Harware Request: A CV patchbay USB controller for Reason?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
joeyluck

06 Nov 2015

I envision a USB controller for Reason which is a patchbay for CV in the rack with each patch point being assignable and having a scribble strip to label it. It would make playing with CV and patching things inside Reason more tactile/tangible and in turn even more fun! Connections-a-plenty, yet a compressed layout, making patching more inviting versus scrolling in the rack.

I suppose it would work something like the MS-20 controller works with the MS-20 software...
Except this would be for working throughout Reason.

Not sure if the hardware/software would then create the cabling connections inside the Reason rack or if it would work like a Combinator's patching...

Is there something out there similar? Is this at all feasible? Has this been requested before? And can someone please make it if it's possible? :)

Olivier

06 Nov 2015

A cool idea, but.... you'd have to first assign which CV in/out is represented by which in/out on your USB interface thingie... then you can patch it.. is that what you mean ? I'm not sure how you imagine to make this fit to all the different devices :)

What i do like is patching reason CV into my eurorack through my audio interface.. ..and processed CV back into reason..
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

joeyluck

06 Nov 2015

Yeah... I imagine something where each patch point has a touch sensitive scribble strip and one master menu knob to cycle thru all the available CV connections for any number of devices for that patch point. Surely it would involve some implementation that might not be possible...
But there may be simpler ways of implementing it.

• Information