Nektar Panorama company Forgot Reason

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
arqui

20 Jan 2016

All true. but ... I think lizard also has created some maps to add, Nektar would cost them nothing to publish one or two Maps per month, to keep everyone happy.
I see that there simply disregard for customers.
It's just my opinion.
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

SA Studio

21 Jan 2016

Well, there's one showing up on my doorstep tomorrow. I'd have reconsidered if I saw this post first.

I'm well aware of what's available as far as MIDI boards but I've never had a P4 under my fingers so I cant tell about the feel.

If it's not optimal, there's cheaper boards I can settle on.

gak

22 Jan 2016

Well, despite the negative talk, it's still likely the best reason controller out there.

Lizard

22 Jan 2016

gak wrote:Well, despite the negative talk, it's still likely the best reason controller out there.
This is a fact. I've been trying to convey this to all as much as I can. I have yet to see a control with the depth it has yet. It is just that... well.... attention to the Reason Community has been at a stand still for a bit of time now. For users like SA Studio I would not have regrets in getting this keyboard.... at all. Your choices are this that has half of the known Re mapped.... or the others that have none mapped. ;) It still can be programmed for remote items like any other controller.

SA Studio

25 Jan 2016

My P4 just arrived.

If build-quality alone in the gear you use excites you...Good God....look no further O.o :shock:

The look, the feel = Most sexy MIDI controller I've ever seen by miles. Keys feel great, pads feel fine, mod and pitch-wheel feel great.

This is a pro piece of kit. From the build-quality perspective, I have to hand it to them - I think it's worth it.

I'll likely update but so far, it's winning.

gak

27 Jan 2016

And that reminds me even of my "lowly" impact. Terrific build, does EXACTLY what I need (I'm not really worried about aftertouch or super sensitive action) Integrated nicely, give nice flexibility. I've had a gob-load of others and there are always fatal flaws.

It's not the panorama, but for the coin it's WAY better than anything else. But still, the lack of development in recent history does have me worried.

Lizard

29 Jan 2016

@SA Studio - I love the Panorama. It feels well built as you play. I'm not really a big fan of the pads as they feel stiff for me but they work as intended. I have not been as kind to my controller as I should be. It has a few scratches to the black surface as I have taken it on the road with me once or twice. The glass over the LED doesn't secure well on mine and falls off sometimes if I go mobile with it. If it comes off once you will have to use some type of adhesive or something. Otherwise..... the unit is beautiful and THE most capable unit out there IMO. I have a thread I started (referred to in this thread) where I have mapped about another 70 or so devices. These are not supported by Nektar. Use at your discretion but it is fairly easy to update your device and switch back to original if needed. You can check that out below if you like. Hope you enjoy!

http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php ... lit=Nektar

Neko the Jaguar

30 Jan 2016

Well this stinks. I was just about to buy one too.

Osmose

30 Jan 2016

I own the p6 and damn do I love it.. im not even that bothered with the fact that sime re's arent mapped.. its a shame offcourse but in my perspective not a reason to not buy it.
Just my 2 cents though

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HUAWEI P7-L10 met Tapatalk
Soundcloud/Osmose-music - Facebook/ OsmoseSounds -

osmose-music.com - osmose-music.bandcamp.com

"When you quit the mind, your not quite the mind"- Arcturus Ra -

arqui

31 Jan 2016

Yes, is not a reason to not buy it, but It is a great reason to wake from his nap. Nektar wake up!!!
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

Lizard

31 Jan 2016

I have to stress this important thing to all who are considering buying the Nektar Panorama..... Though it still does not have the more recent Re's mapped it is still an AWESOME controller. I see people strongly influenced to not buy based off a few gripes we may have. I have never once regretted this purchase. It has out of the box nearly 150 devices mapped which is by far more than any other controller I can think of. Currently the company is busy in supporting some other DAWs and changes that El Captain has brought about. I have faith in Nektar and its product. It is great stuff and a very worthy purchase. My opinion... of course.

clone

31 Jan 2016

Despite of all the negative, I'm still planning on buying P1. Been doing a lot of research and still the product I'm going with. I'm pretty sure it will get updated, not concerned about it at all.

Anyone have impact IX 49 or IX61? My plan is to buy a P1, separate drum pad, probably Akia and IX 49.

Neko the Jaguar

31 Jan 2016

clone wrote:Despite of all the negative, I'm still planning on buying P1. Been doing a lot of research and still the product I'm going with. I'm pretty sure it will get updated, not concerned about it at all.

Anyone have impact IX 49 or IX61? My plan is to buy a P1, separate drum pad, probably Akia and IX 49.
I'm assuming the P1 is just the control surface minus the keyboard but with all the same capabilities?

clone

31 Jan 2016

Neko the Jaguar wrote:
clone wrote:Despite of all the negative, I'm still planning on buying P1. Been doing a lot of research and still the product I'm going with. I'm pretty sure it will get updated, not concerned about it at all.

I'm assuming the P1 is just the control surface minus the keyboard but with all the same capabilities?

Yes.

I would rather have those components separate, that why I'm getting P1, drum pad and Impact IX 49.

Didn't even know you can map RE's until this thread. Main reason is to just control reason DAW, not for RE's.

Neko the Jaguar

31 Jan 2016

clone wrote:
Neko the Jaguar wrote:

Yes.

I would rather have those components separate, that why I'm getting P1, drum pad and Impact IX 49.

Didn't even know you can map RE's until this thread. Main reason is to just control reason DAW, not for RE's.
I already have a keyboard controller, but I want it for the REs. I think the P1 would be a better option for me, since I want to get Push 2 as well.

QVprod

31 Jan 2016

Lizard wrote:I have to stress this important thing to all who are considering buying the Nektar Panorama..... Though it still does not have the more recent Re's mapped it is still an AWESOME controller. I see people strongly influenced to not buy based off a few gripes we may have. I have never once regretted this purchase. It has out of the box nearly 150 devices mapped which is by far more than any other controller I can think of. Currently the company is busy in supporting some other DAWs and changes that El Captain has brought about. I have faith in Nektar and its product. It is great stuff and a very worthy purchase. My opinion... of course.
I'll second this. I even use my P6 with Studio One (only works as a generic controller) and I'll say it's the best all around DAW controller that exists.

Neko the Jaguar

31 Jan 2016

QVprod wrote:
Lizard wrote:I have to stress this important thing to all who are considering buying the Nektar Panorama..... Though it still does not have the more recent Re's mapped it is still an AWESOME controller. I see people strongly influenced to not buy based off a few gripes we may have. I have never once regretted this purchase. It has out of the box nearly 150 devices mapped which is by far more than any other controller I can think of. Currently the company is busy in supporting some other DAWs and changes that El Captain has brought about. I have faith in Nektar and its product. It is great stuff and a very worthy purchase. My opinion... of course.
I'll second this. I even use my P6 with Studio One (only works as a generic controller) and I'll say it's the best all around DAW controller that exists.
Do you think I would be better off buying the P4, or is the controller I already have good enough in your opinion? Oxygen 49?

QVprod

31 Jan 2016

Neko the Jaguar wrote:
QVprod wrote:
Do you think I would be better off buying the P4, or is the controller I already have good enough in your opinion? Oxygen 49?
That's pretty much subjective. Personally as a keyboard player I'm a bit picky about how keys feel on a controller. Keys on the Panorama are better feeling than any other semi-weighted midi controller I've used. The older oxygen keyboards had a decent feel to them and I think the 2nd generation oxygen wasn't bad either. The latest version of the Oxygen 49 feels awful and cheap to me though. Aside from that, if you don't have a pad controller or you have the latest oxygen 49, the advantage of the Panorama is the Pads map to Kong and you have 12 of them (the top layer can also control the remaining 4 Kong pads).

However, if you're satisfied with your oxygen or any other controllers overall and only really want the full integration panorama offers, then a P1 should be fine.

Lizard

01 Feb 2016

Neko the Jaguar wrote:
QVprod wrote:
Like QV says... it is a matter of opinion right? I know for sure that the Oxygen 49 will not map Re like the Panorama but I haven't seen anything that does yet to be honest. So if control is in your future and important to you then Nektar Technology is what you will want to have. You can get the P1 of course which is the brain but you will not have full control of devices that use the pads. There is only a few to be honest... but one of them is Kong. ;) If it were me and I was looking at push i would probably want to minimize my deskspace and bring the Keyboard need together with a P4/P4. Then you are just dealing with 2 devices opposed to three.

Neko the Jaguar

01 Feb 2016

Lizard wrote:
Neko the Jaguar wrote:
QVprod wrote:
Like QV says... it is a matter of opinion right? I know for sure that the Oxygen 49 will not map Re like the Panorama but I haven't seen anything that does yet to be honest. So if control is in your future and important to you then Nektar Technology is what you will want to have. You can get the P1 of course which is the brain but you will not have full control of devices that use the pads. There is only a few to be honest... but one of them is Kong. ;) If it were me and I was looking at push i would probably want to minimize my deskspace and bring the Keyboard need together with a P4/P4. Then you are just dealing with 2 devices opposed to three.
Is there something special the pads do that my keys won't? I'm only asking because I haven't really looked into, or even thought about that.

Lizard

02 Feb 2016

Neko the Jaguar wrote:Is there something special the pads do that my keys won't? I'm only asking because I haven't really looked into, or even thought about that.
Nope. Not at all. Other than give you that drum machine / MPC vibe. The pad layout falls in line with industry standard for hard and soft wares. But that is about it.

Neko the Jaguar

02 Feb 2016

Lizard wrote:
Neko the Jaguar wrote:Is there something special the pads do that my keys won't? I'm only asking because I haven't really looked into, or even thought about that.
Nope. Not at all. Other than give you that drum machine / MPC vibe. The pad layout falls in line with industry standard for hard and soft wares. But that is about it.
Ok thanks. I already use my MPC for the pad hits. I think I'll shoot for the P1.

Lizard

02 Feb 2016

I do want to however that the pads on the Nektar CAN be written into a map. Most are not but there are a tiny few that do. You would only be left out if there were devices written that have a MPC or Drum pad type interface where only logically you would map them. So far... very few though. Like.. maybe 2.

KEVMOVE02

04 Feb 2016

While it maybe true that the "squeaky wheel gets the oil in the public forum", companies have to plant seed where they get the greatest yield. If the users of other DAWs were clamoring for a version of hardware that integrated well with their platform, and purchased the product in droves, its no wonder Nektar diversified the platform. It's also no surprise that they moved on from the Reason platform: its hard to listen to complaints from people who don't actually own your product. Oh, sure, one can say "if you add these features then I would..", but lets face it, that's no different than promising someone that you "won't release your manly fluids during oral stimulation" - everybody knows that's a promise that never gets kept. Don't feel bad: Blackberry never kept their promise to port BB10 to the Playbook, Sony and Microsoft never gave the promised backward compatibility to previous games and turns out that Windows 10 is not free forever.

Lizard

05 Feb 2016

To resonate with your points Kev I do believe that users have to accept that the Nektar supports multiple platforms. Reason was their first as I recall and since then have added more platforms like Cubase, Reaper, Bitwig, Pro Tools and many others. Each one has a different way of operating so there has been a lot of time spent developing. This of course has set back some development on the Reason side. I would naturally expect this but I have every level of confidence that they have not "moved on" from the Reason platform. I do not see them no longer adding support or providing a greater experience with Panorama and Reason. It could very well be they were a company that started small and has a hard time keeping up with the demand. It is hard to say but I do not feel that a slow update suggests they are moving away from Reason.

• Information