Balance not powering up on Mac boot

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Failed Muso

10 Dec 2015

Hi All,

Since upgrading to OS X 10.11, I've been having an issue with my Balance unit not powering up when I power up my iMac (Late 2013, 27"). Put simply, the Balance fails to turn on when my Mac does, which it always used to do, but once the Mac has booted, a simple unplug/replug see the Balance power up and behave as expected.

I know there were lots of issues with USB audio devices when 10.11 launched but Props have confirmed that Balance is compatible and even after updating to 10.11.2 the other day, the problem remains. I've emailed Props support but thought I'd check here too.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas as to why this might be happening? Aside from being annoying, having to unplug/replug the unit, I'm concerned that doing this repeatedly might damage the USB port on the Balance.

Any suggestions gratefully received :) :PUF_balance:

decibel

10 Dec 2015

i urged a friend to buy reason and when he did he also got balance, he seems to have endless issues with it, i feel so guilty for encouraging him to buy reason lol

Failed Muso

10 Dec 2015

I've had one since day one of launch and this is the first time I've had an issue.

• Information