M-Audio Axiom 49 2nd gen and Reason 7

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
chk071

10 Dec 2015

Hey guys,

finally up to why i registered here really, to ask some questions. :) Having a little issue with my controller, the M-Audio Axiom 49. It gets detected by Reason when i have it plugged in, no problem. The thing is, when i control Kong with it for example, the drumpads are not mapped accordingly to the Kong drumpads. I think i remember that there has been a thing with the Axiom's presets, one was configured for Reason, but i can't remember which one it was. So i wondered if someone here knows which preset number the Axiom's Reason preset is, if any, but i'm pretty sure that one was configured for use with Reason, or, if that's not the case, how to change either the mapping in Reason, or the midi CC's accordingly for use with Reason.

Hope someone knows. :)
:reason: :rebirth:

chk071

13 Dec 2015

Ok, me stupido. There isn't a specific Reason preset on the Axiom obviously. Any preset should do, because the controls are mapped the same on every preset in Reason. Just gotta figure out the drum pad mapping now, which should rather be a matter of the triggered notes i guess.

Soft Enerji

14 Dec 2015

I use an Axiom 49 and presets 7 - 12 are for Reason and it's specific devices. I leave mine on preset 10 as it seems to be the only one where the transport controls work and the pads are mapped to the first 8 Kong pads. Do you have the manual?

chk071

14 Dec 2015

The one from the Axiom? Yeah, but there's no word about the presets, which is quite hilarious, because on the site, the keyboard is advertised as having many DAW and instrument specific presets, but they're nowhere listed or described... just to make it clear again though, it's the Axiom 49 2nd gen i'm talking about here. There was no word about the need to use a specific preset in Reason either, usually it shows something like "Use preset 10" in the controller options dialog, if there's a need for a specific preset. I never tried the transport controls though, will see if those are working. But as far as i could see, the mapping of the knobs was the same in every preset.

mreese80

14 Dec 2015

chk071 wrote:The one from the Axiom? Yeah, but there's no word about the presets, which is quite hilarious, because on the site, the keyboard is advertised as having many DAW and instrument specific presets, but they're nowhere listed or described... just to make it clear again though, it's the Axiom 49 2nd gen i'm talking about here. There was no word about the need to use a specific preset in Reason either, usually it shows something like "Use preset 10" in the controller options dialog, if there's a need for a specific preset. I never tried the transport controls though, will see if those are working. But as far as i could see, the mapping of the knobs was the same in every preset.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

chk071

14 Dec 2015

Nice, thanks for that. :)

chk071

11 Jan 2016

Oh, just a heads up for anyone wondering the same: I found out that preset 14 on the Axiom 2nd gen is the Reason preset. It also gives you the "correct" mappings (as in mappings 1-8) for the use of Kong's drum pads. :)

• Information