MPC REN AS GENERIC CONTROLLER IN REASON 8

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
mreese80

10 Dec 2015

im gonna take this ren out the box one final time. if this template dont work its the fucking firmware. im exhausted with it.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

mreese80

10 Dec 2015

doesnt work. thanks anyways man. im done
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

tt_lab

10 Dec 2015

I knew it wouldn't work because the setup you had already was right.
In spain we say, "La paciencia es la madre de la ciencia"
That means literally but rhyming "Patience is the mother of science"
Try to update the FW and if it is not working then RMA the MPC.

mreese80

10 Dec 2015

im still trying man. i just said that. i always get it done in the end.but this has been an issue since 2014. didnt matter until now. are you doing the fw update with the usb cable that came with the ren? are using a 3.0 port or 2.0? when you hold down shift and turn it on is there one yellow pad lit? the instruction always seem crazy to me. the part where it says press the button below it. than hit ok. idk.

tt_lab

10 Dec 2015

I can't remember how it was when I updated.
I read the firmware procedure and don't see that part that you mention last in your post.

mreese80

11 Dec 2015

i follow all of this. i dont know wut else to do. fw wont run on this old xp laptop.

mreese80

11 Dec 2015

tt_lab wrote:I can't remember how it was when I updated.
I read the firmware procedure and don't see that part that you mention last in your post.
i follow all of this. i dont know wut else to do. fw wont run on this old xp laptop.

XysteR

11 Dec 2015

I'm feeling for you man. You're having an epic pain in the ass! If you were local to me i'd sort it out for you.

I done some digging around and found this: "*Quote*: I fixed it by using my work laptop which is a dell running windows 7...I installed the hardware driver then firmware update then proceeded with the update and it finished successfully first time around...after it finished I reconnected Ren to my Mac and works without any problem."

Maybe you have a friend/family member with a windows based computer you could temporarily use to do this?

Use a USB2 port for any firmware update, and make sure you're using the USB cable that came with the ren. For instance: Although identical, my printer USB cable appears to initially work fine with my Edirol audio interface, but it causes it to go funky during usage, yet it operates the printer as normal.

mreese80

11 Dec 2015

XysteR wrote:I'm feeling for you man. You're having an epic pain in the ass! If you were local to me i'd sort it out for you.

I done some digging around and found this: "*Quote*: I fixed it by using my work laptop which is a dell running windows 7...I installed the hardware driver then firmware update then proceeded with the update and it finished successfully first time around...after it finished I reconnected Ren to my Mac and works without any problem."

Maybe you have a friend/family member with a windows based computer you could temporarily use to do this?

Use a USB2 port for any firmware update, and make sure you're using the USB cable that came with the ren. For instance: Although identical, my printer USB cable appears to initially work fine with my Edirol audio interface, but it causes it to go funky during usage, yet it operates the printer as normal.
I'm trying on win 7 man and my OS is win 7. I'm also using the usb that came with it. Idk wut the problem is. It just doesn't work. I just want to use the pads in reason. I know how its supposed to be done...I've seen a video for this. It just doesn't work for me.

XysteR

12 Dec 2015

Ah sorry man, I assumed you were on a mac - I hope you get his resolved soon.

tt_lab

12 Dec 2015

Hi,
Every computer is a different world. wish I was close to help you further. You try different computers different ports. The button below the shift button is the main button as I understand it.
Read all the solutions in the mpc-forums(I know you did but do it again and try every solution there)
And if you cannot update lastly call akai and ask them to solve it for you as I told you before.
My advice would be to tell them that you want to update the firmware and that you tried in 2 computers ansd it has been impossible and not that you want to use the midi control because you know the answer they gave you.
Apart of the FW update your setup and mine don't differ in anything.
Glad to help if you need anything else.

mreese80

12 Dec 2015

tt_lab wrote:Hi,
Every computer is a different world. wish I was close to help you further. You try different computers different ports. The button below the shift button is the main button as I understand it.
Read all the solutions in the mpc-forums(I know you did but do it again and try every solution there)
And if you cannot update lastly call akai and ask them to solve it for you as I told you before.
My advice would be to tell them that you want to update the firmware and that you tried in 2 computers ansd it has been impossible and not that you want to use the midi control because you know the answer they gave you.
Apart of the FW update your setup and mine don't differ in anything.
Glad to help if you need anything else.
Ive done everthing man. it just doesnt do nothing. i dont know what the issue is. this is the first time ive ever not been able to do something. almost 2 years trying man. i appreciate all the help youve given me. akai keeps telling me the same thing. i called again. left a voicemail for support. youve done all you could do man. i knew from the jump you had yours working because everything you told via skype i had already done so the issue is the fw. i hold shift, power on, one pad is yellow, let it go, wait 5 secs, power back up hit ok update starts, always says it goes through. check firmware, 1.01...smh...

mreese80

16 Dec 2015

tt_lab wrote:Here the video showing what I do and working, sorry for the head knod and shake. Also I attach my mpc software template for reason pad control.
I tell you that I continue thinking it is the firmware. And even if akai said that it is not related they should provide you a viable way to do the update, even if it was only for some knobs, what I repeat don't believe.
The template:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q6zrk1fbbrbmi ... e.xpa?dl=0

i finally got it working man. i installed the drivers on another computer and updated it. it went thru the first time. thanks again man.

mreese80

16 Dec 2015

tt_lab wrote:Here the video showing what I do and working, sorry for the head knod and shake. Also I attach my mpc software template for reason pad control.
I tell you that I continue thinking it is the firmware. And even if akai sais that it is not related they should provide you a viable way to do the update, even if it was only for some knobs, what I repeat don't believe.
The template:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q6zrk1fbbrbmi ... e.xpa?dl=0

So can we not use 16 level mode?

tt_lab

17 Dec 2015

I don't think we can. But I've never tried it either.
Glad to hear that you got it working.

• Information