Help me build my Euro Rack Case .

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
CharlyCharlzz

25 Oct 2015

So I am going to build a Euro Rack Case or Box and My father will do the Wood Work :)

I only got one module right now but I plan on adding stuff all my life on it so I need advices of all kinds .
will start with splitters for CV and Audio and then add a few things up for various uses but it will be a FX Rig 4 shure .

1st I need to buy a Power supply that works with my Demora , a strip of connectors and a back panel .......a yhea and metal frames to screw the modules on .

so is there some kind of half DIY way to do this , like a already builded power supply with stip connectors to glue on in the box so I dont have to solder things down myself ?!?!

2nd is there anything I can learn from you guys on this topic that will save me troubles in my Quest ?!?!
I try to save money but not at the cost of my gear Health or sound .

cheers in advence guys :thumbs_up:

PS: kind of a mission to find the cable adapters to lissen to Demora on stereo headphones , any solution on this 2 ? :|
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

CharlyCharlzz

28 Oct 2015

Ok I found what I wanted , damn back in the puf days a topic like this would have get on fire so wtf guys ?!!?!

anybody needs info on what I found just ask on this thread .

Olivier

28 Oct 2015

I Used an Ikea rast.... With a doepfer diy kit.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

CharlyCharlzz

31 Oct 2015

eauhm wrote:I Used an Ikea rast.... With a doepfer diy kit.
Yep , that poepfer is what I think of buying http://www.schneidersladen.de/en/doepfe ... 200ma.html

but I want a super vintage wood look with it so since my dad is good at this I am asking him to do that part .

I found cheaper power kits with soft power distribution boards but I was not convinced by the actual power supply , I rather get a brand like doepfer just to not have a fire starting will I modulate :lol:

freeQlow

31 Oct 2015

http://www.analoguehaven.com/

Please tell me you've shopped on this site?

CharlyCharlzz

01 Nov 2015

freeQlow wrote:http://www.analoguehaven.com/

Please tell me you've shopped on this site?
NO , I am in Europe (well not really I'm in Swiss) so I would not want to buy from too fare unless I really want something from over there .

great looking site BTW , did you order here ?

I am looking for a end of the chain output module , I want something that got two sets stereo outputs (one for headphones and one for Mixer or sound interface) I kind of would like it to have L/R inputs and stereo minijack outs or whATEVER .
KIND OF STARTING TO GET MIXED UP IN MY HEAD haha , thinking of cables aint easy when not in front of your eyes.

freeQlow

01 Nov 2015

this should work just fine, modeled after a reason song I believe.

Definitely don't need to order from the states with Eurorack in Germany.
Attachments
img_1577.jpg
img_1577.jpg (102.46 KiB) Viewed 2463 times

freeQlow

01 Nov 2015

If you own an ipad, this guy explains why his Mackie port mixer works best

CharlyCharlzz

01 Nov 2015

freeQlow wrote:If you own an ipad, this guy explains why his Mackie port mixer works best

I just want to make a eurorack with a few FX for now , I would rather have a module inside the Rack with stereo outs to DAW and also audio inputs .
at this point I get lost haha no idear what to get in term of connectics .

freeQlow

01 Nov 2015

I would suggest searching major music merchants across the globe to get a feel of what's out there.

In the states
Jrr Shop
Audiobug
Analogue Haven
Sweetwater

Good resource even if you're not buying.
I would go crazy after my first purchase.

CharlyCharlzz

02 Nov 2015

freeQlow wrote:I would suggest searching major music merchants across the globe to get a feel of what's out there.

In the states
Jrr Shop
Audiobug
Analogue Haven
Sweetwater

I even contacted sonicstates by PM and they sended me links , at this point I need to find a guy who owns euroracks to chat a bit about what option are there , too many modules to look at is getting me confused .

selig
RE Developer

02 Nov 2015

CharlyCharlzz wrote:
freeQlow wrote:I would suggest searching major music merchants across the globe to get a feel of what's out there.

In the states
Jrr Shop
Audiobug
Analogue Haven
Sweetwater

I even contacted sonicstates by PM and they sended me links , at this point I need to find a guy who owns euroracks to chat a bit about what option are there , too many modules to look at is getting me confused .
Not meaning to add to your confusion, but the new Moog Mother 32 is designed to fit into a Eurorack system, and is a very powerful set of tools for the money IMO.
Selig Audio, LLC

freeQlow

02 Nov 2015

, too many modules to look at is getting me confused .
1st out of 10 steps, admitting you're an addict.

Keep coming back, it works if you try ;-)

I believe we have spent all our money on re racks...
gearsluts, electronauts, electromusic.com vintagesynth.com

hope this helps you

CharlyCharlzz

02 Nov 2015

selig wrote: Image
I would really like a mother 32 but I am going to start with a FX BoxRack first , something I could use with my synths or Mic .
I got a Demora already but I want to put it in a lunchbox , the two ins and outs to make it stereo is doing my head to even lissen to what I do .
I need to put it in a rack and add audio connections in there to make it more handy to use in my setup , then I also will add things one by one and dollar by dollar so I may not go for a G serie type of compressor but maybe a EQ and Reverbe .
it is just that I have no idear where to start haha , I found power supply infos and I now look for my inputs and outputs so: mic preamp/Audio&CV SPidER .
freeQlow wrote:
I believe we have spent all our money on re racks...
gearsluts, electronauts, electromusic.com vintagesynth.com

hope this helps you

cheers , Yep I been all around but I think Reasontalk may be best because you get limited but top help :)

Olivier

03 Nov 2015

For connectivity with my daw, I really enjoy using expert sleepers es3 and 6. I can easily route stuff into the modular and back into reason.
The mother is defenitely cool, at its price incredibly hard to beat. But it all depends on what you want to do.

CharlyCharlzz

07 Nov 2015

I take notes

Olivier

07 Nov 2015

well.. the route i've taken is maybe a bit odd.. but i'll explain

I wanted to be able to interface with Reason CV so... the option there is to go the "Expert Sleepers" way.
I also wanted something to play the modular without the PC... so i started with:

An audio interface with ADAT over lightpipe to connect the ES3. So i got a MOTU 828Mk3.
The expert sleepers ES3.
An Arturia microbrute. A largely CV controllable subtractive synth.
MakeNoise Maths.

This was my starting point.

With it i had a complete CV controllable synth. The Microbrute has CV in and out. So i could control it using via expert sleepers "silent way" RE.
Other CV from for example synchronous... i could convert to an audio signal using thor... sent it out through the es3... do stuff to it using Maths (for what maths can do, check the webs ;) ) and then the sound would come from the microbrute.

Over time i've added stuff to it. A Makenoise DPO, An ES6 to be able to send CV (and audio) back to reason over ADAT, A couple of filters that i like (SEM, Wasp, both from Doepfer).. some ADSR's.. a matrix mixer.. a Makenoise richter wogglebug (all things random). Slowly building is key. Getting GAS is harsh with this stuff :P

So... now i can pipe the microbrute into the modular and do stuff with it.. and pipe that into reason.. Or use any synth in reason and process it in the modular and send it back... I can also play the modular standalone using the microbrute because it has a little sequencer and gate/note CV out.

The microbrute as a starting point is actually something i picked up on muffwiggler forums. I've not regretted taking that path.

freeQlow

08 Nov 2015

Keep us updated, would like to see what you come up with when it's all together.

CharlyCharlzz

12 Nov 2015

fare from started yet , had so much things to do I guess I will not have time until december or jan for it but I will order a few things before I even start .

freeQlow

14 Nov 2015

I can imagine the obsessive nature flowing and the urge to get it right the first time while keeping the lights on must be hard.

My obsessive and addictive nature and sense made me swear it off.

Although if that system 1M by aira actually does receive and send midi and could control lots of racks inside reason, that could be my boiling point.

O1B

15 Jun 2018

How's the Skiff coming along?

I just got a Demora found a Scooper at Cost (YES!)..
I hope you didn't sell it.

CharlyCharlzz wrote:
25 Oct 2015
So I am going to build a Euro Rack Case or Box and My father will do the Wood Work :)

I only got one module right now but I plan on adding stuff all my life on it so I need advices of all kinds .
will start with splitters for CV and Audio and then add a few things up for various uses but it will be a FX Rig 4 shure .

1st I need to buy a Power supply that works with my Demora , a strip of connectors and a back panel .......a yhea and metal frames to screw the modules on .

so is there some kind of half DIY way to do this , like a already builded power supply with stip connectors to glue on in the box so I dont have to solder things down myself ?!?!

2nd is there anything I can learn from you guys on this topic that will save me troubles in my Quest ?!?!
I try to save money but not at the cost of my gear Health or sound .

cheers in advence guys :thumbs_up:

PS: kind of a mission to find the cable adapters to lissen to Demora on stereo headphones , any solution on this 2 ? :|

kuhliloach

15 Jun 2018

a cool case (monorocket m6?)

jimmyklane

15 Jun 2018

Modular is my last unexplored world....the mod matrix in Thor, Europa, Grain, and the hardware I own that has them (Blofeld, Virus, Matrix-12, E5000 ultra) FACINATES me.... I’m forever making new discoveries, especially with things like recursive modulations (modulators that modulate themselves).

I may take the plunge next year....
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

Matt van K

16 Jun 2018

The Real Idea of Modular can only do the computer these days. Where the hardware ends, the computer starts. Of course for people who want to discover more and want real connect anything to anything. A HW modular is ,,limited´´ of all these possiblities. It starts with the money that you have to invest. That exsample of Ann Annie sounds good of course but if you compare it to other exsamples it sounds in nearly the same direction.
I must say that i´m more friendly with classic Doepfer modules and a book which explain synthesis on that Modular.(Florian Anwander)
But one day you want go deeper than such a system allow and the only chance is to bigger up the system. But do not forget the time which you spend on results.
Last edited by Matt van K on 19 Jun 2018, edited 1 time in total.

O1B

19 Jun 2018

I won't disagree with below... some will start writing in all caps internet tough-guy screaming.
Must agree. Software is Better. Software is Better.
Sure youre Right,

Get that caps button fixed yet, Selig?
Matt van K wrote:
16 Jun 2018
The Real Idea of Modular can only do the computer these days.
Where the Hardware ends, the computer starts. ...
A HW Modular is ,,limited´´ of all these possiblities. ...
But one day you want go deeper ...

• Information