AES in NYC 2015

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
selig
RE Developer

30 Oct 2015

Hey all,

I'll be at the AES convention in New York City over the next few days. If anyone wants me to check out anything in particular, please let me know and if possibly I'll post the results here. I'll also be posting anything interesting on Facebook and will copy here if applicable!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Exowildebeest

30 Oct 2015

It's a really "professional" thingy, isn't it?

I have no idea what I'd want you to check out to be honest, besides any Propellerheads and things you think this community might find interesting :)

selig
RE Developer

30 Oct 2015

So far the Moog Mother32 and Seaboard Rise have gotten my attention. ImageImage

There are some lovely speakers and microphones but it's difficult to judge on the noisy floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

joeyluck

30 Oct 2015

I only wish the Seaboard Rise had more connectivity. I feel like they could have borrowed from what Korg and others have done with the 3.5mm jack to MIDI 5-pin adapters.

Of course, I'm very excited about the Moog Mother-32! :)

pjeudy

01 Nov 2015

Awe Man I wish I saw this post earlier :( wanted to know about Sonic Academy new plugin :
Attachments
SONIC ACADEMY POST.png
SONIC ACADEMY POST.png (258.36 KiB) Viewed 1053 times
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

tt_lab

02 Nov 2015

Those little analog compressors from sknote at 250$ each look pretty sweet!

marcuswitt

02 Nov 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:It's a really "professional" thingy, isn't it?

I have no idea what I'd want you to check out to be honest, besides any Propellerheads and things you think this community might find interesting :)
No, nowadays the AES convention isn't as "professional" as it used to be - let's say - 15 years ago, in terms of presenting mainly the "big toys" like large format mixing consoles, although some of these "toys" can still be seen there, such as fairlightau.com (not Fairlight Instruments) or some other manufacturers that are specialized in broadcast/post pro technology. But the definition of what can be described and considered as being "professional" has changed in the last 10 to 15 years, as you know. What I always enjoyed at the AES was to meet good old friends there and to listen to some intersting and inspiring lectures, for instance lectures about studio acoustics.

selig
RE Developer

02 Nov 2015

pjeudy wrote:Awe Man I wish I saw this post earlier :( wanted to know about Sonic Academy new plugin :
Not sure what that could be - they don't make plugins themselves, right?
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

02 Nov 2015

tt_lab wrote:Those little analog compressors from sknote at 250$ each look pretty sweet!
Dang it, I missed seeing that one! ;(

Looks pretty cool, I must say.
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

02 Nov 2015

marcuswitt wrote:
Exowildebeest wrote:It's a really "professional" thingy, isn't it?

No, nowadays the AES convention isn't as "professional" as it used to be - let's say - 15 years ago, in terms of presenting mainly the "big toys" like large format mixing consoles, although some of these "toys" can still be seen there, such as fairlightau.com (not Fairlight Instruments) or some other manufacturers that are specialized in broadcast/post pro technology. But the definition of what can be described and considered as being "professional" has changed in the last 10 to 15 years, as you know. What I always enjoyed at the AES was to meet good old friends there and to listen to some intersting and inspiring lectures, for instance lectures about studio acoustics.
One of my favorite events this year was a 9.1 surround demo where one of the artists (Peter Greyson) was preset and speaking about composing for surround. The sound system was an absolutely amazing PMC monster system - sadly I wasn't able to get a photo without disturbing the event. Basically imagine 5 of these and four smaller versions for the "height" channels (yes, they are as huge as they look):
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information