MPC Element in Reason?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
XysteR

09 Dec 2015

I'm wondering if this can be used as a standard midi controller in Reason without installing the AKAI software? Someone mentioned if you hold down the 'Tap' key as you plug in the usb plug it will run in standalone mode? But does this have to be done everytime you boot up your computer? Also, can you map every button on the unit, transport etc, or is it just the drum pads? I'm thinking of getting one to use as a controller for Kong.

mreese80

10 Dec 2015

XysteR wrote:I'm wondering if this can be used as a standard midi controller in Reason without installing the AKAI software? Someone mentioned if you hold down the 'Tap' key as you plug in the usb plug it will run in standalone mode? But does this have to be done everytime you boot up your computer? Also, can you map every button on the unit, transport etc, or is it just the drum pads? I'm thinking of getting one to use as a controller for Kong.
let me know if you get it to work man. ive been trying to use the ren as a generic controller forever but the problem is i cant get the pads to match the kong. it probably wont recognize it at first. just add it as a generic controller. it will detect it im sure but im sure your pads wont match reasons kong.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

XysteR

10 Dec 2015

Having looked at the element - I think i'll end up getting an MPD218 anyway, it looks better for what I need. I'm still not sure how it will incorporate in Kong though. In fact I think i'll go buy one now, we'll see how it works. If it doesn't work i'll just take it back for a refund.

XysteR

10 Dec 2015

I avoided the Akai Element and i've just been in to town to buy an MPD218 which is a brilliant device. I love it! It's so simple to get it working in Reason too! No transposing or any rubbish for Kong. It just works!! I just uploaded an installation video on Youtube for it's setup. Highly recommended from me...

mreese80

10 Dec 2015

i wouldnt have gotten the element anyways. Ableton is the shit also man.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

mreese80

10 Dec 2015

very simple. thats how my novation impulse was. works flawlessly with reason. i just dont want to buy another controller man. glad you got wut you wanted

XysteR

11 Dec 2015

mreese80 wrote:i wouldnt have gotten the element anyways. Ableton is the shit also man.
Yes Ableton is cool. Just not for me
mreese80 wrote:very simple. thats how my novation impulse was. works flawlessly with reason. i just dont want to buy another controller man. glad you got wut you wanted
Yeah I'm happy with this. I played around with it for a while yesterday, so much so it kind of dragged me away from making my music haha.

mreese80

11 Dec 2015

haha. dont sleep on ableton. it does everything man.its the only daw besides the mpc software that allows you to slice audio in real time. i just love the overall feel and look of reason.

• Information