for reason users ?, I'm sure you are aware that propellerhead announced the release of reason 9 today and was wondering if any updates are planned for this release?, thanks in advance.

We do have an update for Reason users coming soon
Chat Conversation End
Good news :)

GregHPSon

27 May 2016

I talked to the Nektar Rep @ Summer NAMM here in Nashville last year & I couldn't believe the way he talked about Propellerhead & Reason. I just felt obliged to defend them somewhat & he just kept on going off. Akward experience & I kinda upset me a little. Nonetheless it has jaded my view of Nektar.
Follow me on Instagram/Facebook: Vic20

Lizard

27 May 2016

GregHPSon wrote:I talked to the Nektar Rep @ Summer NAMM here in Nashville last year & I couldn't believe the way he talked about Propellerhead & Reason. I just felt obliged to defend them somewhat & he just kept on going off. Akward experience & I kinda upset me a little. Nonetheless it has jaded my view of Nektar.
I find this interesting. This should not be the way to represent your product and the softwares they support. You may have reservations about stating what he said but I would be interested in hearing it if you were. Maybe it is relevant to the slow down in the updates.

mgagne01

29 May 2016

I think Nektar was first created for Pro.Reason but it looks like they are more interested in Bitwig now. To bad cause Bitwig is not bad but still not made for a keyboard player I believe and there is still no competiton to Ableton Live.. They should stay focus on REASON.... My opinion only ...

gak

29 May 2016

Yeah, I've been hearing about them updating reason stuff for a LONG time now. To the best of my knowledge it's been a year since they have updated anything.

Shame, good product, clearly they have some issues (and as I mentioned there is potential (99.9% sure)

Oh well, figures. Every time I think I've found "the one" everyone jumps ship.

gak

17 Jun 2016

BTW, it's not JUST REASON that has had no updates. STILL, nothing newer than May 2015 (and reason's is like 2014) for the impact.

• Information